What's new

BREAKING : REFUSED by hotels and lodges, PAK family spends the night on a Mumbai footpath

MUMBAI: A trip to 'Maximum City' turned bitter for a family from Pakistan. After visiting the iconic Haji Ali dargah, the family of six from Karachi found that no hotel or lodge was willing to give them rooms. When their efforts to return to their relatives' house in Jodhpur too failed, the family - which included three women and a boy - had no option but to spend the night on a footpath.

The family had arrived in India last week, and had stayed a while with relatives in Jodhpur. They had arrived in Mumbai, with two things on their agenda - a visit to Haji Ali and an attempt to meet Bollywood star Salman Khan.

"After being with our relatives in Jodhpur for over a week, we decided to visit the Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai for ziyarat (prayers). We arrived in Mumbai on October 14 morning, went to the shrine and returned from there after prayers," said Noor Banu, who had come to India with her brother Inayat Ali (55), nephew Shakeel Ahmed, two other women and a seven-year-old boy.

After a visit to Haji Ali, the family had tried to find accommodation. That's when their trauma started.

"I asked the family to wait near a hotel at Bhenzi Bazaar and began searching for a hotel or lodge. Till the evening I visited around a dozen lodges, but everyone refused to admit us since we are from Pakistan," said a bitter Shakeel Ahmed.

"What is the problem in providing us accommodation when the Indian government has given us valid visas?" he added.

"The little boy, who watched the 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' movie, is a big fan of Salman Khan. We thought we will try to meet Salman Khan too. However, the experience has been bitter. I don't want to say more. We just want to leave and reach home as early as possible," said Ahmed.

After they were turned away by a dozen lodges and hotels, the family decided to return to Jodhpur. They went to the Mumbai Central Railway station to take a train, but were stopped by the railway protection force (RPF).

The RPF personnel told the family that there was no train for Jodhpur late in the night and that they would have to come the next day. The family could also not spend the night on the platform, as that is not permitted in Mumbai.

So, they come out of the station and took the only option open to them - spend the night on a footpath.

On Thursday morning, the family left for Jodhpur. "We are going from Mumbai, but don't want to go with bitter memories. However, one will think about the treatment given to him or her on foreign soil," said Banu. The family did not approach the police, saying their priority was to reach home at the earliest.

When a reporter told Ahmed that the Indians' attitudes towards Pakistan changed after the 26/11 terror attacks, Ahmed said, "Even we feel bad for it. However, one cannot malign the image of all Pakistanis because of that."

Refused by hotels and lodges, Pak family spends the night on a Mumbai footpath - The Times of India

until Pakistanis stop sending terrorists to India they should get same treatment.

honestly, after watching couple of videos of this family, I feel sorry for them :( the father of the kid is in tears
they are respected family in Pakistan and did not deserve such humiliation just because they are Pakistani

The family went to 41 hotels but refused, and a family can't be terrorists

come on, we all understand that law was a bystander then... the government just wanted to ban the film disregarding the sentiments of many indians who wanted the film to be shown.
Many indians wanted to lynch those rapists, but that muslim juvenile was saved by the liiberal left of this country.

Incredible India ! and thanking you for your hosting.

Read the post again and accept your good hospitality.
How about you, read my post again? Or is "planning your trip",an alien word for your kind?

All the best for their return journey. Once they reach home they must not forget to thank Ajmal Kasab, Lashkar-e-Taiba, Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, Pakistan Army and ISI :lol:

Thank you for posting this article. Made my day. :tup:
And behan chod like you keep barking here, no wonder swines like you and Indians are from the same breed.

And behan chod like you keep barking here, no wonder swines like you and Indians are from the same breed.
No need to abuse, use punching bag if you can't control. Pakistanis are responsible for their condition today internationally. Abusing Indians online won't do any good to your image

There is a lesson for everyone here, trust a whore not an Indian...next time planning a trip to shit hole called india, rather give that money to a charity so that they can help these Indians to build some toilets.

No need to abuse, use punching bag if you can't control. Pakistanis are responsible for their condition today internationally. Abusing Indians online won't do any good to your image
Pakistanis are still living in lot better conditions than an ordinary Indian, and whatever we have gone thru in the last few years, don't worry we are coming out of it and world knows when we come out where our concentration would be.

Your reply made me laugh, thank you ...LOL.
Keep laughing...

i hope they are stuck there for atleast one more week and sleep on the footpath-- this will cure their love for india and fever of Bollywood-

i hope they are stuck there for atleast one more week and sleep on the footpath-- this will cure their love for india and fever of Bollywood-
Railway people gave them free accommodation, so yeah they are no loner on footpath. Talk about being thankless :disagree:

Pakistanis are still living in lot better conditions than an ordinary Indian, and whatever we have gone thru in the last few years, don't worry we are coming out of it and world knows when we come out where our concentration would be.

Whatever helps you sleep better and reduce your blood pressure. We don't want another Pakistani in our hospital now, do we? :)

Keep laughing...
Calm down bro, gaali deke kya bhala hoga, tera ya tere desh ka.
If a family of Indians had gone unplanned without any hotel reservations to Karachi, and were forced to stay on the streets; there would be a high probability that they would be either mugged, killed, raped, Kidnapped, etc.

Back
Top Bottom