What's new

Breaking, K-8P qualifies for combat

I think it is more related to the recent export drive (that saw mushaq's being sold)
One more goodie/extra feature that we will be offering with Our K-8 to make it more attractive. However even if this is the case i think we will see PAF operating a squadron or two.

One thing to add, can you recheck of it was AAM and not AGM? CAS suites K8 pretty well and the plane already have seen rockets being used.
It was definitely AAM , i even posted the picture of the event but seems to have been removed since.
With couple of sidewinders, it's an ideal point defence system.

My dear you have to be patient in our case, Let a neutral be held, the Peoples mandated take office, you will get your answers. Now is no the right time,I wont elaborate further.

I meant elections ,a real free and fair.transparent one, recognized a by the whole global community and HAS worldwide acceptability .
NOT IMPOSED BY INDIA'S WHIM and foul play ONLT TO SERVE INDIA'S INTEREST AND ACT AS THEIR STOOGES. forgetting the peoples needs and aspirations.

WHAT IMMATURE FOREIGN.POLICY,SIDING WITH INDIA AND ALIENATING CHINA, OUR BIGGEST FDI SOURCE.

AND ALSO OUR BIGGEST MILITARY HARDWARE SUPPLIERS,ON LONG TERM LOAN AND ON EXTREMELY SOFT TERM INTEREST. WITH NO TIED STRINGS.

@Arsalan K-8 armed with AAMs, pictured just before the successful test firing sortie.

14502908_1091796517575918_7606255427951897384_n.jpg

@Arsalan K-8 armed with AAMs, pictured just before the successful test firing sortie.

View attachment 338128
Impressive. Wonder what AAM was tested and what radar will be used. I guess it would be some low cost solution.

It will give a significant boost to the export drive i hope. A very interesting development. To support that export initiative we may well see PAF using a squadron or two as well. Good going.

Impressive. Wonder what AAM was tested and what radar will be used. I guess it would be some low cost solution.

It will give a significant boost to the export drive i hope. A very interesting development. To support that export initiative we may well see PAF using a squadron or two as well. Good going.
Albeit, this one looks to be PL-5 but in the past we have seen PAF engineers wire Chinese aircraft to fire American or French weapons also.

Albeit, this one looks to be PL-5 but in the past we have seen PAF engineers wire Chinese aircraft to fire American or French weapons also.
Yes!
However dont you think a low price options will be best suited for this one? We are not aiming to market this or use this is as combat aircraft, that is actually always going to be an additional feature, an extra benefit!!

The quals are to make up for the retirement of the FT-5s which had a anti-UAV role operating out of FoBs. The same thing is to be taken over by K-8Ps in wartime. It was ALWAYS wired for this role but never qualified as the requirement was not there until 2003.

P.S just dont expect it to try and scrap with a Mig-21.. let alone a Sukhoi.

Its role is to hunt down IAF UAV's and rotor assets WITHIN Pakistani airspace.

The quals are to make up for the retirement of the FT-5s which had a anti-UAV role operating out of FoBs. The same thing is to be taken over by K-8Ps in wartime. It was ALWAYS wired for this role but never qualified as the requirement was not there until 2003.

just a quick question, How effective can an IR or IIR missile be in hunting down rotor UAVs? Since the heat signature of those would be comparatively much smaller than, lets say a jet engine..

We need to get L-15 and get it armed. New modern trainers like YAK-130 and L-15 can be of great support against armor brigades and enemies helicopters also against insurgency.

web-l-15-at-aad.jpg

That is pretty reasonable and acceptable usage. How long can it stay airborne with a full petrol tank?

We need to get L-15 and get it armed. New modern trainers like YAK-130 and L-15 can be of great support against armor brigades and enemies helicopters also against insurgency.

web-l-15-at-aad.jpg

Pakistan had received 4 L-15s as a gift from China. Pakistan can use them for similar role as K-8Ps.

That is pretty reasonable and acceptable usage. How long can it stay airborne with a full petrol tank?

Pakistan had received 4 L-15s as a gift from China. Pakistan can use them for similar role as K-8Ps.
When we got 4 L-15 ??? @Windjammer

just a quick question, How effective can an IR or IIR missile be in hunting down rotor UAVs? Since the heat signature of those would be comparatively much smaller than, lets say a jet engine..

Modern missiles including those in use by the PAF dont chase after just exhausts; they chase after the heat coming off the wings and fuselage due to air friction. One missile in use by the PAF can actually "see" the aircraft as a shape.

That is pretty reasonable and acceptable usage. How long can it stay airborne with a full petrol tank?.

About 40 minutes of flight time. But as such, they are to be used in quick low level attacks only.

Pakistan can use K8 on western border and leave the thunder and viper for eastern border.

Also Helicopters, Gunships.
How capable K8 is with Ground strike package?
I have never seen any Pakistani K8 armed with Rocket pods.

Back
Top Bottom