What's new

Biker's Lounge

I started riding at brand new CG-125 Honda when i was 12, never had an accident either. I still have the same bike of the late model but its a bit too much of one frame. I have been thinking to change over to a new bike but prices are prohibiting. The closest kin i'd like to ride is Suzuki Inazuma 250cc but its so darn expensive and parts would be even more expensive. I have had a 1000cc YBR when i was overseas but that is another story over there

If you've been riding a 1000cc then having to roll back to 125cc must give you no pleasure at all.

BTW, we're really, really off-topic. I need your permission to set up a sticky in the member's section "Biker's Club" or something of the sort and move this discussion there. What say?

'Cause @Icarus is a romantic at heart; hes our very own Mahival in search of his Sohini or Ranjha in search of his Heer ! :agree:

You mock my single-dom? :mad:

Ive been thinking about buying a Suzuki-150, whats your assessment about it? - How much does a CD-200 cost?
I bought Suzuki 150 last year and believe its right now the best bike you can buy in Pakistan,
beats the CG 125 when it comes to the speed, and its very comfortable.
ybr is also comfortable but has a smaller engine,
Also 150 gives mileage above 40, which is quite economical option for a guy like me who goes to his university in Islamabad from Pindi everyday.
best bang for the buck,
its actually cheaper than YBR.

Hahahaha :D

'Cause @Icarus is a romantic at heart; hes our very own Mahival in search of his Sohini or Ranjha in search of his Heer ! :agree:

You don't need permission to start a corner sir :D

If you've been riding a 1000cc then having to roll back to 125cc must give you no pleasure at all.

BTW, we're really, really off-topic. I need your permission to set up a sticky in the member's section "Biker's Club" or something of the sort and move this discussion there. What say?

You mock my single-dom? :mad:

So apparently there are a lot of riders here at PDF and we're scattered all over the place. So to avoid unnecessary clutter and instead of derailing a hundred different threads, I think it would do us good to have our own little corner on the forum.

The Duke is a hoot, particularly around town. But doing a Saddlesore on it might be tough, although I am sure it can be done. I have done 1225 miles in a day on the FJR, and I think a Bunburner, even BB Gold, can be done, if I were so inclined.

If you ever get the chance, ride the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia. That ride is immensely enjoyable:

View attachment 296833 View attachment 296834 View attachment 296835 View attachment 296836 View attachment 296837
I was planning for duke 390 just for fun, this bike is very well balanced with 43.5PS power, 35NM torque with just 154kgs of weight and on top of it, It is made in India so not much expensive and cost around 2 lacs INR ex showroom. I was planning for it only for fun in city as it is very less weight, highly maneuverable and agile in city traffic. For saddlesore I would most probably prefer Honda CBR250R(Cost 1.70Lacs INR ex showroom), as it's perfect for that kind of rides.
honda-cbr-250r-4_600x0w.jpg

or Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Cost 3.6lacs INR ex showroom)
kawasaki-ninja-300-12.jpg

And man that road is better looking than most of the girls. It would be a heavenly experience to ride on the road like that. Thanks for your suggestion. Hope I would get a chance sometime.

That sounds really reassuring. Will obviously require some restoration work on my part but that's the whole fun of it. Trying to balance out the stock look and feel of the bike with your own ideas about how to best make it distinctly yours.

There is strong support and resources available for restoring these classic Hondas. You will enjoy restoring and riding one of these classics.

Rule 1: No passengers. When I'm riding, its me, the bike and the beautiful sound of the engine.

.... and the open road. Oh what a feeling!

I was planning for duke 390 just for fun, this bike is very well balanced with 43.5PS power, 35NM torque with just 154kgs of weight and on top of it, It is made in India so not much expensive and cost around 2 lacs INR ex showroom. I was planning for it only for fun in city as it is very less weight, highly maneuverable and agile in city traffic. For saddlesore I would most probably prefer Honda CBR250R(Cost 1.70Lacs INR ex showroom), as it's perfect for that kind of rides.
honda-cbr-250r-4_600x0w.jpg

or Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Cost 3.6lacs INR ex showroom)
kawasaki-ninja-300-12.jpg

And man that road is better looking than most of the girls. It would be a heavenly experience to ride on the road like that. Thanks for your suggestion. Hope I would get a chance sometime.

These bikes are good, but a bit short-legged for really long hauls. A friend of mine just put this FJ-09 on the road yesterday, great bike:

20160305-17.jpg

The Cabot Trail is a relatively unknown gem, even better than the famed Highway 1, some would say.

There is strong support and resources available for restoring these classic Hondas. You will enjoy restoring and riding one of these classics.

You have definitely got me psyched about this new project. I guess I will now start pursuing it with greater vigor. I was also being offered a Kawasaki Eliminator 400 but they were selling for 5 lac rupees ($5000) which was too much IMO.

.... and the open road. Oh what a feeling!

Ah yes. Goes without saying!

I would most probably prefer Honda CBR250R(Cost 1.70Lacs INR ex showroom)

You're kidding! Fu** me!

Even the CBR150 is more expensive after conversion into PKR
CBR150 | Atlas Honda

You're kidding! Fu** me!

Even the CBR150 is more expensive after conversion into PKR
CBR150 | Atlas Honda
That's the magic of local manufacturing my friend. That price was ex showroom, on road price would add another 10% approx so you can have a CBR250R on road in like 1.80-1.90Lacs INR. CBR150R on road price is like 1.30Lacs INR almost same as Yamaha R15 v2. If I get time I would post some good bikes available here in India with prices.

These bikes are good, but a bit short-legged for really long hauls. A friend of mine just put this FJ-09 on the road yesterday, great bike:

View attachment 296895

The Cabot Trail is a relatively unknown gem, even better than the famed Highway 1, some would say.
The bike you posted is awesome but a bit expensive so my pocket doesn't allow that. Yes these bikes lacks a bit short-legged but are good enough to complete saddle sore

Here is a great travelogue of a lady(huge respect) who completed saddle sore on CBR250R and hats off to her. For bike lovers this log is a worth read

How I became the first girl to complete the Saddle Sore

That's the magic of local manufacturing my friend. That price was ex showroom, on road price would add another 10% approx so you can have a CBR250R on road in like 1.80-1.90Lacs INR. CBR150R on road price is like 1.30Lacs INR almost same as Yamaha R15 v2. If I get time I would post some good bikes available here in India with prices.

The CBR is being assembled from knock-down kits in Pak. Are they making them right from scratch in India?

I am not allowed on a bike, Mum is too scared of it. Am a mummi Daddy bacha :p:.
@Icarus ...

:o:

Is that why you still can't talk to a girl and shy away every time I introduce you to one ? :undecided:
:lol: Has to do nothing with this. Chicks dig moa :astagh:. Gone all Mullah on you, counter that:nana:.

Is that why you still can't talk to a girl and shy away every time I introduce you to one ? :undecided:
BTW, when was the last time you talked to a member of opposite sex? :undecided: PDF doesn't count.

It makes me so proud to see Indians and Pakistanis discussing their love of bikes without threatening to kill each other :'-)

BTW guys, anyone of you have any experience with a Honda CD200 Roadmaster? Thinking of treating myself to this:
honda-cd200-road-master-12.jpg

Bikes more than babes are the universal male bonding unifier bro.

That bike looks nice. Old school. Is it a parallel twin or 1 into 2 exhaust.

Looks like the big bro of the CD100 we had in India in the late 80s. The tank, the pipes, the front forks.

What are the specs like?

Back
Top Bottom