What's new

Biker's Lounge

Nakeds look great, but lack in wind and weather protection, important when considering 1,000 miles days in all types of terrain and weather. Around town, they are fine.
True, but nakeds are ideal for urban riding, you can do some touring in them but they are not designated tourers.

Something like a Yamaha XT250 at the low end, Suzuki DRZ400 in the middle and KTM 790 and Yamaha XT700 Tenere at the top end would all be good choices for that use IMO.
Those are all good choices, but I think he might be limited by what available in the local market.

pw-pima-037-jpg.557519

Suzuki Katana, in my opnion one of the best looking bikes ever made. Right behind this original Katana, Suzuki Katana for 2020 is also parked, its such a beautiful bike. Both of these bikes are a beauty to look at.

Those are all good choices, but I think he might be limited by what available in the local market.

Actually nothing still beats a CG125 for touring the north. Seriously.

True, but nakeds are ideal for urban riding, you can do some touring in them but they are not designated tourers.

Short rides in fair weather.

Its a single cylinder time tested widely available but I thin he is looking for something bigger.

We have to define what do you mean by Short ride, if it means ride around the city as it imlies. I am a daily rider and I ride about 100 to 150 km daily on my Nakeds, since I am in a tropical country it rains here very often but since the roads are very nice, its not a problem.

Some time over the weekends I do ride them for 200 to 300 km on nice hilly roads, in relative comfort. Nakeds are not made for touring, so anything above 500km or more, and I know there is a bit of off roading, I am definitely gonna get an adventure tourer.

Similarly Adventure tourers can be used as daily machines but they might not be as good as nakeds for that purpose.

The Suzuki GS150? Inazuma, but not for offroad? A Chinese clone?
I am not familiar with GS150, so cant comment on it. As for Chinese clone, the only one that comes to my mind is Benellis Tourer but again I dont know much about it.

No bro its the suzuki gs 150...we did 4700 km on our last tour

right now i have only one goal and i am obsessed with it and that is importing this magnificent iron beast :smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:
honda cb650r.PNG

right now i have only one goal and i am obsessed with it and that is importing this magnificent iron beast :smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:
View attachment 557771
Not a very good idea, not only because of the cost of taxes but complete lack of any qualified mechanic along with complete lack of spare parts availability. Unless you can wait for few months just to get a bent valve replacement (Just an example).

Not a very good idea, not only because of the cost of taxes but complete lack of any qualified mechanic along with complete lack of spare parts availability. Unless you can wait for few months just to get a bent valve replacement (Just an example).

i have done that before when I had the 300cc trail bike which I later sold because of hectic maintenance process due to lack of spare parts and mechanics. I am looking for a new bike now and i had Yamaha R6 in my mind because there are plenty of them in the market and parts are also available but then I saw this beauty. I am ready to bare the cost but not the difficulties

i have done that before when I had the 300cc trail bike which I later sold because of hectic maintenance process due to lack of spare parts and mechanics. I am looking for a new bike now and i had Yamaha R6 in my mind because there are plenty of them in the market and parts are also available but then I saw this beauty. I am ready to bare the cost but not the difficulties

Exactly, even if you can do some simple mechanical work (not considering dedicated ECU work, as that requires dedicated hardware), the unavailability of spare parts is a challenge on its own. As a biker I find nothing more frustrating not being able to ride my bike just because a spare part is not available in the local market.

R6 is an amazing machine, but as a former owner of one I can tell you, R6 is a thoroughbred track machine, unless we have some racing track in Pakistan (not that I am aware of) buying this machine for daily ride is not a good idea. Heck we dont even have roads with good twisty's at least in and around Karachi to be able to truly enjoy this machine. All you are left with is ride it in town, vroom here and there. The aggressive rider position is best suited for fast corners and top straight line performance.
But that is what my opinion is, I still think an adventure tourer would be better suited to Pakistan.

yes, it will kind of cost me double it's price and that is very demoralizing

Look at the bright side: you will do your part in helping the government deal with the economic crisis. :D

Back
Top Bottom