What's new

Breaking, K-8P qualifies for combat

Seriously? I mean if you wana send kamkazis, this makes sense. But for AD,PD gosh! This is third line fighter, looks like PAF isn't gonna be going anywhere with the backbone I.e. JFT and come up with this circus.

This isn't for AD, that's why you have F-16's, JFT's and in the years to come, either SU-35's or J-10C'. This would serve as a good point defense tier. Same purpose that the F-7's were serving. This would just have lower speed as its sub-sonic. But its very agile due to being light and carrying two good short range AAM's like the Sidewinders, packs a pretty serious punch. Later, these can be upgraded to HOBS missiles too, making this a very potent PD fighter.

Grifo's are built in Pakistan for F-7's. These can use the same radar with a more modern yet smaller processing unit, and the swash plate. The Grifo's range out to 22 KM's for short range AAM's. Its more than enough for PD or self defense. Plus, if you strengthen the air-frame more, you can lift more weapons, making this an excellent and much cheaper version for ground support and COIN (with self defense capability). Imagine doing these upgrades to all 80-120 trainers that Pakistan has (or will have) of this kind.

This just adds a serious punch to the PAF's existing fleet, by giving them the freedom to defend the country in the skies and focus on bigger problems like intercepting the SU-30's and M2K's, and assign ground support to a hundred of these. Very good step. I've been saying it for the past few years to do this. I guess good stuff always happens :enjoy:

This isn't for AD, that's why you have F-16's, JFT's and in the years to come, either SU-35's or J-10C'. This would serve as a good point defense tier. Same purpose that the F-7's were serving. This would just have lower speed as its sub-sonic. But its very agile due to being light and carrying two good short range AAM's like the Sidewinders, packs a pretty serious punch. Later, these can be upgraded to HOBS missiles too, making this a very potent PD fighter.
Meray bhai if these are not gonna be helpful in AD and/or interception then what's the use of putting these missiles there in the first place? Secondly, if you have F-16s and JFT's for the above role then where would you find K-8P useful? K-8 wont be able to stand a chance against Mig-21 let alone better adversaries. Even for point defence you have to have a respectable fighter like say F-7. Why not channel those funds in buying SAMs which would have been a better complement than K-8P?

Grifo's are built in Pakistan for F-7's. These can use the same radar with a more modern yet smaller processing unit, and the swash plate. The Grifo's range out to 22 KM's for short range AAM's. Its more than enough for PD or self defense. Plus, if you strengthen the air-frame more, you can lift more weapons, making this an excellent and much cheaper version for ground support and COIN (with self defense capability). Imagine doing these upgrades to all 80-120 trainers that Pakistan has (or will have) of this kind.
Makes an appeal if K-8Ps training missions include a course on how to invade enemy airspace. If you'd read my first reply, I exactly pointed out the same thing. Put some precision guided bombs or ammo and make use of longer endurance (though I prefer Super Mashak for that reason).
This just adds a serious punch to the PAF's existing fleet, by giving them the freedom to defend the country in the skies and focus on bigger problems like intercepting the SU-30's and M2K's, and assign ground support to a hundred of these. Very good step. I've been saying it for the past few years to do this. I guess good stuff always happens :enjoy:
Maybe more planes carrying A2A missiles but not a significant threat but rather a hopeful last ditch defense measure.

these can be used by PA as tank busters n terrorist hide outs.They can bring down helicopters n any kind of Drones.

It's need of the time my friends

In case of any war on eastern side these jets can help PAF to be deployed on western side and take on any adventure from afghans ( I don't call them army for obvious reasons)

Also main line fighters can engage Indian fighters and still these K-8P can do the lovely work on ground armies

We need them for longer time as well couse afghan problem is not going away anytime soon

Everyone hating on the K8.
It's relatively low stall speed and ceiling make it perfect for engagment of slow flying ACs, Helicopters and UAVs.
Also remember that the best Ground Support ACs are slow ones like the A10 and SU25.
So stop bashing the K8.

I am sure this is being envisioned for terrain hugging cruise missiles, low flying drones and helicopters evading radar coverage...

The post clearly Said Air to Air Missile Being fired from Karakorum K-8P. PAF should also bring back A-5C for Bomber Roles and for ground support duty.

K-8_trainer_aircraft_Pakistan_Pakistani_Air_force_640.jpg

Just receiving news that PAF has successfully test fired AAMs from K-8P thus clearing it for air combat duties.

Pakistani Fighter Pilots are the 2nd best in the world, the reason is because Pakistan is the 2nd Country to land their fighter planes on their motorways and highways thus also making them runways for the war situation. These K8 Mushaak are re known for the services on the 6th of September i.e. Defense Day etc as they honored the Shaheed's who sacrifices their life for the betterment of this Country. Since last week after the attack on Uri base indian government has lost their senses and they are making foolish statements like war etc of which they themselves don't know the consequences. Pakistan in reply has responded much more hardly and have already prepared themselves for any situation to counter. That is why the K8 Mushaak planes are tested and Alhamdolillah i'm proud and i can proudly say the test is successful and PAF can also have the services of K8 planes in case of war.
This is another declaration by Pakistan that we are ready to counter any situation imposed on Us. Pakistan Zindaabaad

ALHUMDULILLAH. KEEP PROGRESSING DEAR BROTHERS, IN DUE TIME,AND IF EMERGENCY ARISES, WE CAN ALSO UPGRADE OUR K 8S AND POSSIBLY GET JF 17 LATEST BLOCKS, FROM OUR BROTHERS.

which radar is housed by K 8 ? is it wise to use K8 for combat duties keeping in view its low speed and service ceiling ?
according to wiki K8 has been tested in 2011 with grifo radar so u can guess that it is grifo or chinese equivalent maybe.

K-8_trainer_aircraft_Pakistan_Pakistani_Air_force_640.jpg

Just receiving news that PAF has successfully test fired AAMs from K-8P thus clearing it for air combat duties.

This will give PAF at least one more squadron for point defence and second line duties.
I think it is more related to the recent export drive (that saw mushaq's being sold)
One more goodie/extra feature that we will be offering with Our K-8 to make it more attractive. However even if this is the case i think we will see PAF operating a squadron or two.

One thing to add, can you recheck of it was AAM and not AGM? CAS suites K8 pretty well and the plane already have seen rockets being used.

Back
Top Bottom