What's new

Blast in INS kolkatta

1779921_631786753553676_1062270631_n.jpg

What is going in the IN? After the resignation of the top honcho.. things need to be reeled in..
although honestly freak accidents like these cannot be prevented all the time.

The person had died because of blunt force injury coupled with excessive inhalation of CO2.

RIP

The ship is fine, just a cylinder damaged.

probably freak accident.but one commander level officer died.RIP.

RIP....

but I have a question....few people claiming of CO2 leaked and catches fire ..
but CO2 is a non-combustible gas which doesnot support combustion..so, any one claiming CO2 gas fire killed the person is speaking BS....:undecided:
the only possibility which coming to my mind is that due to heat and pressure the co2 cylinder busted and part of the cylinder hit the person in some criticle are of his body and he succumbed to injuries....

Last edited:
I think people need to check fire extinguishers for leaks,
most hav a life of 18 months
though some wear out in one yr
but their are tell tale signs on the cylinder if its corroding

RIP....

but CO2 is a non-combustible gas which doesnot support combustion..so, any one claiming CO2 gas fire killed the person is speaking BS....:undecided:
the only possibility which coming to my mind is that due to heat and pressure the co2 cylinder busted and part of the cylinder hit the person in some criticle are of his body and he succumbed to injuries....

It's equally possible that the CO2 cylinder explosion merely knocked him out and he then died of asphyxiation.

I think people need to check fire extinguishers for leaks,
most hav a life of 18 months
though some wear out in one yr
but their are tell tale signs on the cylinder if its corroding

The News reports are hinting that the explosion/leak occured during some trial runs. The cylinder in question might have been part of an Automated Fire-Control system.

Incidents happen, so whats the big fuss here if it was a CO2 cylinder or something else.
btw my condolences for the dead one(s).

RIP....

News report says, CO2 leaked and the officer died after breathing it.. I did not see any report of fire!!

As long as accident is not caused by human negligence or known sub standard equipment, then there is no need to overreact. Heavy duty shipbuilding is a dangerous profession, my father who was a marine engineer, tells me accidents - industrial in nature, are unfortunately always a danger.

Condolences to the family of the officer. Sad news.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom