What's new

Beneath burqa, a mangalsutra and chooda

Bindi's, Mangalsutra's, colorful bangles, Sindoor, Sari, nose studs, Sangeet ceremonies seen on Non Hindu's :lol: saare Hindi serials aur bollywood ka kamaal hai.

SO much confusion - what is religion, what is culture, what is Identity? It all comes from exclusiveness of a rural mindset, from these idiot pigeon holes that people insist they must be in - poor individual

Jewelry too now must have a religious identity, to be followed by make up - the Real Muslims already have a fashion god dictating what women can and MUST wear and how facial hair is a must.

Even as the world experiences technological leaps and sciences grows, for some the tribal, the exclusivist, the taboo filled world view is attractive - so much fear -- over what??

I have never seen or heard a woman wearing any of the above mentioned ornaments in Pakistan.

Without proper ritual, there is nothing called Mangalsutra. Its just a locket.

Guys, don't generalize things according to your perception or what seems more like a symbol of Hinduism or Islam.

@muse Sir, this is the same generalization we hate about us but we do it for others. this is where we are progressing scientifically but regressing intellectually.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the contrary, I like the entire Christian way of marriage, short and simple.

There are too many rituals in Hindu marriages.

What?????????

Dude I found Hindu marriage simple than the Christian marriage.. The speech is intolerable..It takes one and half hours to complete a Christian marriage

There is nothing religious about mangalsutra. Its a cultural practice that says one is married. I know one Hyderabadi muslim who wears mangalsutra. She did not always wear it, it was more of a jewellery made of gold as savings kind of thing.

Lots of hindus wear the kada (one of the Ks of sikhism).

Such things do not change anyone's faith, unless the faith is extremely weak.

What?????????

Dude I found Hindu marriage simple than the Christian marriage.. The speech is intolerable..It takes one and half hours to complete a Christian marriage
lol, thats because we dont give a sh*t what the purohit says.. just give the stuff to him and get it done.. dont ask any question.
and for the rest of us like me.. its the food.. :)

@muse Sir, this is the same generalization we hate about us but we do it for others. this is where we are progressing scientifically but regressing intellectually.

Where does this insecurity in our cultures come from?? I think we have always been insecure, that we have not left the village behind - it's really the kind of societies we have continued, a society of outward appearances - really, where is the individual?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing religious about mangalsutra. Its a cultural practice that says one is married. I know one Hyderabadi muslim who wears mangalsutra. She did not always wear it, it was more of a jewellery made of gold as savings kind of thing.

Lots of hindus wear the kada (one of the Ks ks sikhism).

Such things do not change anyone's faith, unless the faith is extremely weak.

Hindus in many places do not wear mangalsutra.

Hindus in many places do not wear mangalsutra.

Absolutely, as its a cultural practice and cultural practices in india vary a lot. Same goes for chooda and sindoor.

Armstrong dear!! Its more like a cultural thing here in India.. Christians here wear mangalsutra also and consider it as sacred..

Ya but not sacred in the ''god'' kind of way, sacred in the way a wife cherishes her husband in India (or so i've heard, did not happen to me :))

Mate it is very sacred to us.. It is prayed infront of the alter before the groom knot it to the bride..
No for hindus its purely to show your love to your husband (or gold?), bit like wedding ring. Not much holy thing.

Back
Top Bottom