What's new

Biker's Lounge

It makes me so proud to see Indians and Pakistanis discussing their love of bikes without threatening to kill each other :'-)

BTW guys, anyone of you have any experience with a Honda CD200 Roadmaster? Thinking of treating myself to this:
honda-cd200-road-master-12.jpg

Bikes more than babes are the universal male bonding unifier bro.

That bike looks nice. Old school. Is it a parallel twin or 1 into 2 exhaust.

Looks like the big bro of the CD100 we had in India in the late 80s. The tank, the pipes, the front forks.

What are the spe
Rule 1: No passengers. When I'm riding, its me, the bike and the beautiful sound of the engine.

Agree 500%

Bikes more than babes are the universal male bonding unifier bro.

That bike looks nice. Old school. Is it a parallel twin or 1 into 2 exhaust.

Looks like the big bro of the CD100 we had in India in the late 80s. The tank, the pipes, the front forks.

What are the specs like?

Parallel Twin from the looks of it.
68225-f-s-honda-cd-200-road-master-karachi-27042010164.jpg

200cc Straight Parallel Twin Piston
4 Speed Transmission (Some models have been fitted with a 5 speed by enthusiasts)
Weight around 140kg
No word on torque
Top Speed around 120kmph but there are a number of videos of people hitting 140kmph quite easy.

The CBR is being assembled from knock-down kits in Pak. Are they making them right from scratch in India?
Complete manufacturing is in India. CBR650 is also made in India from 2015. Almost all the large selling brands have plants in India for manufacturing from Honda, Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki to Harley Davidson.
Just for information one can have this beast in INR 4,70,700 ex showroom mumbai.
harley-davidson-street-750-standard-525.jpg

Here's the link if you wanted to checkout their other models
Harley Davidson Price in India, Review, Mileage & Photos - Bikewale

The CBR is being assembled from knock-down kits in Pak. Are they making them right from scratch in India?

The KTM Duke 390 which retails for 7-8,000 dollars in the Western world, is 2.1 lacs here in India.

The KTM Duke 390 which retails for 7-8,000 dollars in the Western world, is 2.1 lacs here in India.

Same with Bullets that retail for 5-6,000 dollars in the West, are 1.8 odd lacs in India.

Complete manufacturing is in India. CBR650 is also made in India from 2015. Almost all the large selling brands have plants in India for manufacturing from Honda, Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki to Harley Davidson.
Just for information one can have this beast in INR 4,70,700 ex showroom mumbai.
harley-davidson-street-750-standard-525.jpg

Here's the link if you wanted to checkout their other models
Harley Davidson Price in India, Review, Mileage & Photos - Bikewale

I am so jealous right now. I have no idea why we can't have local production here in Pak. There's a large user base, plenty of labour and local resources too. But I guess the auto policy and the fact that they have production facility right next door in India means that companies don't have as much incentive to set up local production.

Same with Bullets that retail for 5-6,000 dollars in the West, are 1.8 odd lacs in India.

My heart aches with sorrow at this sad state of affairs.

You have definitely got me psyched about this new project. I guess I will now start pursuing it with greater vigor. I was also being offered a Kawasaki Eliminator 400 but they were selling for 5 lac rupees ($5000) which was too much IMO.

The Kawasaki will be much more problematic to restore. Go with the Honda, for sure.

The bike you posted is awesome but a bit expensive so my pocket doesn't allow that. Yes these bikes lacks a bit short-legged but are good enough to complete saddle sore

The ride is in the rider, not the motorcycle. :D

I am so jealous right now. I have no idea why we can't have local production here in Pak. There's a large user base, plenty of labour and local resources too. But I guess the auto policy and the fact that they have production facility right next door in India means that companies don't have as much incentive to set up local production.

Please, let us keep this thread free from such considerations as they inevitably degenerate into slingfests.

The ride is in the rider, not the motorcycle. :D
Very well said.

Exactly, same I think.

I hope trade relations between India and Pakistan will improve and we can share some amazing things in different fields with each other.

Please, let us keep this thread free from such considerations as they inevitably degenerate into slingfests.

Wilco

I hope trade relations between India and Pakistan will improve and we can share some amazing things in different fields with each other.

That would be grand. Need to get myself a bullet before I die.

As a Bullet veteran from a Bullet family I would love to help.

Isn't there any way to buy one here and send it to you there without jhol?

I actually tried looking into the matter. However, not only will it be difficult to secure clearance for a vehicle from India but the following duty would mount up close to about US$7500. Like I said, our auto policy is really terrible. Just look at these crazy duty structures!
Bike-Custom-Duty.jpg

I actually tried looking into the matter. However, not only will it be difficult to secure clearance for a vehicle from India but the following duty would mount up close to about US$7500. Like I said, our auto policy is really terrible. Just look at these crazy duty structures!
Bike-Custom-Duty.jpg

It's the same here man. Bloody protectionism.

Bike-Custom-Duty.jpg

Those who can pay, can play. :D

Simple.

What about getting a used Bullet (registered) into Pakistan? Say as a gift?

If an Invoice and Delivery Note is attached?

They will still ask for an appraisal of its sale value and then levy almost 130% of the value in various taxes. Plus getting clearance for packages from India is notoriously difficult, you have to go through a lot of custom hoops.

Back
Top Bottom