What's new

Breaking: Iran unveils Saeqeh UCAV, shows captured American MQ1 Predator

IRI will be needing even bigger strike drones

But, thats probably issue of developing belonging engines. Surely, display and the video is a proof o a certain technology breakthrough. Now, the engine R&D should be highest priority

Full size UCAVs are underway...

Patience

do you think someone int this site has access to classified military information !? all of these are just some guess ...
Maybe!

I don't believe everything but some are tested in the past and they prove to know something,but not everything!

Just give us a hint!

Bmby_AuCQAARnY4.jpg

To be honest, nations like Germany, Sweden, Great Britain or France could also produce UCAV if they want to. Don't you think so?
Europe is generally skeptical against UAV's i think, partially also because of ethical reasons, i have seen a lot critisizm from European media against US and Israeli drone programs.

Classified...
Europe is generally skeptical against UAV's i think, partially also because of ethical reasons, i have seen a lot critisizm from European media against US and Israeli drone programs.

It's what you do with the weapon that matters!! UAV & UCAV are no less or no more dangerous than an fighter jet!!!

And they all have UAV's if it's not homemade it's an American UAV

German
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyfish

powered by Hydrogen powered fuel cells

upload_2016-10-1_23-36-16.png

maybe Iran got there 1st

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-1_23-33-55.png
    upload_2016-10-1_23-33-55.png
    62 KB · Views: 24
It's what you do with the weapon that matters!! UAV & UCAV are no less or no more dangerous than an fighter jet!!!

And they all have UAV's if it's not homemade it's an American UAV

German
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyfish

powered by Hydrogen powered fuel cells

View attachment 339857

maybe Iran got there 1st

Its not about just being a weapon. There is a real ethical problem as xenon already mentioned. They say that operating an UCAV and dropping bombs from thousands of kilometers and killing targets will become something easy and ordinary for operators. They are not directly confronted with the results of their actions. Because at the end of the day humans get killed and also civilians its a very questionable situation here. Another point that is often criticized and supports the argument above is that "war becomes a game". Just clicking a few buttons and dropping bombs and watching everything on some monitors or even just setting points on a map which the UCAV flys to and dropps bombs creates again this distance between the operator and the results of his deeds. In addition to these arguments some people also are scared of how UAVs could get hijacked by enemied in a war and used against yourself or how much autonomy a robot/uav should have. Should it be able to dropp bombs by itself when it arrives on its predestined position?

These are a few arguments you often here here in eu

Those countries that mostly are debating about this problems have no UCAVs in service. They have smaller UAVs and us made UAVs so there is no real need of making new ones and wasting money^^

Last edited:
Interesting step by Iran. The RQ-170 has been copied full scale but due to the lack of suitable jet engines they went for a smaller variant of it which should have following changes beside the size:

- Limited stealth capability, the use of a flying wing design gives a huge lift and hence fuel efficiency compared to conventional design like the S-129.

- I'm quite sure that the piston engine of the S-129 is used instead of Karrars Toloue mini jet engine or even something more advanced such as the Soumars/Kh-55 mini turbofan. This would reduce the speed significantly but make it much less expensive to operate and build. A flying wing UAV with a prop propulsion would make it a tactically useful system and all necessary technologies are there in Iran. A prop propulsion would also further reduce its stealth capabilities.

- It apparently lacks a landing gear so I would think that just like the Karrar it is accelerated by a booster. This would make runways unnecessary and add to its tactical benefits. The use of a catapult system is also possible.

The technological hurdle at the moment is the lack of a larger turbofan that can be serial produced. The owj engine without afterburner would do the job but at much decreased range. Once Iran gets a turbofan into seril production we can expect serial produced RQ-170s with space for a weaponbay or a larger variant with twin engines as heavy UACV bomber. A system like that could then make full use of the stealth capabilities given to Iran by the RQ-170.

Interesting step by Iran. The RQ-170 has been copied full scale but due to the lack of suitable jet engines they went for a smaller variant of it which should have following changes beside the size:

- Limited stealth capability, the use of a flying wing design gives a huge lift and hence fuel efficiency compared to conventional design like the S-129.

- I'm quite sure that the piston engine of the S-129 is used instead of Karrars Toloue mini jet engine or even something more advanced such as the Soumars/Kh-55 mini turbofan. This would reduce the speed significantly but make it much less expensive to operate and build. A flying wing UAV with a prop propulsion would make it a tactically useful system and all necessary technologies are there in Iran. A prop propulsion would also further reduce its stealth capabilities.

- It apparently lacks a landing gear so I would think that just like the Karrar it is accelerated by a booster. This would make runways unnecessary and add to its tactical benefits. The use of a catapult system is also possible.

The technological hurdle at the moment is the lack of a larger turbofan that can be serial produced. The owj engine without afterburner would do the job but at much decreased range. Once Iran gets a turbofan into seril production we can expect serial produced RQ-170s with space for a weaponbay or a larger variant with twin engines as heavy UACV bomber. A system like that could then make full use of the stealth capabilities given to Iran by the RQ-170.

This is a full scale model ...

2016-10-02-13-16-12.jpg
2016-10-02-13-15-19.jpg

2016-10-02-13-19-53.jpg
2016-10-02-13-39-47.jpg
2016-10-02-13-40-32.jpg

2016-10-02-13-35-50.jpg
2016-10-02-13-35-54.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom