What's new

Big Cat attacks 13 in Indian township!

its really good to see that the Indian authorities tranquilised the leopard rather than just simply killing it. India must be proud to have people live peacefully with nature. Well done.

Humans are a plague on the planet, I guess mother nature cannot stand us anymore and what we are doing to this beautiful planter we have, humans are stupid scum, do we not realize that this is our only home? We have no where to go, we need to stop raping nature and destroying our home in the process.

Humans are a plague on the planet, I guess mother nature cannot stand us anymore and what we are doing to this beautiful planter we have, humans are stupid scum, do we not realize that this is our only home? We have no where to go, we need to stop raping nature and destroying our home in the process.
Ur thinking it in the wrong way... Due to recent Conservation programmes the No. of animals have increased to such a Large extent that the Animals cant no longer be accommodated in that Forest reserves... so these animals Come out in search of new hunting ground & new territory ... creating Conflict with people...

Who wouldn't fight for their lives... We Humans are masterpiece and are smartest and strongest animal on Earth. I'm definenty not getting taking down by a 3' foot cat.

Leopards are fairly powerful for their size and could easily take down prey 5 times their sizes. Since they are very adaptable they remain the most successful of the big cats. Their adaptability brought them closer to human habitation, however. Hopefully the people who are attacked will recover and people can coexist with these magnificent animals.

Leopard rarely takes on Lions, unless it's trying to save its cubs. But I have come across Lions crushing leopards though.. Claws are the weapons of all the big cats. But leopards does have more flexible claws than other big cats as it spends most of its time on tree tops while resting. It can mount & dismount with the same amount of ease due to the way it's claws protrudes.
U are right but i have seen a leopard take on lionesses. I was in Africa and we were visiting the park where we saw a male leopard pick a fight with 3 lionesses for food but he took a serious beating!

its really good to see that the Indian authorities tranquilised the leopard rather than just simply killing it. India must be proud to have people live peacefully with nature. Well done.

No. The tranquillizer drug didn't take effect and the authorities killed it.

Attacked: A man wrestles with a leopard as a forest official tries to catch it with a net in Duliajan near Dibrugarh in Assam state

Trespasser: The animal was found hiding inside a residential campus in the India Oil compound where it attacked 13 people

Put down: The fully grown male leopard was shot dead by forest officials after tranquillizer drugs failed to take effect

It is not the cats fault.
Absolutely, millions of acres of forest have been chopped down by humans. So, the wild animals straying into towns and villages. 1.2 billion population is way too much for India.

Back
Top Bottom