What's new

Breaking! Large oil, gas reserves found near Karachi: PM

Since we're already feeling oily like rich Arabs, I think the time has come to place immediate orders for 50 F35s, 100 Su-35s and atleast 20 batteries of S400.

Let's live in the bubble before it bursts [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
While we are at it lets order a couple of Aircraft carriers as well :partay:

Guys say hello to me in 2020

s-l300.jpg

Only about 2 million Pakistanis are enrolled in higher education.

So that means 2 million Pakistanis will be earning degrees to feed 220 million???? That is abysmal.... Need to increase this number 10-fold to atleast 20 million. Use the extra space this oil field will provide (inshallah) to increase enrollment and investment in education.
First let primary school enrollment reach 20 million..

@farhan_9909 & @PakSword can shed more light on how these remittances can be increased.

There are many factors why Pakistanis usually don't prefer to send remittances to Pakistan.. Many Pakistanis who are educated in these two countries have dual nationalities, or are trying to get a permanent residence abroad.. They like to invest in western countries where they plan to live rest of their lives.. I know a guy who has recently bought two residential plots worth 1 million Australian dollars in Sydney.. Many Pakistanis buy properties in UAE rather than risking their hard earned money in buying properties in Pakistan, where these is a chance of losing their estate at the hands of land grabbers etc.. My own father lost 5 acre farm in late 1990s when he returned from KSA after 22 years.. and laws are so weak that we have to forget getting it back in the next 20 years at least.. People can't rent out their properties because they can't trust tenants and courts normally take side of the person who is living in the property..

Secondly, there are very few opportunities for Pakistanis to invest. I know a guy from UK who always talks about investing in UK in stock exchange and other smaller businesses.. One guy has recently bought a burger chain in Canada.. and he is still living in UAE, while his business is also giving him good returns.. Can we Pakistanis run business as a sleeping partner in Pakistan? No.......

Thirdly, Pakistani currency is depreciating.. I remember when I arrived in gulf in 2008, I AED was exchanging @ 20 PKR.. Now it is 38.. Who in the right mind will send and keep his money in Pakistani Rupees when the currency is devaluing so fast? In 10 years, a man can easily lose half of his savings.. That's why we see Pakistanis in the top foreigners who invest in UAE (specially in the real estate)..

Fourthly, our banking channels are so slow.. rates are not favorable, people prefer doing illegal money transfers rather than through banking channels..

Lastly, most of the Pakistanis are laborers.. and most of them are less paid because they are not properly qualified to do certain jobs.. they lack in local and English language skills.. and take up jobs at 75% of the standard salary for those jobs..

A lot needs to be done.. we need laws that are aimed at protecting someone's hard earned money... we need education, soft skills, language skills, technical education etc.. we need reforms in banking channels.. we need investment opportunities, we need to make Pakistan attractive enough that Pakistanis from the west start coming back to Pakistan.. I mean, who in the right mind wants to live in a country which is culturally/ religiously very different? I know many Pakistanis who migrated to western countries but want to return to GCC or to Pakistan.. because they don't want their children raised up there.. but they can't.. what will they do in Pakistan?

There are few things which our friend countries can do.. but there is a lot that we must do ourselves... and it will take time.. a lot of time.. just like it took at least 40 years to reach here where we are (in late 70s, early 80s, we were excelling), I want to give at least 10 years if we start reforms today!

Hold your horses, let's wait for more official confirmation. If true...let's keep in mind offshore oil is more expensive to extract then land based resources and could take many years to develop. A large discovery would increase cpec value to China. Pakistan would probably be the first country to sell oil in yuan's not dollars. We need to use our abundant energy resources to boost our own industrial output. We have enough energy resources, excluding offshore oil be one of the top 10 industrial economies in the world. With a large discovery we could be in the top 5 industrial economies.

Last edited:
we need money right now.i hope we can discover large amount of oil,gas.this will help economy and also we need money for new fighter jets,new long range sams.

Back
Top Bottom