What's new

Bollywood challenges Hollywood in Russia

What I'm really curious about is the roast lamb leg. My Pak mates told me about it and it keeps getting me hungry. That's something really unique u guys have. What's it called?

Don't know which dish you are talking about unless you show me picture of it (there are a lot of dishes involving Lamb, Camel, Cow, Goat, etc) . In Pakistan we have a lot of unique dishes and not everyone knows about them, for example in our Tribal Areas there is a dish which comprises of lamb or goat stomach stuffed with rice and a few others that aren't eaten in other parts of Pakistan as far as i know.

Bollywood is in no position to challenge Hollywood anywhere except in the subcontinent. Sorry, I don't buy it. It's true that there is a growing demand of Bollywood movies in many parts of the world, but let's not exaggerate that. The production cost of some of the costliest Bollywood movies are around 20 millions whereas Hollywood spends 10 times more on an average movie. There is no comparison.

There is no such thing as Indian food. Indian food differs from region to region.

And thus Pakistani food is also regionally different and thus the areas which were partitioned to become Pakistan have very different cuisine than Indian regional food.

Since our close proximity to Afghanistan, Iran and Arab world, we have a mixture of their cuisine with the blending of Indian spices.

Bollywood is not even Pakistani.

Who cares?

Safai dene mein paseena na bahao, hum sab jaante hain. :rofl::rofl:

Yeah, I guess it is the result of cultural differences. I understand that south asian society tends to value emotions more than Russia or the west, maybe that is why the films put such emphasis on love story plots (which seems to us as fantasy :P )

In the end i appreciate bollywood very much. It is the only film industry in south asia which has received global popularity. It has certainly boosted the perstige of India in global stage.

One question, I know a lame one: Does love work in south asia the way it is shown in indian movies? :what:

Have you watched Hindi movie, "Dasvidaniya" filmed in Russia. The movie is low budget but have very good story line.

Tell me one thing.

I am from Jammu and you told me in the other thread that your forefathers were from Jammu.So one point in time we were one i guess?So how can it be different i want to know.

Jammu guys are passionate rajmah-khor. :D

Tell me one thing.

I am from Jammu and you told me in the other thread that your forefathers were from Jammu.So one point in time we were one i guess?So how can it be different i want to know.

Well I'm not sure about food from Jammu. They probably ate the same thing as people eat in Jammu today. I was born in Punjab.

Bollywood is currently nowhere close to challenging Hollywood. There is a difference of Earth and Sky in terms of our production budget, not to mention that most Bollywood movies these days (last 10 years) are just copies of Hollywood movies with song/dance and Hindi instead of English.

Well I'm not sure about food from Jammu. They probably ate the same thing as people eat in Jammu today. I was born in Punjab.

You were saying that Pakistani food is very different from Indian food so i am asking you that your forefathers are from Jammu/Punjab right?..SO how can the food be different from India?

BTW food of Jammu is similar to the food in Punjab which is similar to the food of Himachal,Haryana,Delhi etc.Kashmiri food is very different to North Indian food.

As we keep travelling the food just like the language slowly starts changing..and this is the beauty of India.

i don't watch indian movies .last move was at the age of 7 was amitab's DON . after 20 years i have no idea about indian cinema or pakistani cinema .waste of time

Pakistan is fairly diverse as well, and to say all the food is the same as Indian food is not correct.

Go to Hunza valley, Gilgit, Balochistan and you will find very different foods.

However due to the art of cuisine, most chefs pick up on different dishes.

Also I have a question. Do Indians at home eat on the floor?

why the hell will i eat on the floor no one does (speaking about my friends and family)

Back
Top Bottom