What's new

Breaking: Iran unveils Saeqeh UCAV, shows captured American MQ1 Predator

2016-10-02-13-33-46.jpg
2016-10-02-13-33-54.jpg
2016-10-02-13-36-02.jpg

Yes but I don't expect to see them in numbers soon without a turbofan engine serial produced. Until that subsystem is ready Saeghe drones can be produced in numbers and become operational in units.

The 1:1 scale prototype most likely has just a Toloue mini turbojet, its underpowered might only be able to carry 1/3 of the fuel load and half of the speed for testing. A huge feat for the IRGCASF but without the critical subsystem=turbofan it wont become operational in units. With the Owj engine - afterburner, it would still lack the endurance, so I doubt they went that way. Lets hope the promise is kept and the master turbofan engines in 2 years so that by then S-171 Simorghs appear in operational condition.

Yes but I don't expect to see them in numbers soon without a turbofan engine serial produced. Until that subsystem is ready Saeghe drones can be produced in numbers and become operational in units.

The 1:1 scale prototype most likely has just a Toloue mini turbojet, its underpowered might only be able to carry 1/3 of the fuel load and half of the speed for testing. A huge feat for the IRGCASF but without the critical subsystem=turbofan it wont become operational in units. With the Owj engine - afterburner, it would still lack the endurance, so I doubt they went that way. Lets hope the promise is kept and the master turbofan engines in 2 years so that by then S-171 Simorghs appear in operational condition.

Seems you have no access to information !

:D

Let's wait a little more...

Sure I have not and if I had I wouldn't talk about it and potentially endanger the security of Iran. This is just open source speculation on the basis of photo data published and available. I have to take a pessimistic stance to remain objective.

But whats more: Just check the exhaust area of the S-171, to me it looks like a Toloue nozzle sticking out. The Toloue would be perfectly sufficient for 80% of the necessary flight testing to get it reliably working. For high altitude, long-range/high endurance and high speed testing a copy of the original turbofan engine or something in the same class is necessary.

Whats a mystery for such long range systems is the communications. My bet is that a directional narrow pencil beam AESA antenna based data link system is used, some advanced black project subsystem available the skunk works. This would have a very long LOS range, it would relay the data to a drone in Iranian airspace equipped with such antennas and this would relay it back to ground station.

Sure I have not and if I had I wouldn't talk about it and potentially endanger the security of Iran. This is just open source speculation on the basis of photo data published and available. I have to take a pessimistic stance to remain objective.

But whats more: Just check the exhaust area of the S-171, to me it looks like a Toloue nozzle sticking out. The Toloue would be perfectly sufficient for 80% of the necessary flight testing to get it reliably working. For high altitude, long-range/high endurance and high speed testing a copy of the original turbofan engine or something in the same class is necessary.

Whats a mystery for such long range systems is the communications. My bet is that a directional narrow pencil beam AESA antenna based data link system is used, some advanced black project subsystem available the skunk works. This would have a very long LOS range, it would relay the data to a drone in Iranian airspace equipped with such antennas and this would relay it back to ground station.
That exhaust looks bigger than Toloue engine.and that engine is not designed for sustained use.

It's what you do with the weapon that matters!! UAV & UCAV are no less or no more dangerous than an fighter jet!!!

And they all have UAV's if it's not homemade it's an American UAV
Its true that its not more deadly than a fighter jet, the main argument is that a drone is as if you are playing a video game while striking, though most fighter jets today get their coordinates through UAV's marking the position too so i dont agree with this argument anyway but that how it is over here.

This is really impressive even reverse engineering complex American tech is hard , now Iran finally has a tool fit for its wars , supporting militias backed by it now it can provide them support with drones with out actually send in humans like the Americans did :cheers:

we dont know whats inside of the reverse engineered sentinel rq-170 drone.
we also dont know if the outside material of the iran version is the same as american version.
we dont know if iran is able to reverse engineer all electronics/radars/materials the amreican version had.
what we see here on pics and videos is only a covering/outershell of an drone which looks like the american version.
But whats inside (electronic components, radars, engine, sensors) we dont know.
I have respect for iranian engineers, but I dont believe they can make an exact 100%, 1 to 1 clone of if without help from china/russia.
Shit, it had the latest technology as it was captured, it was operated by the CIA, not even the US army had this technology...

we dont know whats inside of the reverse engineered sentinel rq-170 drone.
we also dont know if the outside material of the iran version is the same as american version.
we dont know if iran is able to reverse engineer all electronics/radars/materials the amreican version had.
what we see here on pics and videos is only a covering/outershell of an drone which looks like the american version.
But whats inside (electronic components, radars, engine, sensors) we dont know.
I have respect for iranian engineers, but I dont believe they can make an exact 100%, 1 to 1 clone of if without help from china/russia.

When did they claim they will clone it entirely? They've said Iranian one will be made and suited for Iranian requirements. Of course they're not going to clone everything about it. The most important aspect was making a flying wing, which is what they've done and they shown they have the computing capability to put in flight such system.

As for your claim Iran needs Russians or Chinese to R/E. The technology of this UAV was/is decades ahead of what they possess, what could they offer to Iran? In Electronic components, Iranians already posses very capable engineers, no need for help. In any case, Iran would never allow access of foreigners to this system unless its part of a big deal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom