What's new

Bollywood films are popular in China

A thread started by chinese that too by dear ChinaToday who is famous for posting anti India threads.

Is it ceasefire sign?? :lol:

Peace before the storm. :undecided:

You should watch movies based on track records of directors, and not actors, ameer has done some horrible movies like "Mann"(I remember I left the cinema hall in the middle)
Don't forget "Mangal pandey", but he is tolerable compared to SRK..

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

You should watch movies based on track records of directors, and not actors, ameer has done some horrible movies like "Mann"(I remember I left the cinema hall in the middle)
Don't forget "Mangal pandey", but he is tolerable compared to SRK..

Some movies from Bollywood which I recommend to Chinese brothers. No masala stuff. All genuinely entertaining and thought provoking movies.

Lagaan - Once Upon A Time In India(2001)(Oscar Nominee)
Dil Chahta Hai (2001)
Mother India (1957) (Oscar Nominee)
Mr and Mrs Iyer (2002)
Rang De Basanti (2006)
A Wednesday (2008)
Khosla Ka Ghosla (2006)
Udaan (2010)
Lakshya (2004)
Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar(1992)
Manorama Six Feet Under (2007)
Chak De! India (2007)
Sarfarosh(1999)
Page 3 (2005)
Anand (1971)
Roja (1993)
Golmaal(1979)
Satya(1998)

Bollywood is not Indian Film Industry but a part of it (actually the major part of it). I would recommend any film enthusiast to check out the Indian regional film industry also.

The regional film industry is way better, I especially like many Marathi movies. Sure they have their share of downright ridiculous ones, but I could name so many more Marathi movies than Hindi ones. And as a general rule, older movies, even Hindi ones tend to be better made than the newer ones. And there is an alternative art scene that may lack the glamour of mainstream Indian cinema, but produces much better movies. I am a native of Kashmir, and I learnt Marathi so that I could see the movies. I live in mumbai so that is not a big issue. Talking of movies , i really like Japanese ones too, learning a little japanese along the way...My interest in movies allowed me to get glimpses of two new languages hah!

The regional film industry is way better, I especially like many Marathi movies. Sure they have their share of downright ridiculous ones, but I could name so many more Marathi movies than Hindi ones. And as a general rule, older movies, even Hindi ones tend to be better made than the newer ones. And there is an alternative art scene that may lack the glamour of mainstream Indian cinema, but produces much better movies. I am a native of Kashmir, and I learnt Marathi so that I could see the movies. I live in mumbai so that is not a big issue. Talking of movies , i really like Japanese ones too, learning a little japanese along the way...My interest in movies allowed me to get glimpses of two new languages hah!

did ya watch new marathi movie shala?
khup mast aahe..

no idea, i remember was i was small, there were quite few bollywood movies, but people are easily got bored of it as they are too damn long and too much singing and dancing

too damn long and too much singing and dancing..... :lol: Spot on.... :)

Cheers

Yes 3 idiots is good movie.....

There is one more nice indian movie but i couldn't remember it's name. Only i remember " every kids are special" or something like that.

I can see india improves itself about movies. Last a few years we have watched these nice movies. Keep doing guys !!!:enjoy:

There is one more nice indian movie but i couldn't remember it's name. Only i remember " every kids are special" or something like that.

I can see india improves itself about movies. Last a few years we have watched these nice movies. Keep doing guys !!!:enjoy:
You are probably talking about Taare Zameen Par. A good movie indeed.

the movies name was tare zamin par..

Back
Top Bottom