What's new

As iPhone sales decline, Apple CEO Tim Cook makes a 'surprise' visit to China, Huawei to beat Apple in China in 2024

Tim Cook is a master businessman, he knows he needs the Chinese market irrespective of geopolitical head-winds. They generated $74 billion from China, roughly 1/5th of entire revenue. That would be catastrophic if Apple gets banned in China. Not to mention the supply chain disruption. He won't do anything that jeopardizes China business.

Tim Cook is a master businessman, he knows he needs the Chinese market irrespective of geopolitical head-winds. They generated $74 billion from China, roughly 1/5th of entire revenue. That would be catastrophic if Apple gets banned in China. Not to mention the supply chain disruption. He won't do anything that jeopardizes China business.
Tim Cook maybe a master businessman, but China is a fcking master business country. We let you all talk sh!t, as long as you pay money to your masters. So, China steals, China copies, China poor quality, China phone national security threats, China prison camps, China collapses, India freedoom, India beats China. Keep talking:lol:

Last edited:
It has outsold it for the last month.

LOL! Name one Chinese brand that you think is #1 in the US...all I can think of is DJI...and that is a relatively small market compared to something like phones. Yes, you have a trade surplus but in terms of consumer brands that surplus is mostly from foreign companies using China as a cheap manufacturing source...as they do with other Asian countries like Bangladesh.

What brands are "those" again that Americans would see as Gods?
CATL battery, the go to supplier for most American electronics, ranging from Tesla to iPhone.

Your brain doesn't allow you to think beyond Hollywood fairytales.

He should be visiting Capitol Hill instead of China.

Last edited:
CATL battery, the go to supplier for most American electronics, ranging from Tesla to iPhone.

Your brain doesn't allow you to think beyond Hollywood fairytales.

I'm so so so so so glad the primary example that quickly comes to your mind of being a #1 brand Chinese company in the US is simply a battery hidden in the depths of a product that nobody typically sees.

In my case my 2023 Tesla Model Y uses 2170 Panasonics not CATL so that just shows Chinese brands are not really as important as you think in the American market. Because of Biden's tax law requirements the only batteries that are eligible for a $7,500 discount are the ones made in the US by Panasonic and Tesla. LFP CATL batteries were simply not eligible because they were not made in the US. So Tesla could not use them in their Model 3/Y or their car buyers would be not be eligible for the tax break. Tesla simply discontinued them and had the Chinese LFP battery companies like CATL (and BYD) be suppliers to the Berlin and Shanghai manufacturing plants while keeping the entire Panasonic/Tesla battery production for exclusive use of Made-in-USA Teslas for the US market. US consumers didn't even flinch at the change...so :enjoy:

Here watch this video where he explains the battery situation:

Tesla Battery Basics for Beginners​

TLDR for the 2023 US market.
Tesla Model S: 1865's Imported by Panasonic/LG (Cars too expensive to qualify for tax break so importing them makes no difference)
Tesla Model X: 1865's Imported by Panasonic/LG (Cars too expensive to qualify for tax break so importing them makes no difference)
Tesla AWD Model 3: 2170's Made in US by Panasonic/Tesla
Tesla AWD Model Y: 2170's/4680's Made in US by Panasonic/Tesla,

Tesla Model 3 RWD: was prismatic CATL LFP but 2023 cars discontinued due to tax break ineligibility. (CATL prismatic LMFP/LFP will be reintroduced this month for the 2024 Model year).
Tesla Model Y RWD: was prismatic CATL LFP but 2023 cars discontinued due to tax break ineligibility. (CATL prismatic LMFP/LFP will be reintroduced this month for the 2024 Model year).

batteries.png

Your example sums things up perfectly as to what I'm trying to say. Thank you!

Last edited:
I'm so so so so so glad the primary example that quickly comes to your mind of being a #1 brand Chinese company in the US is simply a battery hidden in the depths of a product that nobody typically sees.

In my case my 2023 Tesla Model Y uses 2170 Panasonics not CATL so that just shows Chinese brands are not really as important as you think in the American market. Because of Biden's tax law requirements the only batteries that are eligible for a $7,500 discount are the ones made in the US by Panasonic and Tesla. LFP CATL batteries were simply not eligible because they were not made in the US. So Tesla could not use them in their Model 3/Y or their car buyers would be not be eligible for the tax break. Tesla simply switched them out and had the Chinese LFP battery companies like CATL (and BYD) be suppliers to the Berlin and Shanghai manufacturing plants while keeping the entire Panasonic and Tesla battery production for exclusive use of Made-in-USA Teslas for the US market. US consumers didn't even flinch at the change...so :enjoy:

Here watch this video where he explains the battery situation:

Tesla Battery Basics for Beginners​

TLDR for the 2023 US market.
Tesla Model X/Y: 1865's Imported by Panasonic/LG (Cars too expensive to qualify for tax break so importing them makes no difference)
Tesla Model 3: 2170's Made in US by Panasonic/Tesla
Tesla Model Y: 2170's/4680's Made in US by Panasonic/Tesla,

Tesla Model 3/Y RWD: was prismatic CATL LFP but cars discontinued due to tax break ineligibility.

View attachment 965069

Your example sums things up perfectly as to what I'm trying to say. Thank you!
You aren't negating anything I've written.

CATL is the #1 brand for batteries in USA, not just the primary contractor for Tesla, but also for Apple, Ford, Daimler AG, and many more users.

You asked for 1 brand; I've given you one. You can deny it; it makes no difference.
It doesn't matter what you see or don't see.

CATL is the #1 brand for batteries in USA, not just the primary contractor for Tesla,

It is not the primary contractor for Tesla batteries in the US.
Panasonic is the primary...it has always been the primary.
Apparently your reading comprehension is zero.

Tesla didn't even use CATL batteries in ANY of their US models before August of 2021.

Last edited:

As iPhone sales decline, Apple CEO Tim Cook makes a 'surprise' visit to China, Huawei to beat Apple in China in 2024​

Oct 17, 2023, 11:45 IST

Apple CEO Tim Cook made a surprise visit to China and interacted with gamers in the city of Chengdu. Cook met with gamers of Tencent's popular game, Honour of Kings, and visited the Apple Taikoo Li store in Chengdu. Meanwhile, a report by Counterpoint Research suggests that Huawei's Mate 60 Pro has outsold the iPhone 15 in China.

104487927.jpg

Apple CEO Tim Cook made a surprise visit to China and interacted with gamers in the city of Chengdu. Cook met with gamers of Tencent's popular game, Honour of Kings, and visited the Apple Taikoo Li store in Chengdu. Meanwhile, a report by Counterpoint Research suggests that Huawei's Mate 60 Pro has outsold the iPhone 15 in China.

Apple CEO Tim Cook has made a ‘surprise’ visit to China. According to a report by Bloomberg, Cook arrived in the country and visited the city of Chengdu, where he interacted with gamers. As per the report, Cook also met with gamers of Tencent’s popular game, Honour of Kings.

Cook posted on Chinese social media platform Weibo about his interaction with gamers. “The action-packed Honour of Kings started here in Chengdu and is now a global phenomenon on the App Store. Thank you TiMi Studio Group and all the talented gamers who were competing at Apple Taikoo Li Chengdu. The energy tonight was off the charts,” he wrote. As the tweet suggests, Cook went to the Apple Taikoo Li store in Chengdu as well.

Huawei’s phones more popular
According to another report by Bloomberg, which cites a report by Counterpoint Research, Huawei’s Mate 60 Pro has outsold the iPhone 15 in China. In fact, the sales of iPhone 15 series are less compared to the iPhone 14 series. In the first 17 days, as per the report, the sales of iPhone 15 series are 4.5% less than that of iPhone 14 series.

Analysts at Jeffries, on the other hand, say that Apple’s sales have declined in double-digit percentage. The analysts also predict that Huawei could beat Apple in China in 2024. "The trend suggests iPhone would lose to Huawei in 2024," writes Jefferies analysts. "We believe weak demand in China would eventually lead to lower-than-expected global shipments of iPhone.” Since China is one of the biggest smartphone market — and an extremely crucial one for Apple — the overall shipments of iPhone could be impacted.

Counterpoint Research says that the Chinese economy is still suffering due to the Covid-19 pandemic and that has had an impact on the sales of iPhones in the country.

If I were a Chinese, I too would buy Huawei cell phones over Apple cell phones.

If I were a Chinese, I too would buy Huawei cell phones over Apple cell phones.
The problem with that statement is essentially: Who are you?

You must be someone whose opinions are valued by ordinary Chinese. Are you?

I am a Pakistani, thank you very much.

Chinese see Pakistan as their ally.
Chinese viewed Pakistan second most favourable nation after Russia.

And as if the Chinese would give a "damn" for your opinion.

I am a Pakistani, thank you very much.
The point is not your nationality but how valuable are you? Pretty much -- you are meaningless.

And as if the Chinese would give a "damn" for your opinion.
The problem for that argument is that I am not here to change Chinese opinions but to give an American perspective to the unknown silent readers out there. I do not care for Chinese opinions. :lol:

The point is not your nationality but how valuable are you? Pretty much -- you are meaningless.

The problem for that argument is that I am not here to change Chinese opinions but to give an American perspective to the unknown silent readers out there. I do not care for Chinese opinions. :lol:
Giving your perspective, is giving your "opinion." No need to chew up words.

As if the Chinese give a damn for your "perspective." either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom