What's new

Breaking: Indian foreign minister visits Iran for Chabahar port inauguration

Yes. But he does not like Iran cosying up to India.

And is frustrated (disgusted ...) with his Indic Pakstani brethren who are impediments in the way of what he feels is the obvious bro angle by right - Iran-Pakistan.

Cheers, Doc
Not really , to many of us cosying up is fine. Its the proxy war games that turn he heat up. You know having caught an indian spy lurking in balochistan sneaking in from iran carrying iranian visa on his passport, some other terroists like baba ladla , uzair baloch having links with iran makes one cautious.
As of chahbahar development , every country keeps an eye on development taking place in neighbourhood.

I dont know but iran keeps squeaking before us eveyr now and then that how they are so bothered about us joining military alliance. I dont think iranians should be miffed with us.

Not really , to many of us cosying up is fine. Its the proxy war games that turn he heat up. You know having caught an indian spy lurking in balochistan sneaking in from iran carrying iranian visa on his passport, some other terroists like baba ladla , uzair baloch having links with iran makes one cautious.
As of chahbahar development , every country keeps an eye on development taking place in neighbourhood.

I dont know but iran keeps squeaking before us eveyr now and then that how they are so bothered about us joining military alliance. I dont think iranians should be miffed with us.

I was just sharing my read of my friend and senior, Kaptaan.

The rest will be what will be ...

Cheers, Doc

P.S. Kulbhushan was nabbed and spirited away (I believe the technical industry term is snatched) from Iranian soil. Am sure the Iranians are not too pleased about that.

which route is better black or red
View attachment 440445
First thing first! you argument would have been right it the world was flat...... as the world is a sphere the KM increases through malacca..... or is hard to grasp????

Secondly, you made lines and said this corner trade with other corner...... thats why i am saying CPEC is an extension of OBOR..... its not the entire world will come through CPEC......
CAR is not the priority of CPEC its a bi product where the countries can use infrastructure which i developed by china to its use and hence can be used and will have reached economies of scale....

Again please tell me how many countries and using iran as trade route??????

@KAI KAI Baloch You nailed it.
These media team of RAW active on defence.pk will not tell why RAW is investing for CPEC sabotage.
Again, this Chabahar is not primarily for aid or trade... its sole objective is Baluchistan and CPEC, while the construction is fully paid be US.
Thanks BATMAN......

The original question remains - if nobody (not even China) is willing to invest in Chabahar, apart from India, why should Iran stop them? Iran cannot leave all of Balochistan province to be so poor. When there is a strong strategic and economic opportunity like Chabahar, Iran will seize it. China is more than welcome to invest in Chabahar. So why hasn't it?

What sort of convergence is Iran supposed to create with China? Not India, which we export a load of oil to. Not the US - we're already the most anti-US country in the region. Iran is already in OBOR.

Let's face it, it is the bigger power that takes the first step. Iran can't just create a convergence out of nothing. China has to want a convergence on something. It is up to China to create the convergence. We don't have geopolitical interests in East Asia, and we have enough problems to deal with in our own region without adding countries from South/East Asia like India, which seems to be what you are implying we have to do.

The major current convergence between Iran and China is OBOR, and Chabahar, as an Iranian port, is fully compatible with OBOR.

But some presidents sing louder than others.
Well said Amir. This is exactly the point. Chabahar had been completed 20 years ago, this is just an expansion, and even then for 2 berths? Iran is a sovereign nation and a regional power in her own right. This is not an Indian Base. The Indians are hyping it into an Indian equivalent of Gwadar. Gwadar is a 'future military base' with Pakistani consent, they are our allies and we respect their sovereignty, we pay to use that port.

With Chinese IOR fleet there, we can help Pakistan defend their coasts from Indian attacks. This will change the current equilibrium dramatically, we can out build the Indians easily. We build their whole navy (Destroyers, Subs and Frigates) every 5 years. Our navy is around 3 times larger if we go by ocean going vessels and this is expanding. We can easily create an IOR fleet the size of the IN in IOR.

lol you gave only half the truth. India is actually second after countries like cuba voting against USA.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...dias-warm-ties-us-not-reflected-its-voting-un

"In recent years, India’s voting record at the world body has often been closer to those of countries that have serious policy differences with the U.S., than it has been to those of close allies."

It seems that you also want to willfully ignore the fact India was one of the few countries which traded with Iran during sanctions.

Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline went now where. If pakistan was Iran's friend why dint it complete the pipeline? Given that Raheel sharif is now heading the Saudi led anti-Iran coalition we all know where pakistan's loyalty lies.

Funny thing he mentions India knowtowing to USA and lacking spine.

When ironically Pakistan has USA drones patrolling its skies.

More importantly, Pakistan is signatory Acquisition and Cross-Service Agreement (ACSA) treaty:
list_of_treaties.jpg

acsa.jpg

https://www.state.gov/documents/organization/169274.pdf

acsa.jpg

http://www.acq.osd.mil/ic/ACSA.html

In other words, if there is war between Iran and USA, Pakistan is treaty bound to provide logistical support to USA for any military action against Iran.

The original question remains - if nobody (not even China) is willing to invest in Chabahar, apart from India, why should Iran stop them?

Because it makes Pakistanis insecure about their hegemonic plans for Afghanistan.

Both India and Iran have common goal of not having a hostile regime in Afghanistan.

Iran cannot leave all of Balochistan province to be so poor.
What are you doing otherwise? Hanging half dozen Baloch on daily basis!

China is more than welcome to invest in Chabahar.
Unlike IRGC and US army, China and India can't fit in same country.

When there is a strong strategic and economic opportunity like Chabahar, Iran will seize it.
It's strategic vs. Pakistan more for India. There's no economic opportunity attached with a port, who's sole purpose is to provide aid to Afghanistan.

In other words, if there is war between Iran and USA, Pakistan is treaty bound to provide logistical support to USA for any military action against Iran.
Which treaty is that?

P.S. Kulbhushan was nabbed and spirited away (I believe the technical industry term is snatched) from Iranian soil. Am sure the Iranians are not too pleased about that.

What you have to say about confession of Kulbhoshan Yadev ?
Pakistan has always tried to please Iran on regional and strategic level. I don't see reason in Iranian displeasure over an Indian, living and running business in Iran with fake ID.

What are you doing otherwise? Hanging half dozen Baloch on daily basis!

Unlike IRGC and US army, China and India can't fit in same country.

It's strategic vs. Pakistan more for India. There's no economic opportunity attached with a port, who's sole purpose is to provide aid to Afghanistan.

Which treaty is that?

What you have to say about confession of Kulbhoshan Yadev ?
Pakistan has always tried to please Iran on regional and strategic level. I don't see reason in Iranian displeasure over an Indian, living and running business in Iran with fake ID.

You can't be serious.

A sovereign nation will.be ok with people of another nation carrying out ops on their soil, and them not knowing anything about it.

Sovereign nations with self respect, I hasten to add ....

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom