What's new

Bid to block Pakistan F-16 sale fails in U.S. Senate

Hi,

The pakistanis don't understand and don't want to understand is that the sanctions this time would be different---. Under these sanctions---even turkey would not be able to supply the parts---.

Secondly---the performance of the F16's would be curtailed.

The one thing about the americans is that they don't spring a surprise on you----they let you know up front what is coming---only you---the recipient gets surprised when the freight train hits you---.

They do understand. They know what US is capable of. They just don't care.

According to Haris Khan PDF PAF intending to buy 10 more New Blk 52s .

Actually, this is nothing new. When Pakistan first bought the 18 F-16 block 52 C and D's, the original contract was approved by congress for sale of 18 of these F-16 C's and D's with an " Option to purchase 18 MORE " of the same. So this present purchase of 8 F-16's is part of that Option under the original contract and that still leaves Pakistan with an option to purchase 10 more of these F-16 C's and D's that Pakistan can still purchase if it wants, as stipulated under the original contract. The original contract is already approved and no new approval is necessary in that regard.

What happened recently was that some U.S. Congress members tried to block that option by asking congress to rescind the contract. However, that bid failed and so Pakistan is getting 8 more F-16 C';s and D's with still room to purchase 10 more, as stipulated under the original contract.

Actually, this is nothing new. When Pakistan first bought the 18 F-16 block 52 C and D's, the original contract was approved by congress for sale of 18 of these F-16 C's and D's with an " Option to purchase 18 MORE " of the same. So this present purchase of 8 F-16's is part of that Option under the original contract and that still leaves Pakistan with an option to purchase 10 more of these F-16 C's and D's that Pakistan can still purchase if it wants, as stipulated under the original contract. The original contract is already approved and no new approval is necessary in that regard.

What happened recently was that some U.S. Congress members tried to block that option by asking congress to rescind the contract. However, that bid failed and so Pakistan is getting 8 more F-16 C';s and D's with still room to purchase 10 more, as stipulated under the original contract.
Yeh i remember it passed 36 by congress opted 18 but i think after these 18 order we should stop to buy new one try to get used one plus look for third type plane in PAF should go for it when these F 16s money paid off .

"Publicly embarrassing them and sending them to Russia or to France to buy fighter jets ends that leverage," Corker said.
Senate Shoots Down Resolution to Block F-16 Sale to Pakistan - ABC News

The red part is the real deal. Why would Pakistan want to let Americans have this leverage over us when all we could simply do is to move away. Heck even the Americans know this but God damn this love of PAF with F-16s keeps putting Pakistan under someone else thumb.

Like i have been saying all along this would be win-win for everyone. Pakistan will get F-16's and they would they have done it. India would be happy because these F-16's wont change the balance nor pakistan is getting F-16 V and US would be happy to attach more strings and keeping control on PAF.
Mastan khan have been saying things no one in PAF seems to understand i think and i hope they pay attention or PAF would be a joke soon.

Total number of F-16 Block 52+ in service with PAF soon to be same as the number of Rafale India is going to buy. 36.
12814406_851273398318179_4730805309946026589_n.jpg

Total number of F-16 Block 52+ in service with PAF soon to be same as the number of Rafale India is going to buy. 36.
12814406_851273398318179_4730805309946026589_n.jpg

Yeh i remember it passed 36 by congress opted 18 but i think after these 18 order we should stop to buy new one try to get used one plus look for third type plane in PAF should go for it when these F 16s money paid off .

Hi,

That approval had an expiry date on it---and it expired last year sometime or the previous---.

So---yes----we must a parallel or superior aircraft to the F16----to neuter the sanctions.

congress has held back the financing / subsidy which makes up nearly 50% of the 700 mill $ deal. if Pakistan wants all 8 F16s with accessories, it has to come up with this component (50%) with its own funds, otherwise only 4 F16s with accessories will be delivered.

congress has held back the financing / subsidy which makes up nearly 50% of the 700 mill $ deal. if Pakistan wants all 8 F16s with accessories, it has to come up with this component (50%) with its own funds, otherwise only 4 F16s with accessories will be delivered.
:o: ........ how about NO to All 8 of them?
What what is included in 700 Million $.....?
Is someone looking to set new records of corruption? o_O

It should be 18 opted 8 will go 10 more .
Is it confirm,speculation or ur wishlist

Like i have been saying all along this would be win-win for everyone. Pakistan will get F-16's and they would they have done it. India would be happy because these F-16's wont change the balance nor pakistan is getting F-16 V and US would be happy to attach more strings and keeping control on PAF.
Mastan khan have been saying things no one in PAF seems to understand i think and i hope they pay attention or PAF would be a joke soon.
Dear Bro,

Cannot agree more on that,also you US and INDIA does not want PAK to go for another platform like SU-35 or any twin engine aircarft.
which may be a game changer

Addition is always good especially when the birds are new so congrats Pakistan not just for birds but for diplomatic win over lobbying as well.

Indian lobbying money is not just limited up-to stop sales to the Pakistan but a long list of supporting terrorism as well. In other words, the lobbying to stop the sell of the machine which has to be used in WOT, is also a sign of supporting and praising terrorism in Pakistan. India never misses a chance and never will do so that we have to keep in mind.

Moreover, the sword of sanctions hanging upon head is clearly visible and Pakistan should seriously consider an alternate in the meantime as well. Putting all the eggs in one basket, is not wise at all indeed. While looking at intention of US throughout many statements and experience in past, the F-16s business is only related with US interests in Afghanistan and as soon as the issue is resolved or matter is addressed as per wish of US, these birds might stand on ground useless. Hopefully, PAF is not playing blind this time. Alternate is a must.

USA can't just let Pakistan leave.:p:

Indians are played by US.

Addition is always good especially when the birds are new so congrats Pakistan not just for birds but for diplomatic win over lobbying as well.

Indian lobbying money is not just limited up-to stop sales to the Pakistan but a long list of supporting terrorism as well. In other words, the lobbying to stop the sell of the machine which has to be used in WOT, is also a sign of supporting and praising terrorism in Pakistan. India never misses a chance and never will do so that we have to keep in mind.

Moreover, the sword of sanctions hanging upon head is clearly visible and Pakistan should seriously consider an alternate in the meantime as well. Putting all the eggs in one basket, is not wise at all indeed. While looking at intention of US throughout many statements and experience in past, the F-16s business is only related with US interests in Afghanistan and as soon as the issue is resolved or matter is addressed as per wish of US, these birds might stand on ground useless. Hopefully, PAF is not playing blind this time. Alternate is a must.
You've got JF17 Thunder, so the eggs are not in one basket.

Back
Top Bottom