What's new

Biker's Lounge

Suzuki 250cc is about 7 lac in Pakistan :woot:

Honda 150cc is 650k, its absolutely crazy. I once planned to import a Yamaha V Star 500, the bike itself cost me $5000 but the import duties on it cost in excess of $9000. Needless to say, I had to drop the program. The government REALLY needs to revise our auto policy.

To be honest, I'd take a car over any bike :D

Ah you don't know the fun of it then. A car is like a cabin, you're just in it for the ride, cut off from the world around you, in your own little bubble. With a bike, you can feel the wind in your hair and bugs in your teeth, that's the way to go!
BTW, the clunky outdated look of the RE is what gives it its unique charm, I'm a sucker for vintage styling myself and if RE ever launches in Pakistan, I'll be on top of their list, I don't care if I have to sell a kidney or kidnap the GM, nothing will stop me from getting the first RE to be sold in Pak. I'd prefer the Classic 500 bullet, the Cafe Racer or the Himalayan, not necessarily in that order.

Ah you don't know the fun of it then. A car is like a cabin, you're just in it for the ride, cut off from the world around you, in your own little bubble. With a bike, you can feel the wind in your hair and bugs in your teeth, that's the way to go!

Andhaa kiya janney basant kee bahar. :D

Explaining the freedom of a motorcycle to a cager is futile, Sir. Only riders know.

Well put, I never took you for a man of letters!

Man of letters? Me? Awww shucks, nothing is further from the truth! ;)

I am just an avid rider by choice, and I ride all months of the year. If you know the climate for Western NY, you will appreciate just what that means, Sir, as a fellow rider.

Man of letters? Me? Awww shucks, nothing is further from the truth! ;)

I am just an avid rider by choice, and I ride all months of the year. If you know the climate for Western NY, you will appreciate just what that means, Sir, as a fellow rider.

I have not been to New York, but as a Northern State, I am certain it must get really cold and also receive a fair deal of snow. When I have to ride in the cold, I usually use a full face helmet and throw on a muffler for good measure otherwise just the lower lip and the tip of your nose go numb and it feels really weird.

I have not been to New York, but as a Northern State, I am certain it must get really cold and also receive a fair deal of snow. When I have to ride in the cold, I usually use a full face helmet and throw on a muffler for good measure otherwise just the lower lip and the tip of your nose go numb and it feels really weird.

A picture is worth a thousand words:

(The windchill was far below the air temp of -10C, not to mention the road conditions.)

238.JPG

(Try explaining to a cager why I did not use the comfy SUV up the same driveway with heated leather seats. :D )

(The windchill was far below the air temp of -10C, not to mention the road conditions.)

View attachment 296425

(Try explaining to a cager why I did not use the comfy SUV up the same driveway with heated leather seats. :D )

Holy Shit! What kind of wheels do you even use to retain traction in that weather? In areas where we don't get snow often, we may use rope on the wheels but that has a number of drawbacks:

1. Ride is bumpy.
2. Rope wears out pretty quick.
3. Can't really take up much speed.
4. *** hurts like Bit**

BTW, the clunky outdated look of the RE is what gives it its unique charm, I'm a sucker for vintage styling myself and if RE ever launches in Pakistan, I'll be on top of their list, I don't care if I have to sell a kidney or kidnap the GM, nothing will stop me from getting the first RE to be sold in Pak. I'd prefer the Classic 500 bullet, the Cafe Racer or the Himalayan, not necessarily in that order.

Then you and I have very different ideas of fun sir, to me the best road expereince is a comfy (yet sporty) car, some nice music and a twisty road with nice scenery. If it gets too warm, a little AC, if it gets too chilly the heated seats will take care of me.

+ if I want the wind in your hair I can wind down the window a little ;)

Then you and I have very different ideas of fun sir, to me the best road expereince is a comfy (yet sporty) car, some nice music and a twisty road with nice scenery. If it gets too warm, a little AC, if it gets too chilly the heated seats will take care of me.

+ if I want the wind in your hair I can wind down the window a little ;)

Nooooooo. Man that experience is too tame for me. We really can never agree on the definition of nice long ride.

Nooooooo. Man that experience is too tame for me. We really can never agree on the definition of nice long ride.
I can certainly see the appeal of a bike, especially for short stints but I can't beleive someone would actually prefer a bike for a long distance trip :o:

I can certainly see the appeal of a bike, especially for short stints but I can't beleive someone would actually prefer a bike for a long distance trip :o:

I'd want nothing more than to travel the whole world on it. Its nothing short of magical, I swear, I can't really describe the feeling, its something that one has to try for themselves. Btw you mentioned music, I sometimes drive slow, below 40, just to get the sound on my engine real nice and clear on a low gear as I cruise along. The "dub, dub" of the engine sounds like the comforting faint sound of a maiden's heart as she hold you close to her tender bosom.

I'd want nothing more than to travel the whole world on it. Its nothing short of magical, I swear, I can't really describe the feeling, its something that one has to try for themselves.

The "dub, dub" of the engine sounds like the comforting faint sound of a maiden's heart as she hold you close to her tender bosom.

I'll defer to your experience on both counts sir ;)

Holy Shit! What kind of wheels do you even use to retain traction in that weather? In areas where we don't get snow often, we may use rope on the wheels but that has a number of drawbacks:

1. Ride is bumpy.
2. Rope wears out pretty quick.
3. Can't really take up much speed.
4. *** hurts like Bit**

Nothing special, just a set of Metzelers:

product_sheet_enduro_3_460x500_jpeg.jpg

Misc-02.jpg

How abut this one? :D

1664681d1456320119-namak-mirchi-club-pakwheels-part-7-tripplan.jpg

(nearly 2300 miles.)

Last edited:
To be honest, I'd take a car over any bike :D
you are missing out....BIGTIME

View attachment 296425

Dude both of our SUV's - FJ and Xterra went out of production this year. Xterra I could understand but I thought FJ had a few more years left.

Honda 150cc is 650k, its absolutely crazy. I once planned to import a Yamaha V Star 500, the bike itself cost me $5000 but the import duties on it cost in excess of $9000. Needless to say, I had to drop the program. The government REALLY needs to revise our auto policy.

I dont think there has ever been a vstar 500, do you mean the 650? one way to get around it is, dis assemble it and import as spare parts.

Dude both of our SUV's - FJ and Xterra went out of production this year. Xterra I could understand but I thought FJ had a few more years left.

The FJ Cruiser is still in production, but not sold in the US market anymore. It is still a big seller in the Middle East.

================================

Regardless of the means of travel, this song is dedicated to all the restless souls like mine among us:

Back
Top Bottom