What's new

Blackwater's Pakistan mission (and related news)

Prohibited bore licences issued to US security firm( Inter Risk)

Daily Times Monitor

LAHORE: The government has issued 86 licences for banned weapons to a security company, contracted by the US embassy in Islamabad, a private TV channel reported on Thursday.

A source in the Interior Ministry told the channel that the licences had been issued to Inter Risk following Prime Minister Gilani’s approval. US ambassador to Pakistan Anne Patterson had held meetings with PM Gilani and the Interior Minister Rehman Malik in this regard, it said.

The channel said the weapons had been imported from the US and each weapon was worth Rs 800,000.

The security company had signed a contract with the embassy in April. A US embassy spokesman told the channel that it was no secret that the embassy had hired Inter Risk for security.

FO denies presence of Blackwater
FO denies presence of Blackwater

Friday, September 18, 2009
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Thursday said there is no presence of Blackwater in Pakistan. Addressing a weekly briefing here, Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit while quoting the statement of the Interior Ministry said there is no presence of Blackwater in Pakistan

The spokesman said Pakistan would not allow any foreign troops to launch any operation against terrorists inside Pakistan. He said Pakistani forces are capable of fighting the terrorists and militants and they had proved it in the recent operation against such elements in Swatwill lead the Indian delegation from September 22-26, which will also include Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao.

Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir is still in Islamabad and has not joined the presidential delegation. “Though we are getting mixed signals about the two foreign secretaries meeting in New York, our sense is that Pakistan would be conveyed the dates about it before the Indian delegation leaves New Delhi,” is one official view here.

Not ready to take chances, it is only when there is a firm date from South Block when Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir will leave for New York. The two foreign ministers are expected to meet in an environment of mutual distrust and suspicions with Zardari even hitting out at New Delhi that its continued anti-Pakistan propaganda would in no way undermine his US visit.

This issue was raised at the weekly briefing of the Foreign Office and when questioned on Zardari’s remarks, the spokesman replied, “He was saying that in the context of anti-Pakistan propaganda. We are confident that this propaganda would not achieve anything in the end because Pakistan in the context of fighting terrorism is working with full sincerity of purpose.”

On the eve of his departure, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, in a bid to nip media hype in the bud, mentioned the fact that there would be no “breakthrough” in a meeting with his Indian counterpart.

The spokesman, however, commenting on this added a hint of hope when he said, “The foreign minister also said that we are going to this meeting with an open mind and when you go to a meeting with an open mind there is always a possibility of a positive outcome.”

Pakistan, despite the cold shoulder and delaying methods of South Block says that the issue of Kashmir is sure to echo in New York especially in the OIC Kashmir Contact Group meeting. The president will also raise it in his address to the UN General Assembly, as has been the tradition.

“We strongly believe that just and fair settlement of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute is absolutely essential for a lasting and viable peace in South Asia. So Pakistan will make a pitch for this issue again in New York this year. We would not relent in our endeavours towards creating an international environment where we have diplomatic support to resolve this issue in accordance with the aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir,” explained the spokesman.

The spokesman also spoke of issues with India on its eastern borders as was reflected in a recent statement by Admiral Mullen. “These comments are correct in the sense that we have issues with India and we are facing problems of terrorism on our Western borders. There are issues on both the sides,” said the spokesman.

CNN-IBN REPORT

The spokesman to a query did not reject completely the reports that Pakistan’s Ambassador in Washington had reportedly leaked some classified information to CNN and IBN, but rather took refuge in the word “reportedly” and replied, “As you used the word ‘reportedly’, it will not be appropriate for me to comment in public on such official matters. The ambassadors communication had also been sent to the Foreign Secretary in the ministry.”

The spokesman to a query took exception to the term ****** as coined by the Obama Administration and replied, “First of all, we do not agree to this ****** term because Afghanistan and Pakistan are two different countries with different problems and situations. Secondly, we would not allow, under any circumstances, operations inside Pakistan by US forces and we have conveyed this several times to our US interlocutors and this is one of our red lines.”

KERRY-LUGAR BILL

Pakistan has still not evolved any mechanism for the disbursement of $1.5 billion expected under this US law.

The question when raised got this response from the spokesman. “Not yet. But we are working on that in consultation with the US. Let me clarify one thing; Pakistan government is not against or averse to transparency; we would rather encourage transparency and accountability at every stage because we want whatever assistance Pakistan receives, it should be utilised effectively and to the benefit of the people of Pakistan. What we have been saying is that we would like to reduce the administrative cost of this assistance so that it is cost-effective and maximum benefits reach to the people of Pakistan,” he said.

Pakistan clearly says that it has a problem with the UK International Institute for Strategic Studies, which notes that Pakistan is a cause of instability in Afghanistan. The spokesman clarified that it was Pakistan, in fact, which was struggling with the effects of the prolonged conflict inside Afghanistan.

“So, it is the other way around rather than Pakistan being a cause of instability in Afghanistan,” he added. The spokesman rubbished assertions by Richard Holbrook that Al-Qaeda and certain other militant elements were after Pakistan’s nuclear secrets.

Calling this statement baseless and farfetched speculation the spokesman replied, “We are very confident about our strategic assets and there is no danger to them whatsoever. We have very strong and ironclad custodial arrangements and mechanisms. The issue of their falling into wrong hand does not arise.”

And the evidence they worked for blackwater, that they were rude americans that wore dark glasses and carried weapons. How many of you wear dark glasses, how many of you yell at people in Peshwar traffic, how many of you carry weapons as part of your work OMG your all from black water. Perhaps time for a little rationality rather than rumor and paranoia?

Most of the foreigners caught in the blast were working with aid agencies helping internally displaced persons.[13] An official of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees from Serbia, Aleksandar Vorkapić, was among those killed;[14][15] a Filipino employee of UNICEF also died.[16] Three UN employees from Germany, Somalia, and the UK were wounded.[17]

A serb, a filipino, a german, a somali and an pom that were working to aid the people of pakistan and a lot of other innocent people were killed by a nutcase who belives he has the right to comit mass murder because he doesnt like americans.

You dont like blackwater, fine you think Prince is an *** fine so do I. If you think some one is doing something illegal you report it to the police. You dont kill innocent people. The last "blackwater" people arrested were actually Cia working with the ISI.

im just stating rumours.. Nobody supports attacks on their own country.

But I dont support Xe in my country either. I hope the media covers this more and more, and Pakistani parliamentarian and civilians and military officials grab these lotas and kick them out.

Blackwater/Xe poses a political and security risk. I am not comfortable with their presence in my country.

They should vacate IMMEDIATELY. I don't think they will be safe here. Security arrangements should not be made for a rogue entity that has murder cases and wreckless endangerment charges against them.

How could we sink so low as to even contemplate allowing them Visas into this country. How?

that being said if they are in Pakistan. they are there at the INVITATION of your country. if you got a problem, take it up with your Government. That's what democracies do.

i am quite sure our agencies are after them and will kick them out. do u think this whole issue has been raised by journalists. journalists knew nothing. they were fed.

it could be openned up by some elements in the , ISI or MI but i think with the help of journalits too.
i really dont trust our interrior minster , his dam nose is under uncle sams hands , also he is the one who, made tones of money by , forming his own security frim?
he will do , wht can make uncle sam happy plus , he can do anything to make himself & gru Z rich!

that being said if they are in Pakistan. they are there at the INVITATION of your country. if you got a problem, take it up with your Government. That's what democracies do.

agreed 800%

I think we should impeach our government for compromising our national security. That's what democracies do.

Black Water Agents in Pakistani Cities, Operating...

This is a must watch video for all Pakistanis.

:Mod Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blackwater in Pakistan for "Targeted Assassination Projects"

Black Water recruiting effort, renting compounds, three Pakistani Generals including some who work for ISI publicly speaking out against Black Water, contractors from foreign countries, and more...

Last edited by a moderator:
Merged all Blackwater related threads here. Please discuss them here and not all over the forum.

well, without getting into fear, this all episode of black water is looking dangerous, & our premire intell agencies , should open thier eyes , if not thn , prepare for the worst !
at least , they (xe=blackwater) can become , a target in pakistan , & if that happens it, would be a nightmare for the govt. & the premire agencies of pakistan?:angry:
so, its better to take care of the matter, before it all slips from the hands!:smokin:
i think , its getting serious, better we should take care of them!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom