What's new

Breaking, K-8P qualifies for combat

Guys, check under the right wing,

@Irfan Baloch @HRK @ISI @Tipu7 @shah1398 @Oscar @Muhammad Omar @The Eagle @Areesh

13920798_1056757794392200_5874653902487409312_n.jpg
Look at the personality of the pilot...Ahhhh Coooooolllll...!!!

Guys,guys, guys, this is what the PAF Air chief said in an interview to AFM last year.

"I began looking at a LIFT, but the difficulty is many like the KAI T-50 and Hongdu L-15, with their afterburners, are like fighters, and will cost around the same as an F-16. We cannot afford that now. We're concentrating on modifying the training so people can safely convert from the F-7P and Mirages to the two new platforms.
Anyway, when we get our dual-seat JF-17s, several of these issues will be resolved!"

So basically i think PAF has resolved the issue of Lead-in fighter trainer (LIFT) by making improvements on the K-8P, with the additional weapon package, it gives PAF all the requirements of a LIFT without the afterburners. An adequate solution until the dual-seat JF-17 becomes available in numbers.

You made my day Mr. Windy. I've been saying it for the past three years!! It made no sense to go acquire a LIFT platform when this was available to you as a point defense and as a light ground support plane. I believe more work can be done to make it focused on heavier ground support by adding more hard-points and strengthening the air-frame.

Its use will only be within Pakistan as a point defense fighter or a ground attack variant, so sub-sonic would work perfect in this case. From many airbases, the border is about 20-40 minutes at the most. So not bad at all.

Now the PAF can focus on the next big thing, the JFT block III and the future stealthy platform!!

Well I mean not all fleet may be going for Air-Air role , some might be customized for Ground role , enemy won't know which little K8 has a special gift

• Helo Hunter - no helo can escape it
  • UAV Hunter
  • Tank Hunter
  • APC Hunter

Ocassional help in Air-Air role for Support of JF17 Thunder fleet

CAS role at best. AAM for self protection

K8 is a special purpose plane and will have limited roles.

But such developments mean you can now use it in certain roles where your other assats are more valuable and cannot be risked.

Further it is also possible that PAF is moving to some new trainer and K8 are being modefied for other uses

smaller version can be produced i bet pac has that kind of expertise.western front,COIN operation,tanks,helis can have serious dent from these

we all know that f-7PG are going to retire and some of them are retired.they all use Grifo RADAR.
GRIFO_radar.jpg

We use them in K-8p what u people say.we also make them at home

F-7PG's are not retiring any time soon. They were inducted in 2001 and are still in service.

I think you probably meant the older F-7P's.

It doesnt mean it'll be a frontline fighter.

its just like how the russians make their trainers combat ready just in case.

K-8_trainer_aircraft_Pakistan_Pakistani_Air_force_640.jpg

Just receiving news that PAF has successfully test fired AAMs from K-8P thus clearing it for air combat duties.
The whole world converts such platforms to do COIN/AN&S duties.PAF goes for arming AAMs.These guys don't quit joking.

This will give PAF at least one more squadron for point defence and second line duties.
Seriously? I mean if you wana send kamkazis, this makes sense. But for AD,PD gosh! This is third line fighter, looks like PAF isn't gonna be going anywhere with the backbone I.e. JFT and come up with this circus.

Some crazy motherfucker in the PAF made my day ....:D ...They are gonna deploy it on the Western front ....too much to be handled by Afghans in the days to come !
You mean K8 will be deployed at western front..??

On Western front if you will face anything, it will be USAF's F-16s and F-15s and USN's F-18s. US operates main bases inAfghanistan.
gunships and some propeller fighters that have been delivered

Back
Top Bottom