What's new

Bollywood challenges Hollywood in Russia

Well this Pakistani doesn't.

Problem? ; )

One Pakistani out of 177 100 000 wouldn't really make a difference.

Just curious though, u don't like Indian food either. Well then what do u eat?

Don't even start by telling me 'Pakistani' food. I've checked all over. Damn thing is the same stuff I grew up with.

Be cool man..some of us dont like Bollywood films too.

I also used to wonder that our films should cut all the songs plus should be more realistic aand follow Hollywood pattern but then i thought doing this would only result in Bollywood loosing the current followers plus would loose to Hollywood in the long run coz of budget.

Yeah, I guess it is the result of cultural differences. I understand that south asian society tends to value emotions more than Russia or the west, maybe that is why the films put such emphasis on love story plots (which seems to us as fantasy :P )

In the end i appreciate bollywood very much. It is the only film industry in south asia which has received global popularity. It has certainly boosted the perstige of India in global stage.

One question, I know a lame one: Does love work in south asia the way it is shown in indian movies? :what:

I saw a Russian movie which was in russian laguage i didnt understand a single word but liked it very much.It was about Russian Army and Chechen rebels.

U must have seen either Voyna or Prisoner of the Caucasus. I love Voyna. I'd recommend everyone here to watch this Russian film though. "Brestskaia krepost / Брестская крепость" - The Brest Fortress.

Russians take the best war movies and this one tops everyone of those.

One Pakistani out of 177 100 000 wouldn't really make a difference.

Don't even start by telling me 'Pakistani' food. I've checked all over. Damn thing is the same stuff I grew up with.

False. Pakistani food is different. Our masala's for meat are different. And even Indians admit tastier.

False. Pakistani food is different. Our masala's for meat are different. And even Indians admit tastier.

As different as Chinese is from Indian? Or Mexican is from Pakistani? Or we talking about the kinda vast difference you see between Italian and Mexican?

A bunch of Indian states deciding to live under a different government and system 6 decades ago does not miraculously turn out an entirely new culture and cuisine.

As different as Chinese is from Indian? Or Mexican is from Pakistani? Or we talking about the kinda vast difference you see between Italian and Mexican?

A bunch of Indian states deciding to live under a different government and system 6 decades ago does not miraculously turn out an entirely new culture and cuisine.

Plus you bhartis have to ruin everything with coconut milk. :bad:

indian food? what indian food? You mean Biryani, Pulau, Kebab, Tikka, Paratha, Na'an and all of those other foods? They aren't indian, they are in fact Persian/Iranian, brought here by Mughals and Afghans.

BTW, Pakistani food is way better than indian food and beats it hands down. Though, indian/bangali style spicy fish is amazing i hear, would live to try it one day.

No it isn't, more than 800,000,000 of your people don't even eat meat.

indian food? what indian food? You mean Biryani, Pulau, Kebab, Tikka, Paratha, Na'an and all of those other foods? They aren't indian, they are in fact Persian/Iranian, brought here by Mughals and Afghans.

BTW, Pakistani food is way better than indian food and beats it hands down. Though, indian/bangali style spicy fish is amazing i hear, would live to try it one day.

No it isn't, more than 800,000,000 of your people don't even eat meat.

That leaves out about 300 000 000 carnivores, more than the entire population of Pakistan. :agree: We do eat meat too mate.

Anyway lets stop trolling, since the topic is about food.

What I'm really curious about is the roast lamb leg. My Pak mates told me about it and it keeps getting me hungry. That's something really unique u guys have. What's it called?

Coconut milk is used by people in coastal areas only and India is a vast country.

Pakistan is fairly diverse as well, and to say all the food is the same as Indian food is not correct.

Go to Hunza valley, Gilgit, Balochistan and you will find very different foods.

However due to the art of cuisine, most chefs pick up on different dishes.

Also I have a question. Do Indians at home eat on the floor?

Pakistan is fairly diverse as well, and to say all the food is the same as Indian food is not correct.

Go to Hunza valley, Gilgit, Balochistan and you will find very different foods.

However due to the art of cuisine, most chefs pick up on different dishes.

Also I have a question. Do Indians at home eat on the floor?

Tell me one thing.

I am from Jammu and you told me in the other thread that your forefathers were from Jammu.So one point in time we were one i guess?So how can it be different i want to know.

Back
Top Bottom