What's new

Breaking: PM Nawaz deliver big speech at United Nations New York

Good one Nawas Shariff........That was a wonderful speech....... Where else you can discuss killing of a terrorist.........

I do not know how many noticed, there were very few present while he made the speech.....

Another hard hitting speech on Kashmir by Nawaz Sharif... :pop:I can see why Modi chose to skip it and let's his FM deliver the speech. Not worth his time.
very soft speech....he kept Modi his buddy happy.

Everyone in the auditorium appreciated it, including heads of the states and delegates around the world. I don't know how much experience you have at this level, but you don't call out names of countries and their people. Its called a "diplomatic courtesy". So Yadev or anyone else's name wouldn't be called with respect to India. He used the guy from Kashmir in a Kashmiri context as a human rights violation.

Similarly, the Indians won't call people's named. They might use a name of some organization but that is also rare too. There are international protocols you have to follow to address other countries, even if they are your direct enemies.

Baluchistan wasn't put on the back burner. Baluchistan is an active part of Pakistan. Why does he need to mention it when something is already a part of his country? In fact by mentioning him, you'd put Baluchistan as a troubled region, right next to Kashmir. When its brought up again by India....what message you gave to the world? That you accept Baluchistan has issues? Everything is under control in Baluchistan so he did the right thing by not mentioning it at all. All if well, so if others bring it up, you act surprise and be like "whaaaat???".

Well, allow me to surprise you, the international community thought this was one of the best and thorough speeches covering a range of issues. Gen. Raheel called up NS and congratulated him as he nailed all points of concern for Pakistan.

What Baluchistan? Wait, its a Pakistani province. Why does India cares so much about an active Pakistani province with the highest growth potential? This is a response to if India brings up Baluchistan. You mention something that's problematic. By NS mentioning Baluchistan, he is technically agreeing to some issues there. While there are none. So why even bring it up?

If India brings it up, they can. I can blame Micky Mouse for my problems. Baluchistan is the Mickey Mouse to blame the Kashmir issue. The entire world has heard about Kashmir for the past 60 years. None have heard about Baluchistan before this year so think about the smartness of not even mentioning the name :cheers:. Welcome to international politics, where everything has a reason and strategy behind it :lol: :enjoy:.

Did you know his green tie had a message too? It reflects the color of Pakistani flag and the union of its provinces. Its a common practice among PM and Presidents to wear colors similar to their flags. It means that the speech has two things, 1: the content and points 2: the leader is absolutely sure about his national integrity and state of the union. If a country has some issues or separation in their geographical regions, they traditionally don't wear the tie representing their state of the unions aka, the flag!
Thanks, you explained it well so there's not much to add. I liked the speech, for years Nawaz was labeled an Indian plant in Pakistan by his critics. But this address of his on Kashmir and the one before it two years ago should be more than enough to silence his critics who question his loyalties. But I know it wont.

I do not know how many noticed, there were very few present while he made the speech.....

That's true every year, no one usually turns up to these speeches. Not many will be listening to Sushma Swaraj's speech either, maybe a little more but not too many.

Thanks, you explained it well so there's not much to add. I liked the speech, for years Nawaz was labeled an Indian plant in Pakistan by his critics. But this address of his on Kashmir and the one before it two years ago should be more than enough to silence his critics who question his loyalties. But I know it wont.

His critics haven't come up with one word of logic. There is plenty of growth initiatives being under taken. In fact, there are more high profile project being worked on than the entire list of things that happened in the past 70 years combined. So let the guy work and show the world where he can take Pakistan. He's built the foundation for it, why the useless leg pulling.

From John Kerry, to African leaders to the British PM and to the South American dignitaries, all have congratulated him on the phenomenal growth potentials that have started to exist for Pakistan. But sad to see his own people act stupid to his achievements that no one else has matched in the Pakistani history. The work speaks for itself and is visible to a blind.

Also, between both his speeches, there is audience sitting there and paying attention. Pakistan has gone beyond from having no audience to a sizable audience hearing out what he has to say. So good things are happening, the system needs to continue to deliver those and take Pakistan forward. Enough with the drama already!!

Not a fan of Nawaz Sharif, and by far one of his biggest critic on this forum. But i have to say he gave a really good speech, for once he gave a befitting reply to the Indians in the same tone as they speak to us.

Sir first of all you must understand the background of raising all issues at once. Here in Pakistan, Khan going to put punching pressure through Raiwind March. Shahbaz Sharif already met Raheel Sharif twice. If in case of any crisis like (fight btw PMLN and PTI crowd) police or even military is not capable to handle hundred thousands of people not they will wait and watch like 2014 so definitely Army intervene.

Khan has very strong point "Panama" in which NS and his brigade badly trapped. So Nawaz Sharif doesn't have any option except to make Pakistan Army happy so that in case of any crisis he will get support from the military.

How he can get support ? off course by doing "Hard hitting speech" against India. So he did that. Technically he is playing from both sides.

Nawaz Sharif doesn't have such personality who can deliver Hard Heating Speech. He has humble expressions and soft way of speaking so can't hold the hard word here. Yes he can raised all the issue. As I said there is a reason for that.

Sir first of all you must understand the background of raising all issues at once. Here in Pakistan, Khan going to put punching pressure through Raiwind March. Shahbaz Sharif already met Raheel Sharif twice. If in case of any crisis like (fight btw PMLN and PTI crowd) police or even military is not capable to handle hundred thousands of people not they will wait and watch like 2014 so definitely Army intervene.

Khan has very strong point "Panama" in which NS and his brigade badly trapped. So Nawaz Sharif doesn't have any option except to make Pakistan Army happy so that in case of any crisis he will get support from the military.

How he can get support ? off course by doing "Hard hitting speech" against India. So he did that. Technically he is playing from both sides.

Nawaz Sharif doesn't have such personality who can deliver Hard Heating Speech. He has humble expressions and soft way of speaking so can't hold the hard word here. Yes he can raised all the issue. As I said there is a reason for that.

Can you keep this cheap, domestic shiit out of here please? This is a pretty important thread!!!!

@WAJsal @Oscar @Slav Defence @Horus : guys, can we PLEASE make sure that strategic threads like these, where Pakistan once in her lifetime looks great, remain drama free like the domestic crap from the above post? There is a time and place for everything. This is not the time for this bullshiit.

Please clean the thread up if you don't mind.

@notorious_eagle : I saw your post above. Glad you appreciated the speech. Now can you undo the 3+4 negative ratings you gave me out of no good reason? Thanks!
+

Can you keep this cheap, domestic shiit out of here please? This is a pretty important thread!!!!

@WAJsal @Oscar @Slav Defence @Horus : guys, can we PLEASE make sure that strategic threads like these, where Pakistan once in her lifetime looks great, remain drama free like the domestic crap from the above post? There is a time and place for everything. This is not the time for this bullshiit.

Please clean the thread up if you don't mind.

@notorious_eagle : I saw your post above. Glad you appreciated the speech. Now can you undo the 3+4 negative ratings you gave me out of no good reason? Thanks!
+

Kid we are listening all these bs speeches since long time. Govt FAILED to raise issues when its required. Taking up all these issues after 4 - 6 months will completely damage your position.

Secondly first learn how to debate and talk. You're the only one about whom majority have single opinion, "This idiot thinks that he knows everything and all others are illiterate but in real he is actually"

Kid we are listening all these bs speeches since long time. Govt FAILED to raise issues when its required. Taking up all these issues after 4 - 6 months will completely damage your position.

Secondly first learn how to debate and talk. You're the only one about whom majority have single opinion, "This idiot thinks that he knows everything and all others are illiterate but in real he is actually"

Do I give a rats as* as to what you or others think? The people that I have on my text, you look at their pictures or once a year passing by, both from civil and military. So with all due respect, learn to speak at your level. I am not trying to be rude, just letting you know that there is a time and a place for everything. Trolling on such a critical thread doesn't serve a purpose. This topic had no place for your post. Post wisely.

Last edited:
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...ttack-united-nations-war-crimes-unga-3043448/

India accuses Pakistan of war crimes, calls it a ‘terrorist state’

India accuses Pakistan of war crimes, calls it a ‘terrorist state’
In a strong rebuttal, India said the terrorists designated by the UN continued to roam Pakistan's streets freely and operate with State support

India on Thursday called Pakistan a “terrorist state” and accused it of carrying out “war crimes” against Indians through its “long-standing policy” of sponsoring terrorism, hours after Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif racked up Kashmir issue at the UN General Assembly session. In a strong rebuttal, India said the terrorists designated by the UN continued to roam Pakistan’s streets freely and operate with State support.

Exercising India’s Right of Reply to Sharif’s “long tirade” about the situation in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, First Secretary in the Permanent Mission of India to the UN Eenam Gambhir said “the worst violation of human rights is terrorism.” “When practised as an instrument of state policy it is a war crime. What my country and our other neighbours are facing today is Pakistan’s long-standing policy of sponsoring terrorism, the consequences of which have spread well beyond our region,” she said.

Gambhir said India sees in Pakistan “a terrorist state” which channelises billions of dollars, much of it diverted from international aid, to training, financing and supporting terrorist groups as militant proxies against it neighbours. In a reference to JeM chief Masood Azhar and Mumbai terror attack mastermind Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, Gambhir said terrorist entities and their leaders, including many designated by the UN, continue to roam the streets of Pakistan freely and operate with State’s support.

Ideology Behind State Of Pakistan Is To Promote Terrorism: AHRC Researcher Baseer Naved

“With the approval of authorities, many terrorist organisations raise funds openly in flagrant violation of Pakistan’s international obligations,” she said. She said while Pakistan’s nuclear proliferation record is marked by “deception and deceit,” it talks about restraint, renunciation and peace.

“Similar false promises it has made to us – the international community – on terrorism. Perhaps renunciation of lies and self-restraint on threats could be a good place for Pakistan to start,” Gambhir said. India also strongly slammed Sharif for glorifying Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Burhan Wani, who was killed on July 8 by the Indian forces.

“Even today we have heard support by the Prime Minister of Pakistan for a self-acknowledged commander of a known terrorist organisation,” she said. Gambhir said Pakistan was a democracy deficit country and practises terrorism on its own people.

“It extends support to extremist groups, it suppresses minorities and women and denies basic human rights including through draconian laws,” she added. Gambhir voiced India’s firm resolve to protect all its citizens from all acts of terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir.

“We cannot and will not allow terrorism to prevail,” she said. Gambhir reminded the UN that the trail of the most “horrifying” and “dastardly terror attack” of 9/11 led all the way to Abbottabad in Pakistan, where Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden had been hiding for years and was killed by US forces.

She also noted that the land of Taxila, one of the greatest learning centres of ancient times, “is now host to the Ivy League of terrorism” and attracts aspirants and apprentices from all over the world. “The effect of its toxic curriculum are felt across the globe,” she said, adding that it is ironical that a country which has established itself as the global epicentre of terrorism, is preaching human rights and talks about the ostensible support for self-determination.

She also told the UN General Assembly that shortly before Pakistan gave its “hypocritical sermons” in the world body, its envoy in New Delhi was summoned in the context of the most recent of the terror attacks in Uri that claimed 18 Indian lives. “That terrorist attack is part of a trail of continuous flow of terrorists trained and armed by our neighbour and tasked to carry out terrorist attacks in my country,” she said.

Sharif raised the Kashmir issue with almost every world leader – including those from the US, the UK, Japan and Turkey – on Wednesday. He sought their intervention to resolve the matter

:rofl:

No he didnt mention the word India there.. He just said terrorism in Pakistan is externally supported... He didnt mention the word India there... I was clearly listening to his speech.. He didnt say india there

You seem too upset ......... cool down .............. there is always a difference between when someone is addressing a forum and when someone is crying, complaining and whining at every forum every time.

We don't cry, we address the people and problems.

We don't cry in front of others because we know we can take care of our problems ourselves and we proved it, the ones who matter they cannot disagree. Cry babies are a nuisance they can create a scene but not a lasting impression.

Prime Minister of the Islamic Republic of Paldstan

Please correct the spelling of Pakistan in OP.

Back
Top Bottom