What's new

Beneath burqa, a mangalsutra and chooda

@Patriot I respect your views , but If non-muslims wear jewellery as some religious tradition then it doesn't means that our women who wear it just as jewellery left to wear , Yes ! It would better If they spent that extra money to help poors but It doesn't mean that we are doing "Shirk". They just wear it as local tradition , Yes ! Its unneccessary but sometimes muslims save gold in form of jewellery and I think this would help you more.

This prohibition applies to men only, not to women, as ‘Ali, may Allaah be pleased with him, reported that the Prophet of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) took a piece of silk in his right hand and a piece of gold in his left, and said: "These are forbidden for the males of my ummah." (reported by al-Nisaa’i and Abu Dawud).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also said: "Wearing silk and gold is permitted for the women of my ummah and prohibited for the males." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad)

Gold is permitted for women because of their delicate and gentle nature, and their need for adornment. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "(Do they then like for Allaah) a creature who is brought up in adornments (wearing gold and silk ornaments, i.e., women), and in dispute cannot make herself clear?" [al-Zukhruf 43:18]

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know if some one talked about this in the 7 pages on this thread.. Its nothing to do with secularism or religion. Its all that Ekta Kapoor tv serials manifesting themselves on the streets of India and Pakistan(somewhat)

Once again, a tribal religious justification for OUTWARD APPEARANCES --- Where ethics , where morality?? That kind of stuff, well, what is that anyway?

I hope you agree with ladies wearing it. It isn't a big deal, is it ?

I havenot any issues with it.. .
Islam as long as i know doesnot forbid to wear anything like that.. .

i dont know if some one talked about this in the 7 pages on this thread.. Its nothing to do with secularism or religion. Its all that Ekta Kapoor tv serials manifesting themselves on the streets of India and Pakistan(somewhat)

yeah.. ekta kapoor brings us together... we all hate her.. :)

I said that I am neither a Muslim nor Christian in reply to AuZ's post.

You may dislike Islam and pretend that you are a pious Muslim. Isn't that a Munafiq?

simple..
munafiq=The one who shows what he is not..
i.e i am a liar and i shows my language is clean or u acting gentely with your enemy while in your heart you want to kill him

You are wrong dude

prove me wrong by Hadis or Quran... :smokin:

Yaar, many people wear Tabeez.

In my hometown, there is a Majaar of some peer baba, only one Muslim lives there. Our close friend are Sharma, Brahmin, and their son, whom I call big brother, has best friend from that Muslim family. The house in front of our friend is of Sindhi. The house next to that Sindhi family, is of another Muslim.

A Brahmin, Sindhi and Muslim, I never noticed it that much. Whether there is wedding in any one's house, they all help each other.

On Govardhan, the Sindhi and Muslim family always come and celebrate with us.

Meanwhile, the Muslim guy is considered as brother by all of us. Whenever anyone is ill, that guy comes to their home just on one phone call and don't take any charge from the people he knows. My sister ties Rakhi to him whenever we are in our hometown on Rakhsa-bandhan.

Guys like him living peacefully and respected. One of the best human being I have ever met.

Yaar, many people wear Tabeez.

In my hometown, there is a Majaar of some peer baba, only one Muslim lives there. Our close friend are Sharma, Brahmin, and their son, whom I call big brother, has best friend from that Muslim family. The house in front of our friend is of Sindhi. The house next to that Sindhi family, is of another Muslim.

A Brahmin, Sindhi and Muslim, I never noticed it that much. Whether there is wedding in any one's house, they all help each other.

On Govardhan, the Sindhi and Muslim family always come and celebrate with us.

Meanwhile, the Muslim guy is considered as brother by all of us. Whenever anyone is ill, that guy comes to their home just on one phone call and don't take any charge from the people he knows. My sister ties Rakhi to him whenever we are in our hometown on Rakhsa-bandhan.

Guys like him living peacefully and respected. One of the best human being I have ever met.

are you taking revenge on @haviZsultan ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Armstrong dear!! Its more like a cultural thing here in India.. Christians here wear mangalsutra also and consider it as sacred..

Then its a good thing; my Mom, personally, likes that Karva Chaout or some word like that thing, whereby a wife keeps a fast for her husband - Shes mentioned that as something admirable !

But that said, most of those things aren't really a part of our culture; we (as in Punjabis) have got some of those things still like the concept of Jahaiz or the color & music as part of our festivities & a few other things but its almost alien to the rest of Pakistan as are some of our (Punjabi's) practices. But I confess I haven't seen a Mangalsutar or a Sindoor being worn by any Pakistani woman that I know of; we usually go with the 'ring' & a 'watch' for the groom & 'kundaan bracelets', 'a ring' & 'heena tattooed hands' for the bride, to show that they're newly weds.

Bindi's, Mangalsutra's, colorful bangles, Sindoor, Sari, nose studs, Sangeet ceremonies seen on Non Hindu's :lol: saare Hindi serials aur bollywood ka kamaal hai.

Yeah I did on the other page. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom