What's new

Bhoja Air Flight crashes on final approach to Islamabad Airport.

Lives are not counted by money............

I did not say lives are counted by money. All I said was that ensuring the safety of said lives costs money. Big difference.

The other approach is not a safe one anyway..
You literally have to fly near the mountains.. ala--airblue 202..

That was a case of CFIT. The cause of this will have to wait for the a complete investigation.

Son of B**h - Rehman Malik saying "Ho sakta hai plan par bijli gir gai ho"

Some officials at the airport claimed that.

A retired Colonel, first hand witness said he saw a ball of fire before the plane came down.

ILS would not have made much of a difference in this incident I am afraid, this was not a CFIT, like Airblue crash, rather the aircraft crashed into the ground with alot of force, andfrom the kind of height in which it was on it's finals, one can only say that it was a High pressure area under a cloud that caused the aircraft to fall with so much force.

I just want to kick the Geo guy on the head, he keeps on saying, do you think if the plane would have been brand new, it could have avoided the crash, and could the passengers have jumped off the aircraft in time had the aircraft been new.

Such un professionalism is unheard of.

CAA on site for recovery of black box..
All the other teams recovering dead bodies.....

The other approach is not a safe one anyway..
You literally have to fly near the mountains.. ala--airblue 202..

This was the approach from the other side I think, not form Margalla hills side.

Even if the planes engine had caught fire, it could ahve glided some distance and not come to the ground with such force.

I think misinterpretation of weather and wrong judgment, but it would be too early to say anything definitely.

The weather suddenly took a change for the worse around 6:30, heavy winds suddenly, plane might have got caught in a downwind under a cloud.

THIS GEO GUY IS IRKING ME OUT!!!

ed202_jan24.jpg

As you can se plane was coming from Runway 30, not from 12,for which you have to do a visual, and avoid the hills( like airblue).

And Runway 12 has ILS.

Runway 30 does not, you have to do a visual procedure for that.

this is really sad . may god grant peace to the souls of those lost .

He may actually be right.
Although aircraft are designed to survive lighting strikes.

Lightning strike means the electrical systems might have got fried, but a controlled glide could have been possible.

Although early to speculate on the exact cause.

The GEO guy said, on who is the blame for this crash???:hitwall:

A violent rain and wind storm was lashing parts of the capital around the same time as the crash.

The aircraft was traveling from the country s largest city of Karachi to the Pakistani capital when it crashed, officials said.

For information regarding passengers, people can contact at 021-99071265

This was the approach from the other side I think, not form Margalla hills side.

Even if the planes engine had caught fire, it could ahve glided some distance and not come to the ground with such force.

I think misinterpretation of weather and wrong judgment, but it would be too early to say anything definitely.

The weather suddenly took a change for the worse around 6:30, heavy winds suddenly, plane might have got caught in a downwind under a cloud.

THIS GEO GUY IS IRKING ME OUT!!!

Unless the fire reached the fuel tanks before the suppressors could cool it .
Again.. its still speculation.. But now ive got the annoying feeling that I might have seen it get hit by lighting.
after all.. Ive never seen two strands of lighting strike a single point in the sky.

Back
Top Bottom