What's new

Betrayed, Arabized

So what should we call them? Gindies? or gangdis? any other suggestion?

You do realize there are a lot of fancy words that one can make for you.

Too difficult to keep it civilized? You do realize what one can associate it with?

And the thread has moved from "arabization" to sects to national geography and India.

I remember reading somwhere a long time ago that around 7th century there were two main nations in what is now Pakistan and India called al sindh and al hind in arabic السند و الهند.

So Hind is not derived from Sindh.

Will be very much interested to read it.

The Indus Valley (Pakistan) has been separate for very large periods from the land mass of Bharat =

Really? What very large period?

British period
0_1.jpg

Sikh period
20101127090402!Sikh_Empire.JPG

Maratha period
maratmap.jpg

Mughal period
220px-Mughal_empire_large.png

Delhi Sultanates
delhi-sultanate.jpg

Pala period
200px-Pala_Empire_(Dharmapala).gif

Gupta period
gupta-empire.jpg

I went back 1600 years but every Indian empire had Indus valley in it.

So what should we call them? Gindies? or gangdis? any other suggestion?

They love to derive words from the Indus River,which is not even their river. The Indus River originates in Tibet goes through occupied Kashmir into Pakistan.

Most of the Ganges River runs through their country so they keep deriving names form rivers they should derive names for their country, their people of the river that most of their people live around which is the GANGES RIVER.

They should start calling their country Gangia, their people Gangian, and their race Gangic.

The Hindu's that live in Pakistan are our people, and our brothers and sisters - but they were not, and never been indian, it is the same as Nepal - they are not indian, but are Hindu.

okay,there are many hindus/sikhs who left pakistan and came to india.what about them?

I personally know many people including my girlfriend's family who were from lyallpur.They are not from there?

Will be very much interested to read it.

Really? What very large period?

British period
0_1.jpg

Sikh period
20101127090402!Sikh_Empire.JPG

Maratha period
maratmap.jpg

Mughal period
220px-Mughal_empire_large.png

Delhi Sultanates
delhi-sultanate.jpg

Pala period
200px-Pala_Empire_(Dharmapala).gif

Gupta period
gupta-empire.jpg

I went back 1600 years but every Indian empire had Indus valley in it.

yes..fast forward to 1947 and none of the indian rulers had indus valley in their map and wont have it.

yes..fast forward to 1947 and none of the indian rulers had indus valley in their map and wont have it.

i think all of us know that after 1947 most of the Indus river and valley fell in Pakistan. So nothing we are bothered about it. But pre 1947 is it what I have posted. No one can change the history.

i think all of us know that after 1947 most of the Indus river and valley fell in Pakistan. So nothing we are bothered about it. But pre 1947 is it what I have posted. No one can change it.

yes...after 1947 we have become two seperate nations...the rest is history.

Will be very much interested to read it. Really? What very large period?

British period.

And most of history of South Asia, the Indus Valley has always been distinct and separate from what is "india" today. The only time we were one is when the British and Muslims wanted to rule over all of South Asia. The Sikh empire didnt even last 50 years by the way and didnt even touch most of what is today called "India".

world_indusvalleymap.png

Indus Valley Civilization

20100703012806!Ghaznavid_Empire_975_-_1187_(AD).PNG

Ghaznavid Empire

250px-Afgempdur.jpg

Durrani Empire

481px-AlexanderConquestsInIndia.jpg

Alexander the Great's Empire

Achaemenid_Empire_~480_BC.png

Achaeminid Persian Empire

Sassanid_Empire.jpg

The Persian Sassanid Empire

umayyad_caliphate_750AD.png

Ummayad Caliphate

300px-QASIM.PNG

Extent and expansion of Umayyad rule under Muhammad bin Qasim

And most of history of South Asia, the Indus Valley has always been distinct and separate from what is "india" today.

Not most of but all of the history it was India. None of them are Indian empires and are under foreign invasions whom took over part of India. All of them written in history as invasion of India by Greeks, Huns, Arabs, Afghans. All of them those conquered any eastern side of Hindukush mountain is considered as India.

Not most of but all of the history it was India. None of them are Indian empires and are under foreign invasions whom took over part of India. All of them written in history as invasion of India by Greeks, Huns, Arabs, Afghans. All of them those conquered any eastern part of Hindukush mountain is considered as India.

Your "india" is a foreign created word. Just because you kept the name your British masters made for their empire, doesnt mean our history belongs to you.

india never existed before August 15,1947. It was British India Empire.

Today's india is a day younger than Pakistan. Your india was born in August 15,1947 and Pakistan was born in August 14, 1947.

Your "india" is a foreign created word. Just because you kept the name your British masters made for their empire, doesnt mean our history belongs to you.

Hate, hate and hate!!! It is like a disease!

Decency is a word that is not in your dictionary. If you did not forget I had same discussion with you some months ago and you retreated. See what happen now.

If British was our master, so is yours. And you do not know that the British did not game the name 'India', it was used by foreigners for many years. One example:

Dutch east India company, established much earlier than British east India company.
Dutch East India Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If that history does not belongs to us, that belongs to none.

Today's india is a day younger than Pakistan. Your india was born in August 15,1947 and Pakistan was born in August 14, 1947.
India is thousands of years old not created in 15th August 1947, that is why called independence.

Unfortunate for some, Jinnah wasn't an Arabic wannabe, all that he wanted was for Pakistan to be a nation that proves to the world that a nation can be modern while being intrinsically Muslim. This would entail openness and respect for all religion, peace with everyone and a mentality to achieve the best in the world.

But that didn't happen isn't it? He was practically trying to do good but a good that is simply too difficult to attain. In short, he unintentionally becomes the reason for today's chaos in Pakistan. His personal belief was a utopia rather than practicality that failed to materialized and caused a strong lack of identity. Had he chosen to adopt Arabic language as national language and some other symbols and names like Dinar and others, he'd have likely given a homogenous identity to the entire country rather than creating ethnic barriers and fighting.

In fact, if you had Arabized it would have been smoother with you being Muslims and all.

However the bastards that followed had other plans and with the treacherous Arabs, they destroyed the fabric of this nation.

There is no point of cursing them. The problem became serious when your nation was caught in the midst of being considered south Asian or Arab. This was the time when you should have considered taking Arab identity since you chose to break away from us. You had all the chance and time to slowly transform your country shaped up on a more uniform identity rather than creating something so mixed up that neither agreed with our tradition nor with Arab/Islamic.

Rather than fretting Arabization, maybe if you had adopted it rather than a mix of Perso-Turko-Arabism, it would have not been so uncertain today. I am not being sarcastic but serious.

Jinnah is respected in countries like Turkey, other nations like Saudi Arabia do not even name him because of his nature, which is the antithesis of the bedouin backwardness.

But then Pakistan neither chose to be like Ataturk nor like Reza Shah Pehlavi. None of the Turks became Christians or Taoists or anything even during Ataturk's rule and still Turkey is 98% Muslim and yet liberal enough. However, this confusion between whom to relate with has caused problems in your country.

Saudi Arabia has been a large scale benefactor in terms of financial help to your country. I am surprised how you could turn against them when it comes to this. They have given you so much financial help and yet you condemn them. There naturally will be some or the other thing exchanged for money--- either it is goods that you couldn't give or it is strategic advantage that you're refusing to give.

So you guys have to make up your mind what it is going to be even today: South Asia or Middle East.

Decency is a word that is not in your dictionary. If you did not forget I had same discussion with you some months ago and you retreated. See what happen now.

If British was our master, so is yours. And you do not know that the British did not game the name 'India', it was used by foreigners for many years. One example:

Dutch east India company, established much earlier than British east India company.
Dutch East India Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If that history does not belongs to us, that belongs to none.

India is thousands of years old not created in 15th August 1947, that is why called independence.

You need foreigners to give you an identity and a name for your land? Where do you live in India? Do you see the Indus River anywhere around you? You have the Ganges River all around you so if you want a river to determine your identity or your home country, use the Ganges. What its too polluted, well so is your country.

As for thousands of years nonsense. What is today known as "india" was not even one entity a thousand years ago, just forget about the Indus Valley.

Today's India is just 64 years old. The history of our Pak Sarzameen doesn't belong to you and never will. The history surrounding ganges where your family come from is all yours.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Omar. You are one confused soul.

It is beyond obvious that you harbor a pure hatred, a self hatred and that goes beyond bounds.

Let it go.

Life will so much more wonderful. Hate is an infection. Let it go.

On a forum full of IP warriors, this will be lost. Trust me though....Let it go.

Hey BanglaPride, why didn't you rejoin India after you won your independence in 1971 if you love india so much. Your Bengali land was also part of British India Empire before 1947 :P

What verse in the Quran makes such actions 'illegitimate'?

Does it not boil down to a matter of interpretation? And what business is it of yours or anyone else if some/many Muslims choose to pray at these shrines?

Agnostic,

Tell me if you believe the prophet's life was true and complete personification of Islam ?
Did the prophet ever carried out this act of going to the graves ?

I can tell you now, that Islam is VERY VERY strict on the concept of Tauheed and Shirk, and Islam does not allow any thing
which even potentially can equal the role of deity.

Isn't this enough of a deterrent ?

Back
Top Bottom