What's new

Biker's Lounge

What is the engine size?

This one I purchased on this 12 February.

12715694_494772767396769_4183805918348691279_n.jpg

12717322_494751014065611_263641965460085972_n.jpg

12669696_494773117396734_6107455611579437734_n.jpg

What is the engine size?

200 cc.

Same platform as the Pulsar 200 NS.

Bottom end is a straight lift off of the KTM.

On top they have the twin spark do-da. Nice lights. Good presence. Pretty big bike. Nice for tall-ish guys.

A lot better than the hideous RS 200 .....

Only 150 CC but have 17.5 PS power compared to 11 PS power range of other bikes.

Sorry I missed that it was the AS 150.

How much on road?

Looking for a nice 150 for a younger relative of mine. This and the Gixxer are in the running. Wish the Impulse was still there. He's tall at 6' 2" .....

P.S. Other 150s (Gixxer, FZ, Hornet) are all in the 14.5 to 15 bhp ballpark, not 11. Of course the Pulsar still takes the honors. Along with the R15 and the CBR150 of course.

How much on road?

Looking for a nice 150 for a younger relative of mine. This and the Gixxer are in the running. Wish the Impulse was still there. He's tall at 6' 2" .....
1 lac if all direct , indirect expenses included.
Gixxer is minnow compared to this beast.

How much on road?

P.S. Other 150s (Gixxer, FZ, Hornet) are all in the 14.5 to 15 bhp ballpark, not 11. Of course the Pulsar still takes the honors. Along with the R15 and the CBR150 of course.

For other 150CC I mean ordinary Pulsar & others

By Size Gixxer wins hands down (Gixxer also have gear position indicator) but in the Rest Pulsar is ahead

I meant that the Gixxer was a physically smaller bike. And it has real issues with low ground clearance.

But .....

What about handling?

What about engine and gear box refinement?

What about performance? In spite of the numbers ...

I meant that the Gixxer was a physically smaller bike. And it has real issues with low ground clearance.

But .....
I have not got hand on Gixxer yet, so I can comment only on pulsar

What about handling?
I found Pulsar AS is more easy to handle than Hera Splendor

What about engine and gear box refinement?
Well Bajaj have some problem in giving smooth transmission but they worked very hard in this version, not up to mark as R15 but I am very satisfied from my riding experience of previous Pulsar versions

What about performance? In spite of the numbers ...
Well, Bajaj claim of performance not wrong. Its true as claimed.

Well for side note, I am going to p[purchase AS200 but due to non availability of Kick Start my Dad object that as he is still not comfortable with a bike which don't have Kick start. :lol:
So, I have forced to buy 150 version.

I have not got hand on Gixxer yet, so I can comment only on pulsar

I found Pulsar AS is more easy to handle than Hera Splendor

Well Bajaj have some problem in giving smooth transmission but they worked very hard in this version, not up to mark as R15 but I am very satisfied from my riding experience of previous Pulsar versions

Well, Bajaj claim of performance not wrong. Its true as claimed.

Enjoy your bike bro. She's a beauty. Though I cannot help feeling shocked at how the prices have rocketed that 150 cc bikes are now touching the 1 lac mark.

Enjoy your bike bro. She's a beauty. Though I cannot help feeling shocked at how the prices have rocketed that 150 cc bikes are now touching the 1 lac mark.
Well I am going to buy 200 but due to non availability of kick start I chose this one, but now I am satisfied despite paying 1 lac for 150cc bike as it worth it.

I don't like sports bikes.. I'm more of a cruiser lover...
On my own salary... I can't afford to buy one ..:lol: don't have 25+ lakh in change...
My parents won't lend me (thanks to my mother -- who calls bikes "shaitani charkha) and me being a "rash" driver (speed seeker)...

So I settled for my other passion.. 4X4s..

CJ-5 & Toyota Vigo... Use em for daily drive too.

Back
Top Bottom