What's new

Beneath burqa, a mangalsutra and chooda

wat sort of?:unsure:

bridal jewellery(with women wearing them of course)... not cats for god's shake...
bastet.jpg

On the contrary, I like the entire Christian way of marriage, short and simple.

There are too many rituals in Hindu marriages.

I don't know much about Sikhs but even they have too much of fanfare like Hindus.

I like the marriage atmosphere of Christians.

To put it in one line -> I hate Band, Baaja and Baraat.

North Indian marriages are a bit flashy, yes.

You should see south indian hindu marriages. No Band, Baaja and Baraat. Just the traditions and rituals.

@Patriots is here... ab toh gayi yeh thread. Yeh lo. Aur post karo without knowing about the Islamic faith. I remember another such thread before too.

بدعتی اہلسنت کو دیکھ کر ایسے ہی گھبراتا ہے ۔۔۔ جیسے ابھی تمہاری حالت ہوئی ہے :lol:

There is nothing religious about mangalsutra. Its a cultural practice that says one is married. I know one Hyderabadi muslim who wears mangalsutra. She did not always wear it, it was more of a jewellery made of gold as savings kind of thing.

Lots of hindus wear the kada (one of the Ks of sikhism).

Such things do not change anyone's faith, unless the faith is extremely weak.

Its true Muslims women of centeral India often wear mangalsutar ..

Last edited by a moderator:
بدعتی اہلسنت کو دیکھ کر ایسے ہی گھبراتا ہے ۔۔۔ جیسے ابھی تمہاری حالت ہوئی ہے :lol:
for those who did not understand here is rough translation:

Innovations like to see Ahle Sunnat afraid ... just like you Condition is - laughing gree face

Few months back some Pakistanis were discussing Saree as a vulgar dress on this forum.

It depends on the type of Sari because Lahori and Karachite women often wear it. Its specialty to Deccan families. But I believe in freedom of choice for everyone. They want to wear it fine-their choice-no matter how revealing or whatever. Also some things should be done for communal harmony.

@Patriot I respect your views , but If non-muslims wear jewellery as some religious tradition then it doesn't means that our women who wear it just as jewellery left to wear , Yes ! It would better If they spent that extra money to help poors but It doesn't mean that we are doing "Shirk". They just wear it as local tradition , Yes ! Its unneccessary but sometimes muslims save gold in form of jewellery and I think this would help you more.

This prohibition applies to men only, not to women, as ‘Ali, may Allaah be pleased with him, reported that the Prophet of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) took a piece of silk in his right hand and a piece of gold in his left, and said: "These are forbidden for the males of my ummah." (reported by al-Nisaa’i and Abu Dawud).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also said: "Wearing silk and gold is permitted for the women of my ummah and prohibited for the males." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad)

Gold is permitted for women because of their delicate and gentle nature, and their need for adornment. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "(Do they then like for Allaah) a creature who is brought up in adornments (wearing gold and silk ornaments, i.e., women), and in dispute cannot make herself clear?" [al-Zukhruf 43:18]

Thanx @K-Xeroid but the thing is discussing here about resembling of non-Muslim nations ... Its very much true that women can wear gold & silk ... It is permitted for women ... And all Muslim women do this ..

Last edited by a moderator:
for those who did not understand here is rough translation:

Innovations like to see Ahle Sunnat afraid ... just like you Condition is - laughing gree face

Sorry dude … I like to write urdu in urdu script rather roman urdu … I replied to that guy innovatory often get afraid from Ahle Sunnat as he did to seeing to me over here …

In my village all the muslim and christian family who have kids celebrate diwali by setting of crackers the whole day - even though diwali is a hindu festival - sometimes i wonder what they are celebrating lol .

In my village all the muslim and christian family who have kids celebrate diwali by setting of crackers the whole day - even though diwali is a hindu festival - sometimes i wonder what they are celebrating lol .

I have not celebrated diwali by burning crackers since my school days( std 10).. its terrifying...

Back
Top Bottom