What's new

Big Cat attacks 13 in Indian township!

JanjaWeed

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/0506leopard1a.jpg/
A man has been photographed wrestling a leopard that invaded an Indian township on Sunday and injured 13 people.
The big cat entered the township of Duliajan in upper Assam's Tinsukia district around 7am and set upon an elderly man and four others who rushed to his aid, Deccan Chronicle reports.

Animal control authorities summoned to the scene thought they had managed to subdue the beast after shooting it with two tranquiliser darts.

But the sedatives only slowed the big cat, which attacked eight other people, including an army captain, who had gathered around to watch.

Captivating images show a man wrestling with the leopard as two army officers try and ensnare it in a net.

Leopard attacks are not uncommon in India.

In January a man was killed when one of the beasts lashed out at him during a three-hour rampage in the eastern Indian city of Guwahati.

Leopard attacks 13 in Indian township

stop deforestation.. let the cats live peacefully. India is one of only few countries where you'l find most of the big cats.. like tiger, lion & leopard!

Sedatives... Otherwise I don't think that man would have survived this ordeal.

i have seen leoperd taking on group of 6 lioness.... Yet he gave them tough fight. A leoperd is alot powerful.... Its main weapon is claw.... i have seen a leoperd claw removed whole skin of skull in north east india by just one smash....

Leopard rarely takes on Lions, unless it's trying to save its cubs. But I have come across Lions crushing leopards though.. Claws are the weapons of all the big cats. But leopards does have more flexible claws than other big cats as it spends most of its time on tree tops while resting. It can mount & dismount with the same amount of ease due to the way it's claws protrudes.

i have seen leoperd taking on group of 6 lioness.... Yet he gave them tough fight. A leoperd is alot powerful.... Its main weapon is claw.... i have seen a leoperd claw removed whole skin of skull in north east india by just one smash....

Please note: This is very graphic.... This is what happened last year....
http://oddstuffmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/02.jpg
and this is the same guy after the attack....
http://oddstuffmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/04.jpg

He looks like the same guy in the above picture. Sort of.

Sedatives... Otherwise I don't think that man would have survived this ordeal.
Not really once in a place called a Mulund in Mumbai where i used to stay... a Sardar Killed a Leopard with his Bare hands when got attacked by the creature ... he was arrested as he was jogging in Forest area of Rajiv gandhi national Park ...

This is what happens when you develop cities in their habitat-
such animals are very territorial- the more territory taken by people- the more they will be close to human population- thus the incidents-

Spot on pal... These big cats don't live in pride apart from lions. Each individual cat needs it's own territory to roam & hunt. & the size of territory depends on the availability of prey!

This is what happens when you develop cities in their habitat-
such animals are very territorial- the more territory taken by people- the more they will be close to human population- thus the incidents-

i remembered a quote from the tv series LOST. This was a conversation between Locke and Jack..it goes something like this..

Locke: Boars are moving away. They are very intelligent animals. They sense when a more dangerous predator is in their area.

Jack: you mean us..

Locke:(smiles) Humans. the most dangerous predator of all.

Sedatives? Not needed. People living near the jungles are so tough that they wrestle leopards for fun:D
How can we forget our very own Malayalam actor JAYAN ... Who have wrestled Wild Animals in numerous Films ...

Oru Leapord kitttiiii enngilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ... :rofl:

IIRC, pullikaranu karimpuliyodu aayirunu kooduthal istham

This is video of a recent Leopard Wrestling from Kerala:

Ohh Kaavi Kaili ... These RSS Hindutva Vadi Malayalis r really Crazy people ... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh Kaavi Kaili ... These RSS Hindutva Vadi Malayalis r really Crazy people ... :lol:

Yesterday resident troll CD was bragging about how cowards Indians are especially South Indians and he would do that, he would do this ..he doesn't know that we wrestle leopards for fun here.

Yesterday resident troll CD was bragging about how cowards Indians are especially South Indians and he would do that, he would do this ..he doesn't know that we wrestle leopards for fun here.
He said that cause he never Messed with a Malayali who is a Marxist or a RSS carder ... as its a popular Joke in Kerala nammalil ellarum oru Prastanam tanne elle ... Most Malayali is a Institution in by himself... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom