What's new

Biker's Lounge

Nothing can beat Harley Davidson.My true love :smitten:
19-softail-fat-boy-114-hdi-hero.jpg

8c63df55c49ba00b2377beee93dc9c30.png

6000000001.jpg
Do u have this bike ?

I dont know but I think whom ever designed BMW GS series really hated bikes, and gave them the ugliest looking lamps possible. Personally I find them a big turnoff. I have ridden them and GS1200 is one of the best adventure tourers but I can never come around liking this bike.

Kawasaki KLR, I am having a strong feeling that you are into some serious adventure touring, LOL.

Looks like Benelli's? I didnt knew that Benellis are available in Pakistan. They dont make the best engines or bikes for that matter but in Pakistan where the riders have no choice when it comes to anything above 125CC.

I was about to ask you that if you are riding a Honda CB500 by looking at your Display pic, but read its a Benelli.

Benelli is owned by Chinese, last time I test rode Benelli 600 TNT, I found it to be very heavy to maneuver, almost like heavier version of Kawasaki ER6f, and the instrument panel also looked very dated. For the very same price I could get Yamaha XJ6, which is more reliable compared to Benelli. That is almost 4 years ago, I hope they have improved now.

On the side note, how often do you maintain your chain, the rear sprocket looks pretty badly maintained to me. I hope you are taking good care of your chain with regular maintenance.
You guys are brave taking those set or radials on semi paved roads in few of the pictures, just be careful with them, they will slip like butter on sand.

KTM 1090 Adventure R, its a beautiful machine to ride. But after owning two KTM's and the amount of headaches I got from them I tend to stay away from any and all KTM's.

The new KTM 790, aka The Scalpel. A heck of a machine to look at and even better to ride. I owned a Duke 690, and really loved it but that huge single piston made the bike vibrate, not to mention the build quality was horrendous. Constant Shock leakage and engine oil burning made me get rid of it. I was actually planning to bring that one to Pakistan but was just too unreliable and was sure not gonna get any mechanics to fix them if they break down.

Enfileds had a very strong pedigree but I never liked these bikes, guess never developed a taste for such bikes.

Yamaha Mt-09 and Mt-10, with new color schemes for 2019. Although Mt-07 is missing in this lineup but I am a very big fan of MT series, Yamaha really made a spectacular bikes in form of MT series. In my opinion Mt-09 is the best among the whole lineup but personally I am purchasing MT-07 sometime this year, as it is the best suited for urban riding with enough low and mid range torque. With buying an MT, no matter which one you choose, you can not go wrong.

R1 too powerful, too aggressive and too scary to ride. I will choose R6 over R1 on any given day for a track day ride, R6 is just too damn good in corners.

I own a Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR 1300rr 2010. Anyone riding Hayabusa here?

Suzuki-Hayabusa-770x433.jpg

Busa, the legend. This is a restricted version right. This thing could have beaten anything and pretty much every other thing on the road. Sorry I dont own one. I did saw a lot modified ones in Duabi and Abu Dhabi last time I was there. Those clowns ruined these awesome machines. Typical Arab taste, never made sense to me. HAHA

Gixxers the most underrated bikes among all the Japanese ones.

Nothing can beat Harley Davidson.My true love :smitten:
19-softail-fat-boy-114-hdi-hero.jpg

8c63df55c49ba00b2377beee93dc9c30.png

6000000001.jpg
These are 3 different types of Harleys, Top one is a Glide, Middle one looks like CVO Glide and the last one is a soft tail, if my memory serves me correct.

No its not that simple, Harleys are generally not very good or reliable bikes. Of course I am not discounting the whole myth and their pedigree but they are not the best of daily riders they are just too unreliable. In my opinion nothing had the presence of a Harley on the road, but to me its nothing more than just a show piece. Like every one I wanted to own one, and then I had a chance to ride one for about 500 kms as a part of convoy, Sportster 1200, it turned me off for good from Harleys. Again that is my personal opinion.

On my wishlist:
2019 Cb650r. I love naked bikes :smitten:
View attachment 557272
Honda CB650 is a beautiful bike indeed, the whole cafe Racer look really works for it. I think they are using the same powerplant as Cb650, which is a very nice all rounder engine.
Nakeds are best suited for urban and long distance riding, unlike supersports aggressive riding position with these ones you can do long distance rides without feeling numbness in your shoulders and arms. Nakeds are way to go.

Oh youre gonna love this one, believe me its hell lot of prettier to look at in person. For those who might be wondering, this is Kawasaki z900RS, Kawasakis shout out to original Z1. Chances of me owning this bike are pretty low at the moment as I find the pricing of it very high, but things might change in the future.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :D

Yes that might be true, but there are some which are truly ugly beings, for example BMW GS :D:D

So what u people sugesting a bike for local tours

Yah man.
Nakeds are def the best. Top styles and top comfort too.
I dont know but I think whom ever designed BMW GS series really hated bikes, and gave them the ugliest looking lamps possible. Personally I find them a big turnoff. I have ridden them and GS1200 is one of the best adventure tourers but I can never come around liking this bike.

Kawasaki KLR, I am having a strong feeling that you are into some serious adventure touring, LOL.

Looks like Benelli's? I didnt knew that Benellis are available in Pakistan. They dont make the best engines or bikes for that matter but in Pakistan where the riders have no choice when it comes to anything above 125CC.

I was about to ask you that if you are riding a Honda CB500 by looking at your Display pic, but read its a Benelli.

Benelli is owned by Chinese, last time I test rode Benelli 600 TNT, I found it to be very heavy to maneuver, almost like heavier version of Kawasaki ER6f, and the instrument panel also looked very dated. For the very same price I could get Yamaha XJ6, which is more reliable compared to Benelli. That is almost 4 years ago, I hope they have improved now.

On the side note, how often do you maintain your chain, the rear sprocket looks pretty badly maintained to me. I hope you are taking good care of your chain with regular maintenance.
You guys are brave taking those set or radials on semi paved roads in few of the pictures, just be careful with them, they will slip like butter on sand.

KTM 1090 Adventure R, its a beautiful machine to ride. But after owning two KTM's and the amount of headaches I got from them I tend to stay away from any and all KTM's.

The new KTM 790, aka The Scalpel. A heck of a machine to look at and even better to ride. I owned a Duke 690, and really loved it but that huge single piston made the bike vibrate, not to mention the build quality was horrendous. Constant Shock leakage and engine oil burning made me get rid of it. I was actually planning to bring that one to Pakistan but was just too unreliable and was sure not gonna get any mechanics to fix them if they break down.

Enfileds had a very strong pedigree but I never liked these bikes, guess never developed a taste for such bikes.

Yamaha Mt-09 and Mt-10, with new color schemes for 2019. Although Mt-07 is missing in this lineup but I am a very big fan of MT series, Yamaha really made a spectacular bikes in form of MT series. In my opinion Mt-09 is the best among the whole lineup but personally I am purchasing MT-07 sometime this year, as it is the best suited for urban riding with enough low and mid range torque. With buying an MT, no matter which one you choose, you can not go wrong.

R1 too powerful, too aggressive and too scary to ride. I will choose R6 over R1 on any given day for a track day ride, R6 is just too damn good in corners.

Busa, the legend. This is a restricted version right. This thing could have beaten anything and pretty much every other thing on the road. Sorry I dont own one. I did saw a lot modified ones in Duabi and Abu Dhabi last time I was there. Those clowns ruined these awesome machines. Typical Arab taste, never made sense to me. HAHA

Gixxers the most underrated bikes among all the Japanese ones.

These are 3 different types of Harleys, Top one is a Glide, Middle one looks like CVO Glide and the last one is a soft tail, if my memory serves me correct.

No its not that simple, Harleys are generally not very good or reliable bikes. Of course I am not discounting the whole myth and their pedigree but they are not the best of daily riders they are just too unreliable. In my opinion nothing had the presence of a Harley on the road, but to me its nothing more than just a show piece. Like every one I wanted to own one, and then I had a chance to ride one for about 500 kms as a part of convoy, Sportster 1200, it turned me off for good from Harleys. Again that is my personal opinion.

Honda CB650 is a beautiful bike indeed, the whole cafe Racer look really works for it. I think they are using the same powerplant as Cb650, which is a very nice all rounder engine.
Nakeds are best suited for urban and long distance riding, unlike supersports aggressive riding position with these ones you can do long distance rides without feeling numbness in your shoulders and arms. Nakeds are way to go.

Oh youre gonna love this one, believe me its hell lot of prettier to look at in person. For those who might be wondering, this is Kawasaki z900RS, Kawasakis shout out to original Z1. Chances of me owning this bike are pretty low at the moment as I find the pricing of it very high, but things might change in the future.

Yes that might be true, but there are some which are truly ugly beings, for example BMW GS :D:D

local means within pakistan. ..i have known people in world travelling across diff xountries they use diff bikes few lighter, single strok engined ,Having their own pros n cons and few people use heavy bikes...

last year me n my group did 26 day bike tour we travelled areas of kashmir ,gilit baltistan n kpk... single stroke engined was our best choice bcz of mechainces,spares easily avaiable.. n the milage factor...so 150cc bike with dry weight 110kg plus ur fuel n camping stuff n ur body weight gives a total of 200 kg plus weight ...so its really good choice.. i think n we were very comdortable

local means within pakistan. ..i have known people in world travelling across diff xountries they use diff bikes few lighter, single strok engined ,Having their own pros n cons and few people use heavy bikes...

I think you can actually go for Suzuki V-storm 650 XT, I remember one my friends purchasing one recently in Karachi. I think since Benelli does have some foot print in the local market, you can also check their tourer, but I am not sure if it is below 600cc. In my opinion a tourer should be minimum of 900cc, but again you have to look at whats available in local market. If Kawaski Versys 1000 is available, it would be the best choice.

Yah man.
Nakeds are def the best. Top styles and top comfort too.

Nakeds look great, but lack in wind and weather protection, important when considering 1,000 miles days in all types of terrain and weather. Around town, they are fine.

last year me n my group did 26 day bike tour we travelled areas of kashmir ,gilit baltistan n kpk... single stroke engined was our best choice bcz of mechainces,spares easily avaiable.. n the milage factor...so 150cc bike with dry weight 110kg plus ur fuel n camping stuff n ur body weight gives a total of 200 kg plus weight ...so its really good choice.. i think n we were very comdortable

Something like a Yamaha XT250 at the low end, Suzuki DRZ400 in the middle and KTM 790 and Yamaha XT700 Tenere at the top end would all be good choices for that use IMO.

I still remember my trips to the Northern Areas on my bike fondly still, back in the day. Good times!

x
x
x

PW-PIMA-037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom