What's new

Breaking! Large oil, gas reserves found near Karachi: PM

55591700_900511630280133_8628720504619925504_o.jpg

Tribune with their fake news as usual
He siad he was "expecting" positive news in 3 weeks..

He never said the above

If this does happen to be a find coupled with important news of removing 30% duties on equipment ..expect a surge in investment in the blocks surrounding it(yet to be auctioned )

Actually Just Next To Indus Block G Is Indus Block J And According To The Operator PEL There Natural Gas Reserves Are About 50 tcf

Well you guys have no idea Pakistan is full of oil and gas plus rich in minerals resources but its not a good time to show everything. INSHAllah Pakistan will be rich.

Venezuela has biggest oil reserves in the world and they have 1000% inflation and going through an economic crisis. Just having reserves is not the end solution. Having competent and people of integrity managing it leads to prosperity.

In any case we pray to Allah o azeem to make this news true.
It depends on the situation of the state.

In at least the short/medium term, Pakistan won't be exporting the oil and gas, but meeting its own needs. This will have the effect of shaving $12 billion off Pakistan's imports and, in turn, bring the trade deficit down.

I just hope Pakistan avoids the trap of exporting oil, gas, minerals, etc without a plan to use the profits to bolster the manufacturing industries. The long-term ForEx drivers should be machines, electronics, steel, composites, and engineering services, not natural resources. The natural resources should just be a stopgap or cushion.

@Khafee @Oscar @JamD My fear is that we short-cut like Nigeria, Venezuela, etc did, e.g., export natural resources, get cash, import like nuts.

In at least the short/medium term, Pakistan won't be exporting the oil and gas, but meeting its own needs. This will have the effect of shaving $12 billion off Pakistan's imports and, in turn, bring the trade deficit down.

I just hope Pakistan avoids the trap of exporting oil, gas, minerals, etc without a plan to use the profits to bolster the manufacturing industries. The long-term ForEx drivers should be machines, electronics, steel, composites, and engineering services, not natural resources. The natural resources should just be a stopgap or cushion.

@Khafee @Oscar @JamD My fear is that we short-cut like Nigeria, Venezuela, etc did, e.g., export natural resources, get cash, import like nuts.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/size-of-new-oil-reserve.610099/

The long-term ForEx drivers should be machines, electronics, steel, composites, and engineering services, not natural resources. The natural resources should just be a stopgap or cushion.
exactly our resources should be utilised to build Knowledge Base Economy, rather to remain resource based economy

Wish I could like this post multiple times. Having said that, I think for the next 20-40 years if there is oil or gas we should export as much as we can. I don't expect fossil fuels to be a big part of our grandchildrens lives.

Its going to revolutize country like Pakistan ..if a non corrupt govt stays in power
Lack of affordable energy is shaving 3-4% of GDP in addition to large import (15+b$)

My fear is that we’ll see very little of it since the Exxon contract or instability or bad estimates might ruin it.

This announcement should have been made ONLY once the reserves were triple confirmed

Then what 25% exxon mobil share news was about? if not for oil extraction? They can't have 25% of share unless they extract it.

Offshore Oil Concessions Are Basically Production Sharing Agreements That Is Exxon Mobile Gets 25% of The Output.So Does ENI.Whatever Is Left Goes To Us

Estimates are over 100 billion barrel. thus if true, it will not only shave our import bill for fuel but also help is in short term with our electricity needs provided GOP is smart enough to go with alternative such as hydro etc.

It will also provide massive amount for forex. UAE only has 99 billion barrel and you can see UAE position though they are not heavily populated.

My fear is that we’ll see very little of it since the Exxon contract or instability or bad estimates might ruin it.

This announcement should have been made ONLY once the reserves were triple confirmed
why would exxon contracts be an issue? Oil corporations would never loose an opportunity for money if there is any to be made.

Back
Top Bottom