What's new

BJP : Only Hindi is India's Official Language

What hogwash, trying to distort history ? It was DMK in 1965 that fought for the retention of English ,if not for Tamil politicians and Anti Hindi agitation in Tamilnadu, India would have been a Hindi speaking mono lingual country

see para - 4.4 The Retention of English as an Official Language

English in India’s National Development: Hindi-Dravidian Politics and the Retention of a Colonial Language | Derrick M Nault - Academia.edu

Those agitations were related to State Reorganisation Act.

During the term of this Assembly on the 18th July 1967, the House by a resolution unanimously adopted and recommended that steps be taken by the State Government to secure necessary amendment to the Constitution of India to change the name of Madras State as "Tamil Nadu". Accordingly, the Madras State (Alteration of Name) Act, 1968 (Central Act 53 of 1968) was passed by the Parliament and came into force on the 14th January 1969. Consequently, the nomenclature "Madras Legislative Assembly" was changed into "Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly".

CMa-_ABUwAALxaH.jpg:large

As of October 2014, out of 50 states, 31 had established English as the official language, and Hawaii had established both English and Hawaiian as official.

U.S. Was founded by English colonist. So what is your point. Of course we are proud that we use English as our language. As for each states, it's irrelevant as the native language of the majority for each state, including Hawaii, is English.we are bound together by English language. It look like this is the case for India as we.. As India would not exist without the British.

This clearly shows that it's the English that United India and we can infer that without Britain, India would be a geographical expression with mostly Muslim ruling states. This rulers would dominate local Brahmins, which in turn lord over the local castes and Dalits are under everyone.

U.S. Was founded by English colonist. So what is your point. Of course we are proud that we use English as our language. As for each states, it's irrelevant as the native language of the majority for each state, including Hawaii, is English.we are bound together by English language. It look like this is the case for India as we.. As India would not exist without the British.

Luca its more about the official language which is being used in the Legislative assemblies and Government offices and courts.

We live in the era of electronic translators

is this real, sounds like a false news to me. I mean sure Modi is a moron, but not this stupid for sure.

Yes, when there is a nation then a national language is required. English is after all a foreign language, it can't be a perfect substitute to the Indians.

Go away maggot
Fly-Swatter.jpg

Why not bharti is bharat's official language?
Hindi has words from Persian, Arabic, Turkish. which represent Islamic supremacy to some bhartis.

We should avoid disrespecting words for the Prime Minister of our country.

I'm sorry. I somehow missed this when people were disrespecting MMS....it just happens to be the same thing.

Official languages question has been settled and jokers like @manlion aren't gonna change that
India[edit]
Main articles: Languages with official status in India, Languages of India and Sanskrit
The official languages of the Union Government of the Republic of India are Hindi in the Devanagari script and English as mentioned in the article 343/1 of constitution of india. Currently there are 22 other official languages in India Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Odia, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu. The English is one of the official languages of Union of India.[11] However, a plurality of speakers in India speak Hindi or English. Till 1965, Articles 343 and 345 of the Constitution of India specified that the official language of India to be Hindi in Devanagari script, though states of India were free to adopt one or more local languages for all or any of the official purposes of that state.[12] Pursuant to agitations particularly in South India in the 60s, today all 22 languages carry official status and Government documents can be in any of the 22 recognized official languages. This has been clarified by court rulings as well, most recently in 2010 Gujarat High Court affirming equal role to all 22 languages.[13][14] India has a Common law legal system – therefore, unless overturned by the legislature or a higher court explicitly, the ruling in 2010 takes precedence and all 22 official languages are meant to be taken on equal footing. Currency notes in India typically carry the denomination in all languages as well.

That's why English is the neutral language for diverse regions such as ours. You give interferences any language other ethnicities start complaining of discrimination.

While living with the Indians over years in the Gulf States, I observed that English is the popular language of Bharat. I observed thousands of South Indians to be unable to even understand Hindi.
Yes u r right sir, only south indians and north east indians can not understand hHindi.
We(non hindi speakers,) can accept Sanskrit but not hindi.
Hope u can understand

Those agitations were related to State Reorganisation Act.

During the term of this Assembly on the 18th July 1967, the House by a resolution unanimously adopted and recommended that steps be taken by the State Government to secure necessary amendment to the Constitution of India to change the name of Madras State as "Tamil Nadu". Accordingly, the Madras State (Alteration of Name) Act, 1968 (Central Act 53 of 1968) was passed by the Parliament and came into force on the 14th January 1969. Consequently, the nomenclature "Madras Legislative Assembly" was changed into "Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly".

Did you read the link ?

hindi_new_1964249f.jpg

Both Gandhi and Nehru wanted to impose Hindi as the only official language in India - replacing English. This resulted in an Anti Hindi agitation in Tamilnadu with threat to break away from India. Gandhi wanted to have a common language for India as a nation. The New Indian constitution in 1950 made Hindi the only official language. English to be phased out by 1965. This led to civil unrest in Tamilnadu in 1964 and 1965, with the death of 100s of Tamil martyrs
Anti-Hindi agitations of Tamil Nadu

Last edited:
Just pointing out that without English, India would not exist as a nation. Period.

India would exist as one nation even if there was no English .Ashoka and his Mauryan Dynasty proved when Brits were in caves.
You are not an Indian .So language and our internal matter is none of F concern.

English is the accepted language of India.

My Tamil co worker told me that if India force Hindi on Tamils. Tamils will seek independence. Is that true.
Yes Tamil is going to seek independence.I am currently sitting in Chennai building the grand design to free the dravidians from the cluthces of white Aryans.

True, however much indians on pdf deny but in actuality ppl of south india really really hate hindi and many dont even teach their kids that language.
Such True words have never been spoken before by a Pakistani who has never visited South India in his whole life.

:lol:.. Too predictable mate.. You're way too predictable

Of Course and I am straight forward .
I am a South Indian , a Malayali ,I dont have any issue with Hindi (Honestly, I dont know Hindi).But I dont have any problem with that language .And we Indians , give two hoot to such drama.Hindi is the major language of India.

True, however much indians on pdf deny but in actuality ppl of south india really really hate hindi and many dont even teach their kids that language.

But who cares whatever the hell india does.

Oh Really ??
Have some shame before posting such stupidity on the behalf of us ,South Indians.
I am South Indian and who told you that I hate Hindi.

Back
Top Bottom