What's new

BREAKING : REFUSED by hotels and lodges, PAK family spends the night on a Mumbai footpath

Good reminder to champions of friendship with india.

A true reflection of filthy indian mentality.

and this is how we treat indian visitors to our country

Sada Apna Punjab | Facebook

:pakistan:

MUMBAI: A trip to 'Maximum City' turned bitter for a family from Pakistan. After visiting the iconic Haji Ali dargah, the family of six from Karachi found that no hotel or lodge was willing to give them rooms. When their efforts to return to their relatives' house in Jodhpur too failed, the family - which included three women and a boy - had no option but to spend the night on a footpath.

The family had arrived in India last week, and had stayed a while with relatives in Jodhpur. They had arrived in Mumbai, with two things on their agenda - a visit to Haji Ali and an attempt to meet Bollywood star Salman Khan.

"After being with our relatives in Jodhpur for over a week, we decided to visit the Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai for ziyarat (prayers). We arrived in Mumbai on October 14 morning, went to the shrine and returned from there after prayers," said Noor Banu, who had come to India with her brother Inayat Ali (55), nephew Shakeel Ahmed, two other women and a seven-year-old boy.

After a visit to Haji Ali, the family had tried to find accommodation. That's when their trauma started.

"I asked the family to wait near a hotel at Bhenzi Bazaar and began searching for a hotel or lodge. Till the evening I visited around a dozen lodges, but everyone refused to admit us since we are from Pakistan," said a bitter Shakeel Ahmed.

"What is the problem in providing us accommodation when the Indian government has given us valid visas?" he added.

"The little boy, who watched the 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' movie, is a big fan of Salman Khan. We thought we will try to meet Salman Khan too. However, the experience has been bitter. I don't want to say more. We just want to leave and reach home as early as possible," said Ahmed.

After they were turned away by a dozen lodges and hotels, the family decided to return to Jodhpur. They went to the Mumbai Central Railway station to take a train, but were stopped by the railway protection force (RPF).

The RPF personnel told the family that there was no train for Jodhpur late in the night and that they would have to come the next day. The family could also not spend the night on the platform, as that is not permitted in Mumbai.

So, they come out of the station and took the only option open to them - spend the night on a footpath.

On Thursday morning, the family left for Jodhpur. "We are going from Mumbai, but don't want to go with bitter memories. However, one will think about the treatment given to him or her on foreign soil," said Banu. The family did not approach the police, saying their priority was to reach home at the earliest.

When a reporter told Ahmed that the Indians' attitudes towards Pakistan changed after the 26/11 terror attacks, Ahmed said, "Even we feel bad for it. However, one cannot malign the image of all Pakistanis because of that."

Refused by hotels and lodges, Pak family spends the night on a Mumbai footpath - The Times of India

Bhendi Bazaar (misquoted as Bhenzi Bazaar) is a predominantly Muslim area (Probably 100% Muslim). I can understand why the hotel owners were apprehensive about giving accommodation to a Pakistani family randomly showing up.

If you are a Pakistani, and are visiting India, heck if you are tourist from anywhere, book your hotels in advance!

Bhendi Bazaar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bhendi Bazaar (misquoted as Bhenzi Bazaar) is a predominantly Muslim area (Probably 100% Muslim). I can understand why the hotel owners were apprehensive about giving accommodation to a Pakistani family randomly showing up.

If you are a Pakistani, and are visiting India, heck if you are tourist from anywhere, book your hotels in advance!

I doubt tourists from elsewhere get heckled so much. Most foreigners get rooms pretty easily, faster than Indians.

I doubt tourists from elsewhere get heckled so much. Most foreigners get rooms pretty easily, faster than Indians.

True, but its always better to book in advance. I mean now with the internet available its pretty stupid to not book in advance? Especially when you are a Pakistani in India!

True, but its always better to book in advance. I mean now with the internet available its pretty stupid to not book in advance? Especially when you are a Pakistani in India!

Yup.......... especially when you are a pakistani in India. I agree.

But its possible that they were unaware they are unwelcome in India / Mumbai.

Yup.......... especially when you are a pakistani in India. I agree.

But its possible that they were unaware they are unwelcome in India / Mumbai.

Or they could have tried looking for a hotel in a different neighborhood.

A Pakistani family, staying in a low budget nondescript hotel, in a Muslim neighborhood would have raised eyebrows at the local intelligence office. No hotel owner would want to go through the trouble of having to deal with the police, so denying accommodation might have seemed like the easier option for them.

Anyways, looks like the RPF sorted accommodation for them, so they got a free nights stay in Mumbai. Not a bad deal :lol:

Or they could have tried looking for a hotel in a different neighborhood.

A Pakistani family, staying in a low budget nondescript hotel, in a Muslim neighborhood would have raised eyebrows at the local intelligence office. No hotel owner would want to go through the trouble of having to deal with the police, so denying accommodation might have seemed like the easier option for them.

Anyways, looks like the RPF sorted accommodation for them, so they got a free nights stay in Mumbai. Not a bad deal :lol:

If they could not find accommodation in a sympathetic muslim neighbourhood what chance did they have in a non muslim neighbourhood ? Less than Zero.

Dealing with the possibility of them being a Terrorist is one thing, who can deny the pleasure of refusing someone you know is a Terrorist sympathiser ? ..... its a shame RPF is not congratulated for allowing them to stay on the platform for more than 3 hours. Clearly the RPF bent the rules to accommodate these pakistanis. :P ..... but no gratitude. Kya kare.

If they could not find accommodation in a sympathetic muslim neighbourhood what chance did they have in a non muslim neighbourhood ? Less than Zero.

Dealing with the possibility of them being a Terrorist is one thing, who can deny the pleasure of refusing someone you know is a Terrorist sympathiser ? ..... its a shame RPF is not congratulated for allowing them to stay on the platform for more than 3 hours. Clearly the RPF bent the rules to accommodate these pakistanis. :P ..... but no gratitude. Kya kare.
So RPF came to the rescue. But we know that these thankless people will keep jumping up and down just like the clowns here on PDF

First i do feel bad about them.. living in streets its not at all safe when you have a young girl and a boy.. but i want to raise a questions and points

* how the hell media knew that they were pakistanis.. because to me they look like normal indian muslim family.. and its totally normal to see people sleeping on platforms.. that means they must have put a board saying ''We are pakistanis, Help Us''

now my point

* first and most importantly.. its almost impossible to find any accommodation in city like Mumbai at this time of the year if you dont get local help as friend or relatives.. believe me i know this as personal experience.

* they surely made poor planing specially if they think they can get a hotel just like that int his pre Puja season. The relatives were idiots letting them come to Mumbai without pre booking hotel.

* they were searching for hotel in Muslim dominated area.. still they were refused.. that means either they dont have required papers or something else.

* GoI doesnt take responsibility of accommodation.. its duty of the traveller to plan out every detail when you visit foreign country.

* Yes mindset of people do matters .. but very little specially in this Puja season everyone wants to rank up money anyway possible.

* Lastly.. when you send terrorist to kill innocent people with such hatred what do you expect? there will always be reaction.. people here will always look you in sceptical lens.. and dont forget India has thousands of Pakistanis artist working in india..

cheers

Honestly, it is a matter of shame that slowly we are turning more intolerant day by day that from our neighors..,,It is a matter of shame to us..

WTF????!!!!!! This is just bad. Shows how much Mumbai has rotted in recent years.
Thanks to the bl00dy Shiv Sena. They seem to have put the fear of God into Mumbaites and thus hotels etc are crap scared to accommodate Pakistanis.

When are they going to stop playing politics for a few brownie points?

Two things here:
Firstly were they refused entry because they were Pakistanis and what was the argument put forth behind that rationale.
Secondly, it's a private property the owner has the right to admit whoever he wants as a guest,maybe they should have pre booked the hotel and if the were to be refused entry after booking the the hotel then it's a different matter.

MUMBAI: A trip to 'Maximum City' turned bitter for a family from Pakistan. After visiting the iconic Haji Ali dargah, the family of six from Karachi found that no hotel or lodge was willing to give them rooms. When their efforts to return to their relatives' house in Jodhpur too failed, the family - which included three women and a boy - had no option but to spend the night on a footpath.

The family had arrived in India last week, and had stayed a while with relatives in Jodhpur. They had arrived in Mumbai, with two things on their agenda - a visit to Haji Ali and an attempt to meet Bollywood star Salman Khan.

"After being with our relatives in Jodhpur for over a week, we decided to visit the Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai for ziyarat (prayers). We arrived in Mumbai on October 14 morning, went to the shrine and returned from there after prayers," said Noor Banu, who had come to India with her brother Inayat Ali (55), nephew Shakeel Ahmed, two other women and a seven-year-old boy.

After a visit to Haji Ali, the family had tried to find accommodation. That's when their trauma started.

"I asked the family to wait near a hotel at Bhenzi Bazaar and began searching for a hotel or lodge. Till the evening I visited around a dozen lodges, but everyone refused to admit us since we are from Pakistan," said a bitter Shakeel Ahmed.

"What is the problem in providing us accommodation when the Indian government has given us valid visas?" he added.

"The little boy, who watched the 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' movie, is a big fan of Salman Khan. We thought we will try to meet Salman Khan too. However, the experience has been bitter. I don't want to say more. We just want to leave and reach home as early as possible," said Ahmed.

After they were turned away by a dozen lodges and hotels, the family decided to return to Jodhpur. They went to the Mumbai Central Railway station to take a train, but were stopped by the railway protection force (RPF).

The RPF personnel told the family that there was no train for Jodhpur late in the night and that they would have to come the next day. The family could also not spend the night on the platform, as that is not permitted in Mumbai.

So, they come out of the station and took the only option open to them - spend the night on a footpath.

On Thursday morning, the family left for Jodhpur. "We are going from Mumbai, but don't want to go with bitter memories. However, one will think about the treatment given to him or her on foreign soil," said Banu. The family did not approach the police, saying their priority was to reach home at the earliest.

When a reporter told Ahmed that the Indians' attitudes towards Pakistan changed after the 26/11 terror attacks, Ahmed said, "Even we feel bad for it. However, one cannot malign the image of all Pakistanis because of that."

Refused by hotels and lodges, Pak family spends the night on a Mumbai footpath - The Times of India

Incredible India ! and thanking you for your hosting.

Two things here:
Firstly were they refused entry because they were Pakistanis and what was the argument put forth behind that rationale.
Secondly, it's a private property the owner has the right to admit whoever he wants as a guest,maybe they should have pre booked the hotel and if the were to be refused entry after booking the the hotel then it's a different matter.
Read the post again and accept your good hospitality.

Back
Top Bottom