What's new

Bhoja Air Flight crashes on final approach to Islamabad Airport.

A plane carrying 121 passengers has crashed in bad weather near Rawalpindi, aviation officials said.

Bhoja Airline flight B-4213 was flying from Karachi to Islamabad when it crashed 10-15km away from the runway of Islamabad airport, near Chaklala airbase.

The aircraft was scheduled to leave Karachi airport at 17:00 local time (12:00 GMT) and due to arrive at 19:00 (14:00 GMT).

Witnesses said that flame could be seen rising from the crash site and fire has reportedly engulfed several buildings.

Dead bodies are lying all around after jet goes down while landing, a witness said.

Police officials said emergency teams were on their way to the crash site. All hospitals in Islamabad and Rawalpindi put on alert.

This strikes me in the heart, and it hurts so bad..
May these poor souls...rest in peace.

God bless them, god bless their souls.

just to save few liters of ******* fuel.. they did not divert ......

That is rubbish. Its the fault of aviation regulator which in this case is CAA. Two years back, AIrBlue plane crashed in mysterious circumstances. CAA made it more mysterious as it not reveal the details of Black Box. It kept avoiding the discovery of Black Box for many weeks.

Like at all high positions with lucrative perks, there are PM or presidents 'friends'. CAA is no exception.

My heart really goes out for the families of the deceased. May Allah give them patience. Its a very hard reality to accept that you have lost a loved one out of a perfectly avoidable accident.

My cousin works in Air Blue and cause of that accident was pilot error.

Bhoja Air,
is that still flying? Thought they closed long time ago

Update:

Wikipedia said:
Bhoja Air (IATA: B4, ICAO: BHO, Call sign: BHOJA) is an airline based in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. It operates a small domestic scheduled network. It ceased operations in 2000 due to financial difficulties and succumbed to numerous debts and was relaunched in 2011, the first flight was on 6th March 2012.

Bhoja Air announced in November 2011, that it plans to restart operations in 2012. On April 20, 2012 The maiden flight of the restarted Bhoja Airlines crashed close to it's intended destination of Islamabad. The plane had 127 passengers on board.

Very bad start..RIP!

Visibility should not be an issue at all. All major airports in Pakistan are equipped with ILS and these aircrafts can land even in zero visibility. This is just another excuse.

It's not just the visibility but the stormy weather, in any case this is not the official statement rather an eyewitness account.

I just hope this is not a true replica of the Airblue Bad weather crash. At the time i found out that Islamabad Airport ( which is actually in Rawalpindi ) does not have ILS on both ends of the active runway and so for one end that lacks ILS approach, the pilot has to make a " Circle to Land " approach while staying within the 5 statute miles of the airport. In bad weather while making a "circle to land approach" pilots sometimes lose sight of the runway because they are in a continous turn.

Without ILS approach availability, flights to ISB should be discontinued in Bad weather. When will we learn ?

The aircraft are B-737-200 advanced.. recently refurbished and updated with new avionics.
Currently the airline was using foreign pilots.. with local ones undergoing conversion and training.
It was a new lease of life for this airline.. short lived apparently.
According to reports.. the aircraft went in nose first...
Aircraft had Ground Proximity Warning Systems..
It crashed right into Korang town.. on final approach..
Next to which is PWD society
The weather was inclement but not that bad since I was driving a km or so from the crash site a few min ago... It just turned to hell in a matter of seconds.. I was facing rawat.. coming from GT road at 6:33..when I saw two separate sparks of lighting converge on a single spot in the sky.
Did I just see it happen??

Too many variables to speculate upon right now though.

P.S

One of the pilots name is Mr N.Hassan.

Back
Top Bottom