What's new

Bharti Airtel launches country’s first 4G service

Ammyy

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Bharti Airtel launches country’s first 4G service

New Delhi: Bharti Airtel on Tuesday announced the launch of the country’s first ever fourth generation mobile services in Kolkata and claimed that it will result in India becoming one of the first countries in the world to commercially deploy the cutting-edge technology.

Airtel's 4G (TD-LTE) network was launched by telecoms minister Kapil Sibal.

Currently, Airtel’s 4G pricing in Kolkata starts at Rs 999 with a usage of 6GB. Wi-fi devices (indoor CPE) are priced at Rs 7,750 while 4G multi mode dongles are priced at Rs 7,999.

Compared to the existing 3G services that allow downloads speeds of up to 21 mbps (mega bytes per second), 4G allows download speeds of “upto 100 mbps’’ (almost 5 times higher than 3G).

The telecom major has appointed Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) for building and operating network in the Maharashtra circle using TD-LTE -- one of the 4G technologies.

With the launch in Kolkata, Airtel has become become the first company to start 4G wireless services in the country.

The company had won BWA spectrum in 2010 for four telecom circles -- Kolkata, Maharashtra, Punjab and Karnataka and had paid Rs 3,314.36 crore.

The company was allocated 20 Mhz of BWA spectrum in 2.3 Ghz frequency band which is considered suitable for transmitting signals for operating 4G services.

Bharti Airtel launches country

what is current status of mukesh ambani 4g broadband service. i read in news that they will provide 1 GB for Rs. 10. the launch of 4g broadband is mid 2012 but it's april 12 and still no news about that.

this means a movie of about 1 gb in 10 seconds!!!:woot::victory::victory::victory:

wonder when it will start in hyd. my airtel has a 3g connection . but my reliance still hasn't . :rolleyes:

That's crazy. We don't even have 4G here in UK yet, only a very limited number of nations do- very impressive. I have to make do with (a pretty sketchy) 3G service :(

That's crazy. We don't even have 4G here in UK yet, only a very limited number of nations do- very impressive. I have to make do with (a pretty sketchy) 3G service :(
I think China already has the servises of 4g if i'm not wrong

I got time to upgrade the Blackberry.

Does anyone know the 4G phones in India.

Can you give a good review on a few??/

what is current status of mukesh ambani 4g broadband service. i read in news that they will provide 1 GB for Rs. 10. the launch of 4g broadband is mid 2012 but it's april 12 and still no news about that.

Reliance has got all the 23 Circles for 4G (Pan India) compare to Airtel which has got only couple circles to launch.

Back
Top Bottom