What's new

Bomb blast outside indian embassy in Kabul

If an external entity invades Pakistan, or commits aggression against her, any Pakistan is welcome to fight against it, and internal differences will be put aside till that external threat is neutralized.

In the case of aggression against Pakistan, fighting off the external aggression takes priority, everything else goes on the back-burner - Pakistan's national security comes first.

You quoted my two lines but didn't respond to the second one. Why take part in unjust WOT then. Money?

You quoted my two lines but didn't respond to the second one. Why take part in unjust WOT then. Money?
The war to restore stability to Afghanistan is not unjust - without the international community getting involved in reconstruction, training and stabilization Afghanistan will go the way it did in the past - civil war and ethnic and religious strife, which is of no benefit to Pakistan.

Where Pakistan disagrees is with how the US is approaching the entire process, and believes certain factions of the Taliban need to be engaged and included in the GoA to end (or significantly reduce) the insurgency and get along with the business of reconstruction and stabilization - Pakistan wants those gas and oil pipelines from the Central Asian Republics.

That the Afghan Taliban insurgency has a strong nationalist streak is not just my view, but also the view of Western analysts, and I fail to see how pointing out the nationalist aspect of the insurgency should call into question support for the US war in terror.

Pointing out the nationalist aspect of the insurgency does however indicate disagreement with the way the US has been handling Afghanistan so far, and is reflective of Pakistani advice to negotiate with the Taliban and share power with them in a coalition Afghan government inclusive of all groups vying for power, while creating the conditions for a withdrawal of NATO forces, to be replace with either Afghan forces or an international (likely Muslim) PKF acceptable to all sides.

I cant disagree on you about some nationalistic fervor in Afghan Taliban.

But does Taliban represents majority Afghanistan?

Was Taliban borne due to NATO/US aggression or there was NATO/US aggression due to actions of TALIBAN?

Didn't they control Afghanistan before US took over, who stopped from committing crimes against humanity?

I think its too much when we choose a time frame to analyze things according to our convenience.

Let Afghanistan decide who their friends are, who their representatives are. Give them food ,infrastructure and help them govern themselves through people's representation but before that we should stop thinking about our vested interests.

I cant disagree on you about some nationalistic fervor in Afghan Taliban.

But does Taliban represents majority Afghanistan?

Was Taliban borne due to NATO/US aggression or there was NATO/US aggression due to actions of TALIBAN?
The Taliban, based on information I am aware of so far, did not knowingly support OBL and his henchmen in plotting or perpetrating 911 or any of the other terrorist attacks blamed on them.

The US/NATO did not by any means explore the option of engagement and a carrot and stick policy with the Taliban to get them to hand over the suspects, and chose a rush to war.

So I would argue that the Taliban have a legitimate grievance in that sense.

Didn't they control Afghanistan before US took over, who stopped from committing crimes against humanity?
The entities that controlled Afgahnistan before the Taliban, including the Northern Alliance warlords, also committed horrible 'crimes against humanity' including the slaughter of thousands from certain ethnic groups.

Remember that the conditions that existed in Afgahnistan before the taliban were so bad as to result in a majority of the Pashtuns and their allies welcoming the Taliban, of course in the end they proved to not be any better and appeared to have lost the support of the majority by the time the US invaded.

The point is that no faction in Afghanistan has been innocent, they have all been brutal and committed crimes. Karzai had to, under international pressure, veto a bill that would have legalized the rape of a wife in Afghanistan. And there have been various other laws passed that blatantly violate human rights - part of all this is just that many Afghans retain a tribal mindset, which will not change for generations, and even then only if education and progress takes place in Afghanistan.

I think its too much when we choose a time frame to analyze things according to our convenience.

Let Afghanistan decide who their friends are, who their representatives are. Give them food ,infrastructure and help them govern themselves through people's representation but before that we should stop thinking about our vested interests.
Yes - but the Taliban also have support, though it may not be anywhere closer to what it was in their heydey, and they are successfully arguing with those that support them that so long as NATO remains in Afghanistan, Afghans are not determining their destiny themselves.

Plus, Pakistan does not want to impose a power sharing agreement on the Afghans, it wants NATO and the GoA to consider it, open negotiations to explore it, and come to an arrangement acceptable to all sides.

Don't you have a national army to fight invaders. Why you need brutal people with medieval thinking to fight your war. So that they can claim high morality.

:) You should first clarify are you addressing Afghans or Pakistanis?

If you are addressing me then my dear friend Our National army is fighting the terrorists.

If you are addressing the Afghans well they dont have an army at the moment and the brave Afghans are fighting International terrorists from NATO and US and other invaders.

Everyone is entitled to views but Then you don't have a reason to be part of so called WOT and claim high moral ground and billions of aid. Cant be on both sides.

I am or for that matter every individual Pakistani is not part of the government. The decision is up to the elected government to be part of WoT or not. And the officialy Pakistani policy is 100% part of WoT hence there is no question of morality here.

On individual level even the American citizens and citizens of NATO countries are against this WoT so what will you say in this case?

Kia timing ha? on one hand we have a debate on KLB and on the other hand a bomb blast happens which strangely kills no Indian.
Loss of life is always sad but then again hidden agenda always surpasses the lives of ordinary.

Kia timing ha? on one hand we have a debate on KLB and on the other hand a bomb blast happens which strangely kills no Indian.
Loss of life is always sad but then again hidden agenda always surpasses the lives of ordinary.

So if it had killed some Indians and Americans there would be no hidden agenda. A better explanation would be the poor suicide bomber was not trained well enough. Maybe they are running out of ones with guts or brains.....or maybe both.:hitwall:

Another conspiracy theory by india, isreal, america(raw, mosad, cia) against Pakistan. look at the timing.

The war to restore stability to Afghanistan is not unjust - without the international community getting involved in reconstruction, training and stabilization Afghanistan will go the way it did in the past - civil war and ethnic and religious strife, which is of no benefit to Pakistan.

When the Soviets withdrew from Afghanistan we also left as we did not want to interfere in the internal affairs of Afghanistan. It turned into a hell hole. A majority of members in this forum have whined of how the US left leaving the problems of Afghanistan to Pakistan. After 9/11 we had no choice but to return. Now everyone wants us to get out. If we leave, what do you think is going to happen again?

Where Pakistan disagrees is with how the US is approaching the entire process, and believes certain factions of the Taliban need to be engaged and included in the GoA to end (or significantly reduce) the insurgency and get along with the business of reconstruction and stabilization -

Where Pakistan disagrees is the US is not approaching the process the way Pakistan wants. What Pakistan wants is "certain factions of the Taliban" namely those loyal to the GOP, who are nice enough to blow up the Indian embassy couple of times a year, to be in power.

Pakistan wants those gas and oil pipelines from the Central Asian Republics.

i thought Pakistan's only interest in Afghanistan was to help their suffering brother muslims.

Last edited:
So if it had killed some Indians and Americans there would be no hidden agenda. A better explanation would be the poor suicide bomber was not trained well enough. Maybe they are running out of ones with guts or brains.....or maybe both.:hitwall:

Or maybe it was to put an already gutless government under pressure and resisting army to tow along the lines or else......

You Yanks never stop amusing others.:disagree:

:) No we are not paranoid like Indians. Out paper says blast in Kabul.

lolzz yes we want India out of Afghanistan because India is there to train terrorists who are killing people in Pakistan particularly Balochistan and NWFP

I hope you were kidding.

Back
Top Bottom