What's new

BIMARU Corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL what is conversion but adoption of a different "philosophy" than the one you were indoctrinated with? They are the same thing

No. A conversion ceremony in Abrahamic religions requires a priest, rabbi or cleric to chant verses of their book, have a witness and use a 'baptization' ceremony.

There is no such thing sanctioned in any of the Dharmic faiths.

For example, what we do traditionally is a social ritual not necessary from Dharmic perspective.

If a European in Europe today decides to follow Buddhist path and starts visiting Buddhist temples, he automatically becomes one.

No ceremony, no affidavit, no name change, no language change, no witnesses, no loyalty, no apostasy threats, nothing.

LOL what is conversion but adoption of a different "philosophy" than the one you were indoctrinated with? They are the same thing.

Nope

You can be a Hindu and still follow Buddhist principles without anyone giving a fatwa against you. That's the difference.

But why were you studying these :cheesy:
The forum that I was on had been attacked by Red-X and ostensibly other south Asian sites too were also under attack around that time.
Roybot said:
Do you run your own forum? Couldit be the IlegalPoleVaultersinIndia.com :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Spot on!!
Thats my site but I dont want trolls like you joining my forum :P

Hmmm.... I must study it's philosophy.

Before I make ore idiotic statements. :(

You are most welcome brother.

But if you are a practising Hindu, you are complete already. You don't need to learn from here.

And by practising I don't mean the ritualistic ignorant types. But the ones who have dwelled into Hindu philosophy, texts and scriptures with their true meaning.

Technically, you can be a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Sikh, a Jain all at the same time, visit any of each other's places of spirituality, explore any of these four paths and you will still not be charged with heresy, apostasy or anything else.

I regularly visit mahakala temple (Shiva in Hinduism) and Gurudwara with my wife while we both also visit our local Buddhist monasteries here.

And none of it conflicts with one another; in fact, it beautifully complements each other. :)

No. A conversion ceremony in Abrahamic religions requires a priest, rabbi or cleric to chant verses of their book, have a witness and use a 'baptization' ceremony.

There is no such thing sanctioned in any of the Dharmic faiths.

For example, what we do traditionally is a social ritual not necessary from Dharmic perspective.

If a European in Europe today decides to follow Buddhist path and starts visiting Buddhist temples, he automatically becomes one.

No ceremony, no affidavit, no name change, no language change, no witnesses, no loyalty, no apostasy threats, nothing.

Yes, there are those differences. Apart from conversion though, Hinduism too is full of rituals that mostly don't make any sense.

But if you are a practising Hindu, you are complete already. You don't need to learn from here.

And by practising I don't mean the ritualistic ignorant types. But the ones who have dwelled into Hindu philosophy, texts and scriptures with their true meaning.

Technically, you can be a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Sikh, a Jain all at the same time, visit any of each other's places of spirituality, explore any of these four paths and you will still not be charged with heresy, apostasy or anything else.

I regularly visit mahakala temple (Shiva in Hinduism) and Gurudwara with my wife while we both also visit our local Buddhist monasteries here.

And none of it conflicts with one another; in fact, it beautifully complements each other. :)
excellent remark.....agree with all.....

Yes, there are those differences. Apart from conversion though, Hinduism too is full of rituals that mostly don't make any sense.

Please do not comment without knowing the sciences behind them.

Whether your or ours; there is an ancient science behind all of it that has either not been taught to you or it is lost in the pages of history, remembered by only a few learned.

Seek them out and learn them.

But your mind has to be aware of what is socially created nonsense and what has always been a part of your culture.

For that, knowledge and awareness of Hindu Dharma is important.

But you don't visit a Masjid.

You communal Phellow! where is secolarism :sarcastic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom