What's new

Biker's Lounge

What's the dry weight for the Himalayan? It looks really bear-bones, I figured it must be very light, the frame is stripped down with almost no unnecessary overlays so it shouldn't have much weight save for the weight of the engine.

185 kilos. Dry.

What's the dry weight for the Himalayan? It looks really bear-bones, I figured it must be very light, the frame is stripped down with almost no unnecessary overlays so it shouldn't have much weight save for the weight of the engine.
I was telling about Duke 200 weight. Himalayan weighs 182 kgs.

The only reason I can guess is that it is air cooled and engine is not very much compressed for power. As a compressed engine produces huge amount of heat and that can not be cooled by air. You need liquid cooled, and that would have increased the price of the bike.

That sounds like the most plausible theory, because the Bandit does have a liquid cooled DOHC.

185 kilos. Dry.
I was telling about Duke 200 weight. Himalayan weighs 182 kgs.

God damn, seriously? Where does all that weight come from? They must be using some really high grade steel on the frame, there's no other way to explain that. With about 23bhp pushing a 185 kilo machine, I'm afraid it might be a really underwhelming riding experience.

That sounds like the most plausible theory, because the Bandit does have a liquid cooled DOHC.

God damn, seriously? Where does all that weight come from? They must be using some really high grade steel on the frame, there's no other way to explain that. With about 23bhp pushing a 185 kilo machine, I'm afraid it might be a really underwhelming riding experience.

Dont get me started man.

Fighting on this point with Bullet fanatics (fanbois) is equal in appeal to trading posts with someone like @MaarKhoor

Unpleasant and futile.

The only reason I shared the videos was to show our Pakistani biker buddies the terrain we ride on, and how Indian companies are innovating and investing in manufacturing and R&D. Even ancient ones like RE.

Bajaj is a whole different planet.

She is a "big-boned gal", as they say, this Himalayan. :D

Dont get me started man.

Fighting on this point with Bullet fanatics (fanbois) is equal in appeal to trading posts with someone like @MaarKhoor

Unpleasant and futile.

That is actually quite a surprise for me, a friend of mine rides a Kawasaki 550 that can churn out about 50bhp, despite having a heavy, typical 80s frame. So I figured that the RE engines, if not more, would at least cut close.

That is actually quite a surprise for me, a friend of mine rides a Kawasaki 550 that can churn out about 50bhp, despite having a heavy, typical 80s frame. So I figured that the RE engines, if not more, would at least cut close.

Especailly so when you consider its not the typical push rod engine and has been designed from scratch by Harris Engineering, UK.

The only reason I shared the videos was to show our Pakistani biker buddies the terrain we ride on, and how Indian companies are innovating and investing in manufacturing and R&D. Even ancient ones like RE.

Bajaj is a whole different planet.

I've heard a lot about the road to Ladakh. Hopefully we can have better diplomatic relations and I can try the ride for myself one day. That being said, I think I owe you one and would like to reciprocate by offering insight into one of Pakistan's choice biking routes, the Karakoram Highway aka the Silk Route!

@Icarus

However, bashing aside, one thing I can assure you of. Both as a Bulleteer myself as well as someone who has ridden a lot off road.

The Bullet is still one of the toughest bikes out there. The most rugged. And can carry a lot. And can be repaired pretty easily without a lot of fancy electronic do das.

I love my Bullet. But I recognize its not the world's best bike.

But I also know Im not the worlds best guy or rider. So its cool. She stays with me. Never going anywhere.

@Icarus

However, bashing aside, one thing I can assure you of. Both as a Bulleteer myself as well as someone who has ridden a lot off road.

The Bullet is still one of the toughest bikes out there. The most rugged. And can carry a lot. And can be repaired pretty easily without a lot of fancy electronic do das.

I love my Bullet. But I recognize its not the world's best bike.

But I also know Im not the worlds best guy or rider. So its cool. She stays with me. Never going anywhere.

That's almost philosophical, Doc! With that kind of attitude, you must be a complete hit with the ladies! :azn:

That's almost philosophical, Doc! With that kind of attitude, you must be a complete hit with the ladies! :azn:

Well, I've gotten by ...

That said, NEVER tell a lady she's not the world's best chick but then neither aren't you so its all cool. LOL

Does it really matter what bike it is when the journey looks like this?

ob_72ddd9_tumblr-mjmsc5bfpw1qcu0ewo1-500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom