What's new

Biker's Lounge

I already have the rare honour of being one of the million or so suckers who actually file their taxes and now you will coax me into paying custom duties while importing bikes as a national service. You so dearly want to see me on the streets, don't you? :cry:

Sir, I only want to see you enjoy riding the bikes that you pine for! :D

So why was this thread closed and then re-opened without any apparent rhyme or reason?

A nice story:

"Sometimes when someone else trusts you it helps you trust yourself better.
Well it all started out when my boyfriend believed that for some reason I would someday be a rider, he's a rider though!
It's funny to think about it now that just few days ago I wasn't ready to even take the bike off the stand.
He initially taught me about the gears and all I did about it was try shifting gears while it was on double stand.
Not long ago, in fact just 3 months back I took it off the stand and let it move ahead in the first gear with him close by just incase I was going down. It felt different, accelerated and realised I've to change to second gear now cause I was ready for it. Then came third and fourth. All encouragement from his side.
And then randomly as days went by I say hop on and he's staring at me, in about the next minute I realised he's the pillion and I'm riding.
My practice sessions started on the empty early morning roads and today I'm riding on the super crowded evenings roads.
Riding does have a special thing to it and I think my real story starts now, everything I'll do with the bike! The relationship I'll have with the bike ❤ I know it has just started and there's lots more is to come!"

12816868_1035115043220334_316411268_n.jpg

Original Link:
Instagram

Thanks man for sharing these videos. The second once is really very good one. When they displayed that engine from close shot, it was like watching soul of a living being. Very well made video and I hope that the bike would be the same.

Estimate is like, it would cost around 1.80Lacs INR(3000USD).
Here is the official Royal Enfield page for Himalayan:
The Royal Enfield’s New Himalayan Bike

d71-product-lead-banner.jpg

royalenfield-himalayan-bike-4.jpg

@@RV

Am very underwhelmed by the power it puts out though. 24.5 bhp from an all new 410 cc engine.

@@RV

Am very underwhelmed by the power it puts out though. 24.5 bhp from an all new 410 cc engine.
That's too less for an engine with capacity of 400CC. Even pulsar 200NS and KTM Duke 200 give 23bhp power with just 200CC engines.

That's too less for an engine with capacity of 400CC. Even pulsar 200NS and KTM Duke 200 give 23bhp power with just 200CC engines.

Duke 200 is 25 bhp. And will run rings around any Bullet.

@@RV

That's actually surprisingly little. How come though?
The Suzuki Bandit selling in Pak can hit 40bhp off a 250cc engine.

That's actually surprisingly little. How come though?
The only reason I can guess is that it is air cooled and engine is not very much compressed for power. As a compressed engine produces huge amount of heat and that can not be cooled by air. You need liquid cooled, and that would have increased the price of the bike.

That too with just 128kg weight. That is some best weight-power ratio.

What's the dry weight for the Himalayan? It looks really bear-bones, I figured it must be very light, the frame is stripped down with almost no unnecessary overlays so it shouldn't have much weight save for the weight of the engine.

Back
Top Bottom