What's new

Bhoja Air Flight crashes on final approach to Islamabad Airport.

PM , president and Minister of Defence have ordered inquiries, as if a accident report would not have been done without those orders!

None of the dead bodies are complete.....
mid air explosion.

Army has now cordoned off the area.

In 1963, a Pan Am Boeing 707, on a flight from Baltimore to Philadelphia, crashed near Elkton, Md., after being struck by lightning. All 81 people on board died. The probable cause was listed as "lightning-induced ignition of the fuel/air mixture in the no. 1 reserve fuel tank with resultant explosive disintegration of the left outer wing and loss of control."

In 1971, 91 people died when a Lansa flight crashed in Peru after a lightning strike caused a fire and separation of the right wing.

"The other main area of concern is the fuel system, where even a tiny spark could be disastrous. Therefore, extreme precautions are taken to assure that lightning currents cannot cause sparks in any portion of an aircraft's fuel system. The aircraft skin around the fuel tanks must be thick enough to withstand a burn through. All the structural joints and fasteners must be tightly designed to prevent sparks as lightning current passes from one section to another. Access doors, fuel filler caps and any vents must be designed and tested to withstand lightning. All the pipes and fuel lines that carry fuel to the engines, and the engines themselves, must be verified to be protected against lightning. In addition, new fuels that produce less explosive vapors are now widely used."

And this Acft was old..

Unless the fire reached the fuel tanks before the suppressors could cool it .
Again.. its still speculation.. But now ive got the annoying feeling that I might have seen it get hit by lighting.
after all.. Ive never seen two strands of lighting strike a single point in the sky.

Could be anything, but a fire does not explain the hard impact, evident by the debris being strewn over a large area, and the plane not in large chunks, but small pieces not much larger than a sofa. Even the seats are completely torn apart.

Upgraded cockpit similar to what was in this Acft
Boeing_737-200_Advanced_Cockpit_Dubai_Air_Show_Ryabtsev.jpg

Supposedly.. somewhere near Korang town and the village.. Debris is sprayed over a km long section..

Btw.. fireball.. means it blew up?
Lighting Strike?

Lightning does not effect most of the aircraft of now days.
What happens when lightning strikes an airplane?: Scientific American

So exclude this factor from the list.
Because only a dumb like Dr. REHMAN MALIK can think of these type of factors.

This was the approach from the other side I think, not form Margalla hills side.

Even if the planes engine had caught fire, it could ahve glided some distance and not come to the ground with such force.

I think misinterpretation of weather and wrong judgment, but it would be too early to say anything definitely.

The weather suddenly took a change for the worse around 6:30, heavy winds suddenly, plane might have got caught in a downwind under a cloud.

THIS GEO GUY IS IRKING ME OUT!!!

The engines have pyrotechnic fire suppressants which are designed to put out engine fires. Lets see what the report of investigation says?

Do you guys think that Boeing is going to be involved in investigations?

And this Acft was old..

Explosion might have been a possibility, but again I say, early to say definitely.

Explosion does explain the large debris fallout.

A case of fire on board,and then plane losing flight path

The engines have pyrotechnic fire suppressants which are designed to put out engine fires. Lets see what the report of investigation says?

Do you guys think that Boeing is going to be involved in investigations?

The data recorders do go to boeing and US for investigation, of all planes in pakistan in the event of a crash.

But Boeing 737 has static wicks which make the plane immune to the lightning damage: Static discharger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They do not prevent or make "immune" aircraft to lighting strikes..
Static dischargers are not lightning arrestors and do not reduce or increase the likelihood of an aircraft being struck by lightning. Static dischargers are subject to damage or significant changes in electrical resistance as a result of lightning strike to the aircraft, and should be inspected after a lightning strike to ensure proper static discharge operation

I think this air line is owned by Zardari's sister

Please keep such pointless comments off this thread.

A case of fire on board,and then plane losing flight path

I doubt it. The plane was on the designated flight path.

A met official on TV saying that sudden winds and cumulonimbus clouds did take over the area around 6:20/25

Back
Top Bottom