What's new

Biker's Lounge

Ive been thinking about buying a Suzuki-150, whats your assessment about it? - How much does a CD-200 cost?

It makes me so proud to see Indians and Pakistanis discussing their love of bikes without threatening to kill each other :'-)

BTW guys, anyone of you have any experience with a Honda CD200 Roadmaster? Thinking of treating myself to this:
honda-cd200-road-master-12.jpg

Ive been thinking about buying a Suzuki-150, whats your assessment about it? - How much does a CD-200 cost?

I've been riding the Suzuki GS150 for quite a while now. Its a great bike, the engine has been known to develop some teething problems during the breaking-in period but I never had them, probably because I followed the retailer's directions to the letter. Its easily the most suitable touring bike available for market in Pakistan right now. Parts are quite expensive but that comes with quality, they are priced very fairly IMO.
As for the CD200, its a vintage bike and you can get one based on its condition from anywhere between 50k to 250k. Won't recommend it unless you really have a thing for vintage because parts are hard to come by, have to be gathered from all over Pakistan and are generally very expensive. The bike has been out of production since the mid-80s.

New pulsar series is great. By the way I am considering to buy this beast
ktm_390_duke_2014-t3.jpg

That would be one heck of a ride. Lucky you to able to do it.

I am also planning for saddlesore 1000.

The Duke is a hoot, particularly around town. But doing a Saddlesore on it might be tough, although I am sure it can be done. I have done 1225 miles in a day on the FJR, and I think a Bunburner, even BB Gold, can be done, if I were so inclined.

If you ever get the chance, ride the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia. That ride is immensely enjoyable:

Cabot Trail - 01.jpg
Cabot Trail - 05.jpg
Cabot Trail - 11.jpg
Cabot Trail - 16.jpg
Cabot Trail - 18.jpg

There are not many options for Pakistani bike riders and in my case my sweetheart mother can veto my bike acquisition at anytime despite me being an experienced rider and not exactly being a teenager.

I've been riding the Suzuki GS150 for quite a while now. Its a great bike, the engine has been known to develop some teething problems during the breaking-in period but I never had them, probably because I followed the retailer's directions to the letter. Its easily the most suitable touring bike available for market in Pakistan right now. Parts are quite expensive but that comes with quality, they are priced very fairly IMO.
As for the CD200, its a vintage bike and you can get one based on its condition from anywhere between 50k to 250k. Won't recommend it unless you really have a thing for vintage because parts are hard to come by, have to be gathered from all over Pakistan and are generally very expensive. The bike has been out of production since the mid-80s.

It makes me so proud to see Indians and Pakistanis discussing their love of bikes without threatening to kill each other :'-)

BTW guys, anyone of you have any experience with a Honda CD200 Roadmaster? Thinking of treating myself to this:

Riding is a passion, that does not allow riders to hate each other. :D

The CD175/185/200 are all classics. Get one if you can grab a hold of it, you will enjoy it tremendously.

There are not many options for Pakistani bike riders and in my case my sweetheart mother can veto my bike acquisition at anytime despite me being an experienced rider and not exactly being a teenager.

I had to quell my parent's fears back when I got my first bike too. A 70cc! And that's true, choice for Pakistani bikers is dismal at best.

The CD175/185/200 are all classics. Get one if you can grab a hold of it, you will enjoy it tremendously.

That sounds really reassuring. Will obviously require some restoration work on my part but that's the whole fun of it. Trying to balance out the stock look and feel of the bike with your own ideas about how to best make it distinctly yours.

I had to quell my parent's fears back when I got my first bike too. A 70cc! And that's true, choice for Pakistani bikers is dismal at best.

I was never allowed to ride a bike ! :(

My mom was NOOOOOOOO ! :tsk:

Drive a car instead ! o_O

But I still managed to ride some of my buddy's bikes but why the heck don't they make a button out of the clutch ! :mad:

Was a beauty of its era,
I rarely see it on the roads,
heard its quite expensive and those who own this dont usually sell it.

Was a beauty of its era,
I rarely see it on the roads,
heard its quite expensive and those who own this dont usually sell it.

Yeah its really hard to come by but I've been looking hard...

Yeah its really hard to come by but I've been looking hard...

Take Bhabi for a long ride on the bike on this lovely Sunday evening and top it up with some stone baked pizzas that you made yourself ! :agree:

I started riding at brand new CG-125 Honda when i was 12, never had an accident either. I still have the same bike of the late model but its a bit too much of one frame. I have been thinking to change over to a new bike but prices are prohibiting. The closest kin i'd like to ride is Suzuki Inazuma 250cc but its so darn expensive and parts would be even more expensive. I have had a 1000cc YBR when i was overseas but that is another story over there :D

That sounds really reassuring. Will obviously require some restoration work on my part but that's the whole fun of it. Trying to balance out the stock look and feel of the bike with your own ideas about how to best make it distinctly yours.

Muahahahaha, why there always need to be a bhabhi involved in such rides ? :sarcastic:

Take Bhabi for a long ride on the bike on this lovely Sunday evening and top it up with some stone baked pizzas that you made yourself ! :agree:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom