What's new

Bharat wants China out of the Indian Ocean

Last edited:
well if china wants to increase its sphere of infuence in indian ocean, india cannot stop it. force projection in international waters is one of the ways to show u r naval power to the rest of the world. india should learn to deal with this.

not withstanding that, nothing is stopping india to carry out force projection in international waters close to china.

in my opinion, an anti piracy joint exercise between india and china in indian ocean or south china sea will be ideal to build up trust.

well if china wants to increase its sphere of infuence in indian ocean, india cannot stop it. force projection in international waters is one of the ways to show u r naval power to the rest of the world. india should learn to deal with this.

not withstanding that, nothing is stopping india to carry out force projection in international waters close to china.

in my opinion, an anti piracy joint exercise between india and china in indian ocean or south china sea will be ideal to build up trust.

A joint anti piracy exercise in Indian Ocean will be more pragmatic considering the rampant piracy in that area.

I believe they are worried that India may not be able to cut off the sea-route when they deem necessary.

Enough of this paranoid BS! Doesn't China have access to the Arabian sea through Gawadar? And why would India cut off the sea-lanes to China when trade between the two nations is booming?

Admit it, China is more concerned about the US naval presence but so far all China has managed to do is push India closer to the US by not playing the diplomatic game.

Admit it, China is more concerned about the US naval presence but so far all China has managed to do is push India closer to the US by not playing the diplomatic game.

That's right, the US naval presence is the chief concern regarding the sea lanes.

The title of the topic is about India and China specifically though.

That's right, the US naval presence is the chief concern regarding the sea lanes.

The title of the topic is about India and China specifically though.

True, but the US naval presence is related, if not the main reason for Chinese naval build-up. Wouldn't you agree?

Enough of this paranoid BS! Doesn't China have access to the Arabian sea through Gawadar?

So China is not allowed to gain access to Arabian sea through Indian Ocean?

And why would India cut off the sea-lanes to China when trade between the two nations is booming?

India had done that to Pakistan, and now India sees China as its largest enemy, China has every right to be cautious.

I admit we are more concerned about US, that is why i suggest India should relax.

But push India to US? No, it is more accurate to say India is trying to push herself to US by conspicuously confronting China.

So China is not allowed to gain access to Arabian sea through Indian Ocean?

Did I say that? I merely pointed out that this as an another option that China has to gain access to the Arabian sea. Which is also what Chinese-Dragon said.

India had done that to Pakistan, and now India sees China as its largest enemy, China has every right to be cautious.

The hostilities between India and Pakistan are on a far greater scale compared to China. In fact compared to India-Pakistan relationships, India and China look like best friends. Also I would like to point out that India did not blockade Karachi port during Kargil war when it could have easily done so.

I admit we are more concerned about US, that is why i suggest India should relax.

But push India to US? No, it is more accurate to say India is trying to push herself to US by conspicuously confronting China.

That is your opinion isn't it. The truth of the matter is if China displays hostility towards India then naturally India will seek an ally (being a smaller navy compared to the Chinese navy).

Back
Top Bottom