What's new

Bhoja Air Flight crashes on final approach to Islamabad Airport.

Eye witness says he saw a ball of fire before the crash.
Some reports suggest it was hit by lightning .

The aircraft are B-737-200 advanced.. recently refurbished and updated with new avionics.
Currently the airline was using foreign pilots.. with local ones undergoing conversion and training.
It was a new lease of life for this airline.. short lived apparently.
According to reports.. the aircraft went in nose first...
Aircraft had Ground Proximity Warning Systems..
The weather was inclement but not that bad since I was driving a km or so from the crash site a few min ago... It just turned to hell in a matter of seconds.. I heard a sound but it could have been thunder.

Too many variables to speculate upon right now though.

As per Dunya News: It was grounded plan and by using contacts they get it cleared for operation and this is 30 years old plan

It's not just the visibility but the stormy weather, in any case this is not the official statement rather an eyewitness account.

Actually it is like the last time. They want to fool people. The last investigation went into dustbin and was never revealed publicly. In other countries the entire record including the cockpit voice recorder data is made public and you can search internet and listen to the voice of the pilots to the last second. But here it is different. So people do not know. And as for winds, ATC which has access to air port weather instrumentation and data had cleared the landing which means that it was safe otherwise they would have diverted it to somewhere else. I just hope a good investigation is carried out this time. Not like the last crash. People's lives are at the stake here. So many families are ruined now.

Bro - can you confirm this i just been told it was Baria Town residential complex - and we have family their?

I think Pakistani members can give exact details, i am watching web TV and it's not working well because of slow internet in Iran

Locals are being nosy and blocking way of emergency vehicles..although there is no emergency anymore.

ATC reports losing contact aith the plane 1740 PST..and the fireball was observed around 1840..Just before Maghrib prayers,as per the witnesses.

I just hope this is not a true replica of the Airblue Bad weather crash. At the time i found out that Islamabad Airport ( which is actually in Rawalpindi ) does not have ILS on both ends of the active runway and so for one end that lacks ILS approach, the pilot has to make a " Circle to Land " approach while staying within the 5 statute miles of the airport. In bad weather while making a "circle to land approach" pilots sometimes lose sight of the runway because they are in a continous turn.

Without ILS approach availability, flights to ISB should be discontinued in Bad weather. When will we learn ?

Are you serious? Do you mean we do not have ILS in our capital airport? Is that true? I can not believe it. This is 21st century. We must have ILS in all our air ports, let alone in the capital air port. I am so sorry, but this is unacceptable, no matter what.

Eyewitness being interviewed..he says the plane exploded in the air and he saw plane parts falling from the sky...
10 houses sustained damage...But nobody injured on ground.

Shaheen Airlines grounded this plane, but Bhoja took it & made it operational

Back
Top Bottom