What's new

Best Fighter Jets In The World

I agree. Very VERY old!!!!

But the list must be pretty old considering it says Su-27 and not SU-30 or Su-35, although to be fair, it's still a pretty fair list although the Eurofighter should be ahead of the Rafale.

I think so by Su-27 author means flanker series.
Good list but J-10 is superior to F-18 and F-15 I doubt!:disagree:

My list (Includes most advanced version of the mentioned aircraft) -

1) F-22 Raptor
2) MiG-35
3) Su-35/Su-30 MKI
4) Eurofighter
5) Rafale
6) Gripen
7) F-15
8) F-16
9) J-10
10) F/A-18

Thread is best fighter jet in the world. It does not specify in which role. In a2a role EF is better than Rafale but in a2g role:disagree:. Neither in Naval role. We do not see that some navy is ordering EF for itself but Rafale is an option. Thus Rafale is better than EF overall. Su-35 is also more towards air superiority than multirole. And mig-35, I highly doubt its comparison with Rafale. So Rafale should be no.2. As j-10b is not yet disclosed it should be at last place. After its arrival it surely will jump 3 or 4 places.

My standings will be
1. F-22 Raptor
2. Rafale
3. EF
4. Flanker series
5. F-18 SH
6. Grippen NG
7. F-15 S.Eagle
8. F-16 Blk 50/52
9. J-10A

people tend to forget that it doesn't matter how good the fighter is if you don't have the best pilots. #1 consideration is pilot training then comes the aircraft. look at the Red Flag exercises this year with the Indian and U.S. Air forces. Even with thrust vectoring aircraft (Su-30) the Indians were consistently beat by U.S. pilots using f-16's and F-15's. also there were the Israeli's in 1982 who shot down proximately 80 MIG's with the loss of one aircraft.

After the F-15 Silent eagle it’s time for Su-30MKI to disapear out of the radar. There have been reports that Russia’s UAC (United Aircraft Corporation) and India’s HAL (Hindustan Aeronotics Limited) are developing the ‘Smart Skin’ concept for Su-30MKI.
Smart skin also know as Artificial neural membrane refers to a new class of functional structure developed through research adaptive and evolutionary neural networks and programmable materials. The greatest interest in ANM structures surround their potential as open architecture environments for the integration of microscale and nanoscale devices. Artificial neural membrane technology development has been funded by the NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts, for application to quasi-steady state flapping wing flight. Currently Aerospace Research Systems, Inc. the agency that pioneered work in developing artificial neurons for use in control of multifunctional smart structures is applying the technology to reusable launch vehicles. Other applications include biotechnology processes, morphing aircraft and spacecraft, adaptive wind generators, and artificial organs. Recent research also indicates that ANM systems may provide the first truly automated intentional or conceptual programming environment.
By 2014, UAC together with HAL will begin upgrading the first 100 IAF Su-30MKIs by modifying their airframes to make them stealthy, converting the existing ‘Bars’ into an active phased-array radar, enhancing the situational awareness by incorporating active electronically scanned transmit/receive arrays on the aircraft’s wings and pumping up the defensive-aids suite by installing a combined radar/laser warning system and a missile approach warning system.

After the F-15 Silent eagle it’s time for Su-30MKI to disapear out of the radar. There have been reports that Russia’s UAC (United Aircraft Corporation) and India’s HAL (Hindustan Aeronotics Limited) are developing the ‘Smart Skin’ concept for Su-30MKI.
Smart skin also know as Artificial neural membrane refers to a new class of functional structure developed through research adaptive and evolutionary neural networks and programmable materials. The greatest interest in ANM structures surround their potential as open architecture environments for the integration of microscale and nanoscale devices. Artificial neural membrane technology development has been funded by the NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts, for application to quasi-steady state flapping wing flight. Currently Aerospace Research Systems, Inc. the agency that pioneered work in developing artificial neurons for use in control of multifunctional smart structures is applying the technology to reusable launch vehicles. Other applications include biotechnology processes, morphing aircraft and spacecraft, adaptive wind generators, and artificial organs. Recent research also indicates that ANM systems may provide the first truly automated intentional or conceptual programming environment.
By 2014, UAC together with HAL will begin upgrading the first 100 IAF Su-30MKIs by modifying their airframes to make them stealthy, converting the existing ‘Bars’ into an active phased-array radar, enhancing the situational awareness by incorporating active electronically scanned transmit/receive arrays on the aircraft’s wings and pumping up the defensive-aids suite by installing a combined radar/laser warning system and a missile approach warning system.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I will believe that when I see it.

Last edited:

It might seem funny ...but he was not joking ! ;) Though i don't think its not possible to make it completely invisible,but it could sure help in reducing radar signature !

Smart Skin concept for Su-30MKI

FORCE - A Complete News Magazine on National Security - Defence Magazine
The pre-planned product improvement roadmap for the Su-30MKI continues to make steady progress, with two Indian Air Force (IAF) Su-30MKIs, delivered in mid-2002, being dispatched to United Aircraft Corp (UAC) of Russia¡'s Irkutsk-based facility (IRKUT Corp) where both airframes will be strengthened and refurbished, and their navigation-and-attack system will be upgraded in order to arm the aircraft with the BrahMos supersonic air-launched cruise missile for both maritime strike and ground attack. Thus, while all structural and electrical work will be undertaken at Irkutsk, the Tikhomirov-NIIP will upgrade the Su-30MKI¡'s existing NO-11M ¡Bars¡ passive phased-array radar¡¯s performance and operating modes by incorporating a radar target extraction LRU. Once all this has been done, the two upgraded Su-30MKIs will be flown back to India to begin the weapons qualification test-firings, which will be jointly conducted by BrahMos Aerospace and the IAF.
And come 2014, UAC, together with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) will begin upgrading the first 100 IAF Su-30MKIs by modifying their airframes to make them stealthy, converting the existing ¡®Bars¡¯ into an active phased-array radar, enhancing the situational awareness by incorporating active electronically scanned transmit/receive arrays on the aircraft's wings, and beefing up the defensive-aids suite by installing a combined radar/laser warning system and a missile approach warning system. Tikhomirov-NIIP had by last November begun laboratory-level tests of a ¡Bars¡, which was fitted with an AESA array made up of X-band transmit/receive modules built by Istok JSC.

Since then, another two ¡Bars¡ radars have been modified as part of the R&D phase, which will last until 2012, and will be followed by flight qualification a year later. Incidentally, Tikhomirov-NIIP has also developed the Irbis-E passive phased-array radar for the Su-35BM and will soon begin work on modifying the Irbis-E into an active phased-array radar, which will go on board the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) that will be co-developed by UAC and HAL. In addition, both UAC and Tikhomirov-NIIP have come together to develop the ¡smart skin concept under which an AESA array's transmit/receive modules can be placed anywhere on board the Su-30MKI to generate the relevant radiation field required for achieving more than 180-degree field-of-view.

It might seem funny ...but he was not joking ! ;) Though i don't think its not possible to make it completely invisible,but it could sure help in reducing radar signature !

Smart Skin concept for Su-30MKI

FORCE - A Complete News Magazine on National Security - Defence Magazine
The pre-planned product improvement roadmap for the Su-30MKI continues to make steady progress, with two Indian Air Force (IAF) Su-30MKIs, delivered in mid-2002, being dispatched to United Aircraft Corp (UAC) of Russia¡'s Irkutsk-based facility (IRKUT Corp) where both airframes will be strengthened and refurbished, and their navigation-and-attack system will be upgraded in order to arm the aircraft with the BrahMos supersonic air-launched cruise missile for both maritime strike and ground attack. Thus, while all structural and electrical work will be undertaken at Irkutsk, the Tikhomirov-NIIP will upgrade the Su-30MKI¡'s existing NO-11M ¡Bars¡ passive phased-array radar¡¯s performance and operating modes by incorporating a radar target extraction LRU. Once all this has been done, the two upgraded Su-30MKIs will be flown back to India to begin the weapons qualification test-firings, which will be jointly conducted by BrahMos Aerospace and the IAF.
And come 2014, UAC, together with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) will begin upgrading the first 100 IAF Su-30MKIs by modifying their airframes to make them stealthy, converting the existing ¡®Bars¡¯ into an active phased-array radar, enhancing the situational awareness by incorporating active electronically scanned transmit/receive arrays on the aircraft's wings, and beefing up the defensive-aids suite by installing a combined radar/laser warning system and a missile approach warning system. Tikhomirov-NIIP had by last November begun laboratory-level tests of a ¡Bars¡, which was fitted with an AESA array made up of X-band transmit/receive modules built by Istok JSC.

Since then, another two ¡Bars¡ radars have been modified as part of the R&D phase, which will last until 2012, and will be followed by flight qualification a year later. Incidentally, Tikhomirov-NIIP has also developed the Irbis-E passive phased-array radar for the Su-35BM and will soon begin work on modifying the Irbis-E into an active phased-array radar, which will go on board the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) that will be co-developed by UAC and HAL. In addition, both UAC and Tikhomirov-NIIP have come together to develop the ¡smart skin concept under which an AESA array's transmit/receive modules can be placed anywhere on board the Su-30MKI to generate the relevant radiation field required for achieving more than 180-degree field-of-view.

I know about the article. I just don't put much credence in it. Especially when the technology was suppose to be developed by NASA and a private U.S. aerospace firm. That kind of technology would be export restricted big time.

I know about the article. I just don't put much credence in it. when the technology was suppose to be developed by NASA and a private U.S. aerospace firm. That kind of technology would be export restricted big time.

Hello Thomas ! i didn't understand what specific technology you were mentioning ! :what:

Hello Thomas ! i didn't understand what specific technology you were mentioning ! :what:

Making jet stealth never means that Jet covered with smart skin concept. Yes smart skin can absorb radar signals.....but not completely....besides that Smart skin will put more load on jet weight.

And more important when Jet is going to fire missel or rocket it will be scanned.

At the moment, The only stealth fighter in the world is F-22 Raptor...even silent F-15 is not stealth fighter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom