What's new

Bollywood challenges Hollywood in Russia

Must be cultural difference. We eat on the floor in Pakistan.
now that i have proven your point can you please stop derailing the topic any further if you dont have any thing good to contribute you are free to take a hike

90% of Pakistanis I met talk about Bollywood more passionately than myself or any of my Indian friends. I am sure Pakistanis for the most part would snatch Bollywood out of India if they could. Pakistanis on this forum are trying too hard not to show their jealousy. But hey we understand. No worries.

Well this Pakistani doesn't.

Problem? ; )
i am sure you have seen most of the new indian films, and made nasty comments later. tell tell...

why the hell will i eat on the floor no one does (speaking about my friends and family)
I used to when we were kids and all the cousins went to one of the houses for vacations.
sometimes during functions we eat on floor on banana leaves.
nowadays my legs pain on doing so.

It has been said Indian soft power is more and more challenging the US in this regard. Bollywood has been a major player in helping this.

+ here in UK Bollywood films are shown in most major cinimeas- the same ones that show Iron man and the like. I've been dragged to enough of these to know that there are arguably as many non-Indians as Indians paying to watch these offerings. And I knew someone from Nigeria who had a collection of over 300 Bollywood films and said back home Bolloywood was everywhere. She knew SRK and Bachan but had no idea who Tom Cruise was!!

yes, at least 1 in 100

I think the concept shown in bollywood movies is quite romantic - more romantic than say, hollywood films. It is a reflection of the south asian culture which values family bonds highly - in this case boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. :tup:

And I knew someone from Nigeria who had a collection of over 300 Bollywood films and said back home Bolloywood was everywhere. She knew SRK and Bachan but had no idea who Tom Cruise was!!

hilarious! she knows srk but not tom cruise!!

I think the concept shown in bollywood movies is quite romantic - more romantic than say, hollywood films. It is a reflection of the south asian culture which values family bonds highly - in this case boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. :tup:

maybe that or we don't have money to make hollywood type movies. yes, when people get job or married and if their job is in the same place where they grew up, they don't move out and chose to stay with their parents and grand parents. i find it strange when i see the opposite happen in other countries.

Bollywood is crap. I used to watch them when some of the films actually had a plot.

These days the successful formula for a bollywood film is:

Salman Khan+Girl that follows him around+4(beating up 100 guys)+pelvic thrusts= Retarded movie goer orgasm

Bollywood is crap. I used to watch them when some of the films actually had a plot.

These days the successful formula for a bollywood film is:

Salman Khan+Girl that follows him around+4(beating up 100 guys)+pelvic thrusts= Retarded movie goer orgasm

u still watch bollywood stop lying brahh

They may be good, but I dont like Indian Movies. They have many songs( my view) dnt get angry wit me

You are not alone in that :lol:

I watched Tamil Movie "3" few days ago! (Don't know a word of Tamil) Liked it! In fact I haven't seen a love story picturised with such elegance in any of the Hindi movies in recent years.

PLease say you watched it because of "why this kolaveri di".

In the end i appreciate bollywood very much. It is the only film industry in south asia which has received global popularity. It has certainly boosted the perstige of India in global stage.

It is certainly not India's only film industry that has global audience - For example Kollywood (Tamil film industry) has a huge following in South East Asia, Middle East, US and Lanka.

Ha ha wtf.

He is correct.

There is no unified food as Indian food. It varies vastly from Gujarat to Bengal and from Kashmir to Tamil Nadu.

So more precisely there are Indian foods

Also I have a question. Do Indians at home eat on the floor?

Traditionally yes. But not food out of the floor. But we sit down, cross legged and eat food out of plate or banana leaf.

innersearch_080126-tiruvannamalai-2__400_img_8102.jpg

Problem ?

Back
Top Bottom