What's new

Biker's Lounge

The FJ Cruiser is still in production, but not sold in the US market anymore. It is still a big seller in the Middle East.
I still don't see why they discontinued it in US, It thought did pretty well. the 4l v6's are sweet.

I still don't see why they discontinued it in US, It thought did pretty well. the 4l v6's are sweet.

The only problem with the FJ is the poor rear sightlines, otherwise it is a gem for sure. It was not selling in numbers large enough to justify its continued presence in the US market., I guess.

I REALLY don't get all the hype for the Royal Enfeild Bullet, I see people going crazy for it online from all over the world and know it has something like a 2 year waiting list? Why? It looks so outdated, boring and clunky, the only RE product I would consider riding/owning would be the Himalyan:

himalayan11.jpg

royal-enfield-himalayan-827_827x510_71454404898.jpg

Royal-Enfield-Himalayan-Adventure-Motorcycle-8.jpg

royal-enfield-himalayan-spied-on-production-line-m1-720x540_720x540.jpg
Hi abingdonboy , even I used to feel the same den 1 day i rode my frds bike n i was hooked n in punjab,
it's difficult to get a second hand since bullet is passed on on family.... Can u blv its only vehicle that doesn't depreciate ! Esp classic 350 ...
U need to ride it once ...... U ll gt it wat m tryin to say ....! Although servicing is high cost but den its not fr everyone .

Honda 150cc is 650k, its absolutely crazy. I once planned to import a Yamaha V Star 500, the bike itself cost me $5000 but the import duties on it cost in excess of $9000. Needless to say, I had to drop the program. The government REALLY needs to revise our auto policy.

Ah you don't know the fun of it then. A car is like a cabin, you're just in it for the ride, cut off from the world around you, in your own little bubble. With a bike, you can feel the wind in your hair and bugs in your teeth, that's the way to go!
BTW, the clunky outdated look of the RE is what gives it its unique charm, I'm a sucker for vintage styling myself and if RE ever launches in Pakistan, I'll be on top of their list, I don't care if I have to sell a kidney or kidnap the GM, nothing will stop me from getting the first RE to be sold in Pak. I'd prefer the Classic 500 bullet, the Cafe Racer or the Himalayan, not necessarily in that order.

As famous quote among bikers:

Four wheels move body, two wheels move soul.

I can certainly see the appeal of a bike, especially for short stints but I can't beleive someone would actually prefer a bike for a long distance trip :o:

Ride like 700kms, 650kms and so on in a single day. I have Swift and Yamaha FZ-16 both for a long ride I would prefer my bike anyday.

It was developed in India by yamaha a decade back and launched with libero name. Just an average bike. The market should be opened for more competition and that force Honda and Yama to launch upto date products.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 0
Suzuki 150cc is 128k @Icarus

I have that one the GS150, I think he means the Bandit.

you are missing out....BIGTIME

Dude both of our SUV's - FJ and Xterra went out of production this year. Xterra I could understand but I thought FJ had a few more years left.

I dont think there has ever been a vstar 500, do you mean the 650? one way to get around it is, dis assemble it and import as spare parts.

Sorry, my bad, it was the V Star 650!

How abut this one? :D

1664681d1456320119-namak-mirchi-club-pakwheels-part-7-tripplan.jpg

(nearly 2300 miles.)

Gosh darn! How long did it take you to complete that circuit?

How many miles that circuit is exactly?

As I mentioned above, around 2300 miles.

Very impressive, if I might say so!

Such trips are exceedingly enjoyable, and thus not too hard, but thank you. The real marathons are more than a 1,000 miles a day. Just give me a full tank of gas and an open road ...... :D

Back
Top Bottom