What's new

Bhoja Air Flight crashes on final approach to Islamabad Airport.

Visibility should not be an issue at all. All major airports in Pakistan are equipped with ILS and these aircrafts can land even in zero visibility. This is just another excuse.

Poor weather conditions seem to have contributed here although it is too early to make a definitive statement.

ISB is not equipped for ILS approach on both the ends of Active. It has ILS on only one end and if the other end is being used the pilots have to make a " Circle to Land " approach.

Now two eye witnesses say the plane caught fire midair and exploded.

Dead bodies being recovered from roofs of houses

Son of B**h - Rehman Malik saying "Ho sakta hai plan par bijli gir gai ho"

Not again, the news is going to spread the world, sigh. Foreigners remember reading Sachien Avalanches collapse last week on the newspaper and now this another one.

Not related to this thread topic but interesting technical functions problems.

April 3
Gilani's plane makes emergency landing at Chaklala airbase
Gilani’s plane makes emergency landing at Chaklala airbase – The Express Tribune

April 5
Technical failure: Rehman Malik’s helicopter makes emergency landing
Technical failure: Rehman Malik

Jan 25
Pakistan air force jet crashes: Official
Pakistan air force jet crashes: Official – The Express Tribune

:confused:

ISB is not equipped for ILS approach on both the ends of Active. It has ILS on only one end and if the other end is being used the pilots have to make a " Circle to Land " approach.

Safety costs money.

Poor weather conditions seem to have contributed here although it is too early to make a definitive statement.

I still can not believe we do not have a fully operational ILS in our airports. ILS is the ultimate safety equipment. Not having it in our airports means we will lose more and more lives. Without ILS there is no modern aviation as all automated landings depend on it.

Are you serious? Do you mean we do not have ILS in our capital airport? Is that true? I can not believe it. This is 21st century. We must have ILS in all our air ports, let alone in the capital air port. I am so sorry, but this is unacceptable, no matter what.

That was my reaction Longbrained after the Airblue crash. Not having the ILS for the runway in use in a bad weather situation caused that accident and we did nothing to alleviate that situation. somebody in CAA should be hanged for this.

Airplane crashes are really very sad, they are few in number, but finding survivors is very difficult, Rest in peace to the dead, and strength to the family and friends of the victims.

As per Dunya News: It was grounded plan and by using contacts they get it cleared for operation and this is 30 years old plan

The -200Adv included both the modifications made to the baseline -200 aircraft and improvements such as redesigned wings, new leading edge flap sequencing, extension of inboard Krueger Flaps, increase in droop of outboard slats. All these modifications produced a significant increase in lift while reducing take-off and approach speeds, which eventually improved short field performance or increased the MTOW with 2.2 metric tonnes. Besides this, autobrake, anti-skid, RTO autobraking, automatic performance reserve and nose-brakes also became available again. With the in=stallment of more powerful JT8D-15 engines, providing 15,500 lbf of thrust, the MTOW was upgraded to 52,400 kg. The forementioned improvements consequently increased the service ceiling by approximately 2,000 feet to 37,000 feet

Upgraded cockpit similar to what was in this Acft
Boeing_737-200_Advanced_Cockpit_Dubai_Air_Show_Ryabtsev.jpg

Supposedly.. somewhere near Korang town and the village.. Debris is sprayed over a km long section..

Btw.. fireball.. means it blew up?
Lighting Strike?

Safety costs money.

The other approach is not a safe one anyway..
You literally have to fly near the mountains.. ala--airblue 202..

Upgraded cockpit similar to what was in this Acft
Boeing_737-200_Advanced_Cockpit_Dubai_Air_Show_Ryabtsev.jpg

Supposedly.. somewhere near Korang town and the village.. Debris is sprayed over a km long section..

Btw.. fireball.. means it blew up?
Lighting Strike?

The other approach is not a safe one anyway..
You literally have to fly near the mountains.. ala--airblue 202..

eyewitnesses report Fire,and then explosion and sudden loss of altitude and falling plane parts....

That was my reaction Longbrained after the Airblue crash. Not having the ILS for the runway in use in a bad weather situation caused that accident and we did nothing to alleviate that situation. somebody in CAA should be hanged for this.

I am fuming right now. This is absolutely unacceptable to land large passenger planes with visual references the way pilots used to land their biplanes in World War I. This is the responsibility of the government to keep air ports safe and uptodate. They charge huge amount of money on top of expensive tickets as air port fees and taxes and they can not even install a second hand ILS. That is the height of mismanagement. I guess then next time I will only fly during the day when there is no wind and no clouds. I can not trust my life into hands of a blind pilot without an ILS.

First flight after years and a crash near the airport. Casualties on ground as well. I wonder why so many Pakistani's are dying these days. Violence in Karachi, Gilgit, and Quetta. Suicide and Drone attacks. Siachen and many other natural calamities. I am not sure about the rest of the world but it surely is 2012 for Pakistan. :undecided:

Another comment made by Pakistan Umar.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...ard-crashes-near-rawalapindi.html#post2844831

This is what I am saying.....

Back
Top Bottom