What's new

Biman will become the South Asian Emirates : Negotiation for four more 787-9s starts

With B787 being such an evolutionary airplane, I am surprised PIA hasn't ordered any. The largest B787 (B787-10) could easily replace the older short B777's in PIA fleet (or any other airline where they have B777-200LR, B777-200ER equipment) with far better fuel economy. SQ was the first to induct these larger B787's in Asia and they have supplanted shorter B777's in many thin routes.

1920px-9V-SCD_%2844401099361%29.jpg

Last edited:
With B787 being such an evolutionary airplane, I am surprised PIA hasn't ordered any. The 787-10 could easily replace the older short 777's in PIA (or any other airline) fleet with far better fuel economy. SQ was the first to induct them in Asia.

1920px-9V-SCD_%2844401099361%29.jpg
They will not replace 12 to 15 years old fleet . I think they will order more 777s rather then new set up.

The point that matters most will there be enough business to support the purchase of these Aircrafts ? The airport upgrade is also critical. If you look at Dubai Airport layout, it is designed in such a way that the connecting flight is scheduled to the gate which just happens to be on the other end of the known universe ! In between there are hundreds of stores the transit passengers have to pass by to get to their connecting flight.

There are a number of ways to generate revenue from the passengers other than tickets alone.

its kids play game . i was not imagine some Bangladeshis will go this much low that biman will be emirates
Look just because a shit journalist wrote an article doesn’t mean he’s talking for the entire population. Even members here are disagreeing so cut the crap

Yep they should be arrested and made to pay for the damage.

Truth be told this sort of thing even happens in the UK with unruly passengers that cause damage to planes.

Although the title is a bit far-fetched, the fact of the matter is that the conditions are now right for Biman to realistically aim to be the best airline in S Asia by 2030:

1. BD economy is really strong and predicted to stay this way till 2030 at least. Airline passenger numbers will grow 8-10% a year till then.
2. Boeing is in trouble and this is allowing a cash-strapped BD to buy 6 787s at huge discount prices. 10 787s is a good core to base a fleet around.
3. The management of the company has improved a lot over the last decade. Youtube reviews confirm that the service is now much better than it was before.

I think there is too much negativity that BD cannot improve just because it has struggled in the last. Fun fact is that FDI into BD was 4.5 billion US dollars in 2018-2019 and that is around 80% of what was achieved in the whole decade of the 2000s. If outsiders have confidence in BD that they are putting billions of US dollars into BD each year then there is no reason why BD'shis should not as well.
You can’t run an airlines on rice and chicken curry, not can you run an airlines with aunties for cabin crew. We need to follow the emirates model and start hiring Slavic girls, Bengali women can come when they lose a pound or two. (And I’m not going to take this back, airline business is a sexist business. There’s no place for extra baggage then why allow extra fats on boards?)

Guys, Emirates has invested significant resources in reporting to insist that they are NOT subsidised.
https://www.emirates.com/au/english/about-us/financial-transparency/subsidy-myth/

Would appreciate comments from people knowledgeable on the nitty-gritties of aviation subsidies on whether Emirates is being honest here.
if there was no public money there was no emrates at all
The Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD) is a state-owned holding company that can be characterized as a sovereign wealth fund owned by the government of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.and emirates is one of the company owned by ICD . so emirates is pumping state money direct from gov funds . at peak oil prices times everyone suffered but not ME5 why ? they always get fuel subsidies terminal subsidies interest free loans capital injections grants free lands and fee subsides .

Guys, Emirates has invested significant resources in reporting to insist that they are NOT subsidised.
https://www.emirates.com/au/english/about-us/financial-transparency/subsidy-myth/

Would appreciate comments from people knowledgeable on the nitty-gritties of aviation subsidies on whether Emirates is being honest here.

The US and European airlines complains that Emirates receives Govt subsidy which Emirates deny. There are no flights between Miami and any European city serviced by Emirates and Qatar Airlines. Emirates fly direct from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to Dubai and Qatar flies direct from Miami to Doha.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom