What's new

Biman will become the South Asian Emirates : Negotiation for four more 787-9s starts

Dude..

That is irrelevant as Biman finally turned round and made a profit.

All you need to know is that Biman is getting a newish fleet centred around 10 787s and will be the national flag carrier of the fastest developing large economy in the world - we just need to do the math where Biman is headed.

Don't call me dude. If dont know answer, then say nothing.

We are looking at low-level stuff and being pessimistic on the back on that.
These are minor law and order issues that can be sorted quite easily with the ubiquitous use of CCTV systems.

Biman has just turned a profit and is now using a great opportunity to buy 2 already and now 4 more Boeing 787s at what may be half the list price. As one of the major determinants of the ticket cost are the capital acquisition cost of the aircraft, this will greatly help Biman to keep it's ticket prices competitive and hence attract passengers.

The national airline itself just needs to attract a majority share of the growing BD airline passenger market and it could grow pretty fast on the back of that. The introduction of so many new Boeing 787s should help make it's product as compelling as anyone else's.
Have you looked up Imran’s post here? Over half the fleet is on mortgage from the bank and BIMAN’s total assets amount to about 250 million or something. What do you have to say about that.

Have you looked up Imran’s post here? Over half the fleet is on mortgage from the bank and BIMAN’s total assets amount to about 250 million or something. What do you have to say about that.

Never see his posts as he is on my ignore list.
Just checked and mainly bull as far as I can see.

Most airlines cannot buy their planes upfront and take loans and Biman is no different. They are making enough revenue to pay back the loans and so there is no issue.

Total assets mean little as they are getting 6 787s for half the list price and are the flag carrier of a fast growing domestic market. They were rubbish before and that is the reason their assets are so low but it will jump rapidly over the course of this decade.

They really need to be bad to not be successful now.

Did anyone care to notice that the article was written by a Pakistani aviation enthusiast? It is not us Bangladeshis claiming Biman will become Emirates.
I personally have always avoided travelling in Biman in the past. But I hear they have improved their service. It will be a long time before Biman can become an established brand. But given the recent developments, it is heading towards the right direction Alhamdulillah.

So calm down and stop getting triggered by the article title.

Biman might become a giant in South Asia.

The South Asian Airline industry is witnessing a rising star from Bangladesh. Biman Bangladesh is getting all the attention in South Asia after it acquired the Boeing 787 Dreamliner with two options. The airline is not only witnessing a positive image building across the region but the increase in productivity is also noticed.

Biman Bangladesh Airlines earned a profit of Tk 272 crore in the last fiscal year after incurring a loss in 2017-18 Financial year. State Minister for Civil Aviation and Tourism M Mahbub Ali announced in July 2019. The airline’s revenue for the fiscal year was 5,791 crore Tk and 5,519 crores TK was cut in expenditures. After the induction of Boeing 787-9s, the airline is increasing the frequency of its high yield routes.

Rapid Expansion
Another news popped up last week that Biman Bangladesh is eyeing for six more aircraft. The new ambition is part of a plan to expand the fleet eventually to become the best airline in Asia. The order is consisting of turboprop Dash 8 Q400 manufactured by Canadian Bombardier. The negotiations will be started between both parties soon. A total of two Dash 8s are expected.

Moreover, Biman is aiming for another four Boeing 787-9. The deferred order from Indian Vistara could be taken by Biman as they are in negotiations with Boeing already to settle a deal. The decision is still pending and Biman is expecting to crack a deal with a lucrative price. Biman has seen a rapid fleet expansion and significant improvement in performance in terms of carrying larger numbers of passengers and earning profits.

Future prospects?
With the current pace on expansion plans, Biman could become the Emirates of the region. The product offered on the Boeing 787 fleet is state of the art. If Biman would sustain such product and service on the majority of its network, with expanding wings to new destinations as well, The chances of Biman becoming the best carrier in South Asia are extremely immense.

https://www.aviationgeeks1.com/commercial-aviation/biman-will-become-the-south-asian-emirates/

https://www.defseca.com/civil-aviat...UqZyIM7JQjXbvDIcbTFPXvL8HOqKyjtP6z8slEzJ02pls

Lately I have noticed Bangladeshis smoking too much dope... their every claim is so far fetched it makes me scratch my eyes to make sure I am awake..... better than emirates to best in Asia .... what a bull shit . 18 planes piss poor service few new planes compared to Emirates almost 300 planes......

I mean this Hasina makes Modi look like her like a kid and her followers look like pure bakhts...

Never see his posts as he is on my ignore list.
Just checked and mainly bull as far as I can see.

Most airlines cannot buy their planes upfront and take loans and Biman is no different. They are making enough revenue to pay back the loans and so there is no issue.

Total assets mean little as they are getting 6 787s for half the list price and are the flag carrier of a fast growing domestic market. They were rubbish before and that is the reason their assets are so low but it will jump rapidly over the course of this decade.

They really need to be bad to not be successful now.
Hmm. Ok

but I’m really pissed about the khet public though, already broke the toilet door and a couple of monitors. They should be fully charged the expense of repairs. I’m surprised there is no news of their arrest

Hmm. Ok

but I’m really pissed about the khet public though, already broke the toilet door and a couple of monitors. They should be fully charged the expense of repairs. I’m surprised there is no news of their arrest

Yep they should be arrested and made to pay for the damage.

Truth be told this sort of thing even happens in the UK with unruly passengers that cause damage to planes.

Although the title is a bit far-fetched, the fact of the matter is that the conditions are now right for Biman to realistically aim to be the best airline in S Asia by 2030:

1. BD economy is really strong and predicted to stay this way till 2030 at least. Airline passenger numbers will grow 8-10% a year till then.
2. Boeing is in trouble and this is allowing a cash-strapped BD to buy 6 787s at huge discount prices. 10 787s is a good core to base a fleet around.
3. The management of the company has improved a lot over the last decade. Youtube reviews confirm that the service is now much better than it was before.

I think there is too much negativity that BD cannot improve just because it has struggled in the last. Fun fact is that FDI into BD was 4.5 billion US dollars in 2018-2019 and that is around 80% of what was achieved in the whole decade of the 2000s. If outsiders have confidence in BD that they are putting billions of US dollars into BD each year then there is no reason why BD'shis should not as well.

These rumoured acquisitions must be timed with the 3rd Terminal. I was in Dhaka two years ago. The Airport looked crappy.

Did anyone care to notice that the article was written by a Pakistani aviation enthusiast? It is not us Bangladeshis claiming Biman will become Emirates.
I personally have always avoided travelling in Biman in the past. But I hear they have improved their service. It will be a long time before Biman can become an established brand. But given the recent developments, it is heading towards the right direction Alhamdulillah.

So calm down and stop getting triggered by the article title.

LOL.

I noticed that awhile back.

But was too lazy to mention it.

Also look at the post right under yours.

Fools gonna fool.

Biman now has 18 aircraft. Three more purchased aircraft will join by March-June this year. Existing aircrafts are-
6 Boeing 737-800
4 Boeing 777-300ER
6 Boeing 787-8/9
2 Bombardier Dash-8

12 are purchased and 6 are dry leased(4 B737 and 2 Dash-8).

It is pretty obvious - but given new outright acquisitions, the expensive dry-leased assets can then be returned to the lessor unless there are lease-term restrictions.

At some point new purchased A220-300 (or even better, the new A220-500 under development) can be substituted for B737-800s (B738s) on regional routes.

At some point B787-10 can be purchased for replacing B777-300ER on intercontinental routes. The cockpit commonality between different 787 versions will help/ease pilot transition and certification.

In both cases passenger capacity and other specs are similar but fuel savings (and seat mile costs) are easily 25 to 30% lower with newer more efficient wing designs as well as lighter laminated GFRP/CFRP structures in non-stress areas.

https://www.aviatorjoe.net/go/compare/A220-300/737-800/

https://www.aviatorjoe.net/go/compare/787-10/777-300ER/

They are making enough revenue to pay back the loans and so there is no issue.

This I agree with. Labour-tana market will never ever go away, whether Dubai or Malaysia. Japan, Korea and China are to be added to this list soon.

4 leased B737 has seating capacity 162x4=648
2 leased Dash-8 seating capacity 74x2=148
Total =796

Purchased
4 B777 seating capacity 419x4=1676
4 B787-8 seating capacity 271x4=1084
2 B787-9 seating capacity 298x2=596
2 B737 seating capacity 162x2=324
-------------------------------------------
Total = 3680
So out of total 4476 seating capacity 796 involve leasing. How it is 40% ? Or how 6 leased plane(all narrow body) out of 18( 10 widebody) make ''half of the fleet''? In which school you learned maths?

Bhai you are wasting your precious time with these trolls (maybe even false flaggers). They are doing this out of jealousy and have nothing of value to contribute in this forum (only axes to grind) so I suggest you put these people on your ignore list which will make their posts invisible to you and make your life much more peaceful. Just a humble suggestion. Our time is much more important than to exchange even insults with these miserably unbalanced people.

Emirates with a fleet of 18 and serving 24 destinations. Yeah right! I mean, my city has this "airlines" with 3 seaplanes. I guess they can be atleast get a claim for being Etihad of Vancouver Island. :rofl:

Next I will buy a hot-air balloon and a glider and will become Qatar Airways of Capilano. Geez!

Bhakt idiot (underclass namashudra false flagger) spotted - and ignored.

Has Hasina decided on the uniforms yet?

Why don't you suggest something?

You did not get it sir .beman operated in past 40 or whatever aircraft but matter is afyer 50 years they own 10 aircraft and then 4 of them being paid to leasing bank 787 dreamliners are not yet owned by biman but banks until payment clear 5 years .biman have total 16 aircrafts and 6 of them leased please check again .airport will matter today not will be shell be eyc . In real world bd have very veery poor airport wrose then bis stands . Come back when you have the new airports

You didn't say it first time specifically. If i exclude all leased and new aircraft (old and currently operational) i still count 15 old aircraft totally owned and operated by Biman in it's 47 years of service. Check the fleet history in wiki. And it's not new airport, it's the new terminal and runway of the same HSIA airport.

Where did you find this info about leased aircraft and mortgage/ownership from bank part? Kindly provide the link.

6 Boeing 737-800 Leased From Gecas
6 Boeing 787-8/9 one Leased From Gecas +2 owned by Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) 3 on mortage from sonali bank

If you have any better reliable source than Wiki then feel free to provide as you are talking about leased aircraft and mortgage/ownership from bank which i can't find anywhere. Otherwise follow the references wiki provides.

Two Boeing 737-800 were leased from GECAS and two from ALFACO Aviation. All of the 787-8 and 787-9 were purchased with Biman's own fund. Chinese airlines paid half of price before cancelling the order so we got the 787-9 with 55% discount.

Check link for fleet information below. Except the six leased aircraft all the other 12 planes have own name which means they are completely owned by Biman.

"Biman has decided to add two Boeing 737-800s from GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) to its fleet for 60 months on dry lease"

https://www.thedailystar.net/city/biman-induct-two-aircraft-replace-ageing-ones-1306504
https://bdnews24.com/aviation/2019/06/29/biman-adds-another-boeing-737-800-jet-to-its-fleet
https://www.thedailystar.net/news-detail-43058
https://www.biman-airlines.com/about/fleet

Are we seriously taking about "Biman" to be a "major airlines" anywhere but the backyard of Bangladesh?

@Nilgiri Are these guys this ... curious? Now I understand why you find Bangladesh folks so... funny (in the most pathetic way possible).
Lately I have noticed Bangladeshis smoking too much dope... their every claim is so far fetched it makes me scratch my eyes to make sure I am awake..... better than emirates to best in Asia .... what a bull shit . 18 planes piss poor service few new planes compared to Emirates almost 300 planes......

I mean this Hasina makes Modi look like her like a kid and her followers look like pure bakhts...

Read properly. The article is written by a Pakistani. No need to start a troll fest.

Last edited:
its kids play game . i was not imagine some Bangladeshis will go this much low that biman will be emirates

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom