What's new

Breaking: China says it 'completely & extraordinary' supports Pakistani government in against American intervention.

Salaam

This issue seems to be getting very serious. It would be an extraordinarily uncharacteristic move for the Chinese to say what is being reported.

If indeed it is true that they have said this, it would have far reaching implications for Pakistan and Pakistani politics.

I don't see how the Chinese would issue a statement (whether through official or unofficial channels) like this at this crucial junction if they don't fully support IK and his government.

I suspect it is also a message for our military establishment to do something.

I'd wait for a Chinese source though.

Edit: apparently it has been posted on Chinese official media. Source posted in OP. That changes it a lot.

Last edited:
Salaam
I agree with this, too late. They can be blocked from entering the scene.

I think they are late now.

As Rocky says 'It ain't over till it's over.

I'd wait for the vote know what's going on. Regardless of what the military says, even neutrality is a decision. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes but given this statement by the Chinese, my guess is a lot is going on.

Maybe we see some members of the opposition not getting to the assembly in time. Who knows. Let's wait and see.

These look like fake news accounts gents.

1. No blue tick. All the other Chinese state accounts have blue ticks.
2. It's got this odd underscore at the end. The only blue tick account i can see with the same format is the Pakistani embassy in China, which is where i think this has been copied from.
3. No that many followers
4. Unprofessional looking website, footer suggests it's powered by a Pakistani website.
5. Website is not on brand with any of the other Chinese govt websites

More evidence...

Last edited:
Obviously Chinese need to protect thier interests,they see IK as a good man, the rest of the opposition parties will buckle to American pressure and hence damage Chinese ties in the long run.

It’s from verified state affiliated Twitter account

@ChinaUrdu_ looks fake to me. I'm not an expert but here are a few things thats i found fishy...

1. No blue tick. All the other Chinese state accounts have blue ticks.
2. It's got this odd underscore at the end. The only blue tick account i can see with the same format is the Pakistani embassy in China, which is where i think this has been copied from.
3. No that many followers
4. Unprofessional looking website, footer suggests it's powered by a Pakistani website.
5. Website is not on brand with any of the other Chinese govt websites

Obviously Chinese need to protect thier interests,they see IK as a good man, the rest of the opposition parties will buckle to American pressure and hence damage Chinese ties in the long run.
Chinese were more happy with PMLN govt. China only got settled with IK govt since last year over CPEC projects. Anyways as far as they have cordial relations with Pak Army, it doesn't matter to them much. Though they started to like Imran Khan more.

Salaam

Another possibility is the Supreme Court verdict regarding the vote of members against party. If it is said it wouldn't count then the whole ncv collapses.
SC has postponed the hearing till Monday i think . so everything has moved against KHan now!

Salaam

Another possibility is the Supreme Court verdict regarding the vote of members against party. If it is said it wouldn't count then the whole ncv collapses.
Even then they might succeed as MQM has decided to join the opposition, they only need 4 to 5 more votes which can come from BAP and other small parties.

China has good relationships with NS anyway, it doesn't matter too much who is in office. They could even just go directly to the military...

Back
Top Bottom