What's new

Biman will become the South Asian Emirates : Negotiation for four more 787-9s starts

GOOD TO KNOW THEN NOW WE CAN STEAL MORE FROM THE AIRCRAFT AND BREAK MORE EXPENSIVE ITEMS
buying plane like crazy left and right is not cool and the article is funny we cannot become like emirates

You did not get it sir .beman operated in past 40 or whatever aircraft but matter is afyer 50 years they own 10 aircraft and then 4 of them being paid to leasing bank 787 dreamliners are not yet owned by biman but banks until payment clear 5 years .biman have total 16 aircrafts and 6 of them leased please check again .airport will matter today not will be shell be eyc . In real world bd have very veery poor airport wrose then bis stands . Come back when you have the new airports
Biman now has 18 aircraft. Three more purchased aircraft will join by March-June this year. Existing aircrafts are-
6 Boeing 737-800
4 Boeing 777-300ER
6 Boeing 787-8/9
2 Bombardier Dash-8

12 are purchased and 6 are dry leased(4 B737 and 2 Dash-8).

Biman now has aggressive route expansion plan. Just a few days ago they reopened Manchester-Sylhet-Dhaka route. I have heard them to start New York, Sydney, Guangzhou, Chennai, Male, Colombo and some other routes in near future. Biman has past behind it's lowest ebb, now it is time to climb the ladder. Our passenger growth is around 8-10 percent every year. I am optimistic about utilization of these new aircraft.

Yep these new aircraft are required both for expected passenger expansion and also should help take back passengers that use other airlines as they prefer to fly in more modern planes.

A fleet of 10 787s should be an excellent showcase of the new Biman.

GOOD TO KNOW THEN NOW WE CAN STEAL MORE FROM THE AIRCRAFT AND BREAK MORE EXPENSIVE ITEMS
buying plane like crazy left and right is not cool and the article is funny we cannot become like emirates

Dude......

1. BD has the FASTEST growing large economy in the world - 350 billion US dollars and growing at 7-8% a year.

2. Passenger traffic is growing at 8-10% a year and so unless Biman expands capacity then other countries will take the growing BD airline passengers.

3. People prefer to fly in newer aircraft and so Biman needs to attract them with planes like 787s.

4. Boeing is pretty desperate and will likely give a very good discount on these 4 planes - Biman will not have to spend anywhere near list price to buy these 4 planes, and hence keep ticket prices down and attract even more passengers.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-13_10-9-1.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-13_10-9-1.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 2,001
Biman now has 18 aircraft. Three more purchased aircraft will join by March-June this year. Existing aircrafts are-
6 Boeing 737-800
4 Boeing 777-300ER
6 Boeing 787-8/9
2 Bombardier Dash-8
Thanks for the input that shows the BIMAN fleet has 18 planes. Now, read what wiki says about Emirates:

"As of August 2018, Emirates operates a fleet of more than 250 aircraft. Emirates operates the largest fleet of both the Airbus A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft in the world, with one A319 as an executive jet".

"The backbone of the Emirates fleet, we currently have nearly 130 Boeing 777-300ERs, with many more on order".

We should solely mind our own business without comparing it with others. But, it has become a culture that in many instances we start tagging numbers without really going through a concrete plan to achieve the targets.

Just talking very big is shameful. Why should we hatch the eggs before they are laid?

6 Boeing 737-800
4 Boeing 777-300ER
6 Boeing 787-8/9
2 Bombardier Dash-8

you copy it from wikipedia ? collect again how they are 18 ? you can have 100 aircrafts too on lease but they are not yours . they can be taken back with in few days . for example kingfisher have 63 aircraft in oct 2012 and 3 aircrafts in december 2013 after one month . tell me why ? because they own only 3 aircraft . now look your desi emrates again

6 Boeing 737-800 Leased From Gecas

4 Boeing 777-300ER owned by biman
6 Boeing 787-8/9 one Leased From Gecas +2 owned by Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) 3 on mortage from sonali bank
2 Bombardier Dash-8 one leased from smart aviation

now please count again

LOL comparing Biman to Emirates is asinine.

But getting more -9 Dreamliners is a good thing!

I do not think that it is that far fetched to begin imagining what Biman could become like 10-15 year down the line.
Best airline in S Asia is definitely doable as the competition is not that great. Emirates comparison was a bit silly I agree.

Biman has had a complete turnaround over the last decade. Most of it's fleet is new and the food/service is pretty good from what I have seen on youtube.

BD has a predicted good economy for the next 10-15 years and Biman should be able to capture a majority of the growing BD passenger market. Also it's improved service and new modern planes will naturally attract back those BD'shis that deserted it for other better airlines.

A modern fleet with good service/food based around 10 787s will provide a very attractive product even for non-BD'shis.

I am wondering whether with the new Terminal 3 at Dhaka may even allow for BD to try to capture some of the traffic that currently lands at Singapore from Europe - Australia and vice versa as it is more natural stop-off point than Singapore. All depends on what shopping and entertainment facilities the terminal ends up with.

6 Boeing 787-8/9 one Leased From Gecas +2 owned by Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) 3 on mortage from sonali bank
Does it mean that BIMAN has only a total of 5 jet planes and it wants to compete against Emirates with 250 jets? It must be the joke of this Century?

Newspapers should write logically and our people should study the subject before becoming euphoric by talking about the best economy, etc.

UAE has deep pockets with petro dollar to subsidize their flag carrier which is a luxery no other top airliner can afford. It is a very low margin industry as well as a potential white elephant for any sane government to bear. It is interesting to see how BD is going to sustainably subsidize their national carrier.
Etihad did a $1.3 billion loss last FY2018 with a seat factor approx 75%.

now come to the point of leasing biman pay monthly 245000$ per month for 737-8s
biman pay 787-8 banks monthly a some until they did not clear the amount the dream liners will be owned by bank and not biman . so they are not yours until you pay them .
DASH8 biman pay something 140000$ per month
Dream-liners lease costs between 1m$ to 1.25m$

now if you are finance chief you will not sleep if your airline monthly did not pay these amounts to leasers and banks . otherwise daily somewhere in world airliners cease by companies and banks for non payment issues . and here you guys dreaming of emirates of 250 airliners all of them wide body not jokes like DASH8 AND 737.

if we look at south asia here you stand with leased bird and opss

indigo fleet 257 dest 86
air india fleet 136 dest 102
spice fleet 115 dest 49
go air fleet 57 dest 35
vistara fleet 38 dest 34
PIA fleet 32 dest 56
air asia fleet 28 dest 21
air india express fleet 25 dest 33
sri lankan fleet 26 dest 42
maldives fleet 23 dest 23
biman fleet 18 dest 24
nepal fleet 13 dest 36
US bangla fleet 10 dest 11
air blue fleet 10 dest 10

so please stop spreading BS and work when you have some decent fleet and dest# come back . your brand is one of the poorest brand to be offered to costumers . seat availability is very very poor per 1000 bangladeshi citizens .biman total assets as per biman airlines are 250mn$ in 2019 its less then even a brand new 777ER .

a person stay in his limits is very very good

Does it mean that BIMAN has only a total of 5 jet planes and it wants to compete against Emirates with 250 jets? It must be the joke of this Century?

Newspapers should write logically and our people should study the subject before becoming euphoric by talking about the best economy, etc.
no one go this deep in south Asia as long as poor people feed with BS they feel good and be happy . biman total worth is 250mn$ as per biman itself and a brand new 777f price tag is 375millions$ . so you can guess sir .

most important point need to be notice here
biman did not buy new aircrafts with own money but they buy from finance by banks and companies . biman keep paying that mortgages back for next 10 years . so when mortgage finish the jet transferred to biman ownership . but then jet price that day will be second to nothing for example new B777ER was purchased for 250mn$ + bank profits . after 10 years they are now biman property but today thier value is somewhere between 40 to 50mn$ in next 3 years they will be like 30 to 40. airlines make profits if they pay from our and got new birds and fly .

Last edited:
Etihad did a $1.3 billion loss last FY2018 with a seat factor approx 75%.

Dude.....

Etihad and Biman cannot be compared in any way.

Better look at another 3rd world airline like Ethiopian:

It made profits of 212 million US dollars on revenues of 2.8 billion US dollars in 2017.

BD has the advantage that it has a much larger home market whereas Ethiopian is taking advantage that other African airlines are incompetent.

@Old School

Dude.....

It made profits of 212 million US dollars on revenues of 2.8 billion US dollars in 2017.

BD has the advantage that it has a much larger home market whereas Ethiopian is taking advantage that other African airlines are incompetent.

@Old School

Which accounting principles do Biman follow while reporting profits ?

We did not claim we are emrates kid
Fun fact PIA helped build emirates in the early days when PIA was world class airlines.

With the ratchet Bangladeshi passengers who already broke the monitor and toilet gate... good luck

People prefer to fly in newer aircraft and so Biman needs to attract them with planes like 787s
All BIMAN attracts is Khet public that breaks toilet doors and monitors of dream liners, equipped with aunties for cabin crew.

you copy it from wikipedia ? collect again how they are 18 ? you can have 100 aircrafts too on lease but they are not yours . they can be taken back with in few days . for example kingfisher have 63 aircraft in oct 2012 and 3 aircrafts in december 2013 after one month . tell me why ? because they own only 3 aircraft . now look your desi emrates again

now please count again
Two Boeing 737-800 are part of Boeing deal Biman signed in 2008. So it is purchased. Other four are Dry leased for long term period.

For Boeing 787-8/9, all the aircraft are purchased by taking loan either from Bangladeshi govt. owned Bank or Chinese bank. Chinese loan will be paid in due time. So it is very much Biman's own property. Because both the Biman and the Bank(Sonali Bank) are govt. owned and govt. will repay to the HSBC. Your reasoning is cynical. Suppose you have brought a car by taking loan from a Bank which you will pay in due times. Now will you propagate to your friends that 'this is not my car, I am not the owner of it; or will you say that 'It is my car, although I have taken loan to purchase it, which I will repay by the next 5 year' Which you will say?

Dry lease is a long term lease( 5 to 10 years). All the six aircraft that Biman leased are dry leased. So kingfisher's example is not valid here. Do you know, All the Sri Lankan Airlines aircraft, 26 of them are Dry leased ? So, according to your logic, Srilankan Airlines can not say that 'we have 26 aircraft'? But this is not how things are normally done.

So it s a very correct way to say 'Biman has 18 aircraft' , 12 of them purchased and 6 are long term leased.

Two Boeing 737-800 are part of Boeing deal Biman signed in 2008. So it is purchased. Other four are Dry leased for long term period.

For Boeing 787-8/9, all the aircraft are purchased by taking loan either from Bangladeshi govt. owned Bank or Chinese bank. Chinese loan will be paid in due time. So it is very much Biman's own property. Because both the Biman and the Bank(Sonali Bank) are govt. owned and govt. will repay to the HSBC. Your reasoning is cynical. Suppose you have brought a car by taking loan from a Bank which you will pay in due times. Now will you propagate to your friends that 'this is not my car, I am not the owner of it; or will you say that 'It is my car, although I have taken loan to purchase it, which I will repay by the next 5 year' Which you will say?

Dry lease is a long term lease( 5 to 10 years). All the six aircraft that Biman leased are dry leased. So kingfisher's example is not valid here. Do you know, All the Sri Lankan Airlines aircraft, 26 of them are Dry leased ? So, according to your logic, Srilankan Airlines can not say that 'we have 26 aircraft'? But this is not how things are normally done.

So it s a very correct way to say 'Biman has 18 aircraft' , 12 of them purchased and 6 are long term leased.
lollz my friend you are kidding be happy with imagination world no one bother you i already explained it airliners are not yours unless they transferred to you as your own assets . its a real pain in head for paying all they earn went to those damn banks nothing left in airlines accounts . bigger you are easy you fall just learn from jet airways .they have fleet of 124 airliners and went bankrupt . why ? because 70 of them were on dry lease .you are talking like 5 years old kid they are 5 years leased to us so they are ours too . please come out from this behavior and think why it is not even a proper airline because its worth 250mn$ why ?

Fun fact PIA helped build emirates in the early days when PIA was world class airlines.

With the ratchet Bangladeshi passengers who already broke the monitor and toilet gate... good luck

All BIMAN attracts is Khet public that breaks toilet doors and monitors of dream liners, equipped with aunties for cabin crew.
once again PIA is not good brand ether they have too much mess and i did not say they will be world class airline in next 20 years . unless we have oil wells and we pay them 10bn$ yearly as aid . no one can defeat ME5 because oil money is being pumped in airlines heavy subsidies airlines with low price jet fuel and even gov hide real balance sheets there . they need names not profits . ettihad is best example

Dude.....

@Old School
ok lets talk here

ethopian fleet -117
biman fleet - 18

ethopian routes - 125
biman routes - 24

ethopian hub capacity - twin runways - 53 slots
biman hub capacity - single runway -18 slots

please bring some 50bn$ from somewhere so we could talk on it . you are number 11 in south asia today even with your all good will hopes .

1 -indigo fleet 257 dest 86
2-air india fleet 136 dest 102
3-spice fleet 115 dest 49
4 -go air fleet 57 dest 35
5-vistara fleet 38 dest 34
6-PIA fleet 32 dest 56
7-air asia fleet 28 dest 21
8-air india express fleet 25 dest 33
9-sri lankan fleet 26 dest 42
10 -maldives fleet 23 dest 23
11-biman fleet 18 dest 24
12-nepal fleet 13 dest 36
13-US bangla fleet 10 dest 11
14- air blue fleet 10 dest 10

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: what a stupidity man . with 10 aircraft's in last 50 years service :hitwall:

air blue will be ittehad in this case :rofl:

while dahaka airport have one runway 8 boarding bridges and 18 slots on apron. if at a time 15 wide body aircraft's arrived here airport will shut down

The article was by an aviation enthusiast who took the news of Biman being in negotiation to pick up 4 more planes and got carried away.

I certainly do not wish for Biman to go the way of Emirates which is losing money hand over fist.

Biman needs to leverage BD diaspora demand and grow reasonably. It should also be privatised as a matter of priority. GOB should not under any circumstances subsidise it. With a new set of planes it will be investable in a manner that it was not the last time privatisation was tried.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom